The young prince of Castle Baldea, and a descendant of Lewin. He flees from the surrounded castle before it falls to Kaiser Digos of the Dalsis Empire.
- Crutch Character: Volkoff is a member of the exclusive Sword Master class, can use all three of the basic troop types (Soldier, Horseman, and Archer), and is nigh-unkillable by himself. However, he can't gain any experience, so he is best used to fend off enemies too strong for Ledin in the early game.
A traveling cleric who is attacked by the Shika Tribe on the road. Ledin and Volkoff come to her rescue and promise to protect her.
- Big Damn Heroes: During Mission 4 when Ledin's party is attacked by slimes, Chris comes to their aid with an army of Guardsmen, whose flaming weapons are more effective against the monsters than your standard blades and arrows.
- Red Shirt: During the escort mission to Salrath, Chris' only troops are of the Civilian class, who have absolutely no offensive capabilities and are easy prey for the Shika barbarians. They may get a lucky kill every once in a while, but are only good as meat shields.
The female commander of Baldea's Royal Guard. During Castle Baldea's fall, she guides Ledin and Volkoff outside the castle, before she goes back to save King Illzach.
- Dragon Rider: She's one of two characters who can be promoted to the Dragon Knight class. The other, Lance, becomes this once he joins your party.
A General of Dalsis, and the commander of Laias and Laetitia. He frequently crosses paths with Ledin. After the story, he starts a relationship with Namu and creates the country of Kalxath, which is an important location in later games.
- Easy Amnesia: In the epilogue, it's stated that an injury in the final battle left him with amnesia, and he wandered the land until reuniting with Namu.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: When faced as an enemy, he and his Royal Soldiers are stronger than your average troops, and take a coordinated effort to be brought down.
The Kaiser of the Dalshis Empire. He launches an attack on Baldea in order to capture the legendary sword Langrisser. His ultimate goal is the unification of El Sallia, and it appears that he'll stop at nothing.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Laias' last appearance is after Lance has been defeated at Twin Castle, securing him an escape route. His whereabouts afterwards are unknown.