Funny: Atop The Fourth Wall 2011 Episodes
open/close all folders
Cry For Justice #1- 2
- Why did Green Lantern and Green Arrow go into a building of supervillains with no backup? '''JUSTICE!!'''
- Linkara's reaction to the implication that Hal Jordan had a drunken threesome with Huntress and Lady Blackhawk.
*laughs* Implying that two asskicking superheroines from Gail Simone's critically acclaimed Birds of Prey series had a drunken threesome with Hal Jordan. *laughs then looks mad* Hilarious.
- "Hey, we should start a band!"
Hal: What about Justice?!"
Linkara: "What about LOVE?!"
- Issue 1 begins with Hal Jordan saying he has a confession to make. Linkara's response:
"I'm pregnant!" *cue suspenseful music*
Cry For Justice #3- 4
- "Nope. Explosions do not work that way. Not buying it." He then points out that the kind of faulty logic that led into it sounds like a ten-year-old's attempt at screenwriting, followed by him imitating said ten-year-old.
- "My God... a giant intelligent gorilla and an alien are about to fight robots on jetpacks. Why is this story not about them?!?" He then sets the resulting fight scene to "Ride of the Valkyries".
- When Prometheus says he wants revenge "on the superhero community as a whole," Linkara immediately and dryly says "Why?"
Power Rangers Zeo # 1
- Linkara's White Zeo Ranger outfit, aka "Pimpkara", first seen in Power Rangers Zeo #1. Yes, it does look awesome, but admit it - you laughed when you first saw it.
- Huh... in my head, I thought he looked more like a rapper-wannabe... eh, to each his own.
- I thought he looked like Michael Jackson.
- The really hilarious part is that, from the neck down, he was totally dressed as a Ranger. But instead of a helmet he had his hat only in white, so yeah, the hat morphs too, apparently.
- So does his jacket.
- Linkara trotting out Neutro, stolen from Insano...only to discover that the "cockpit" control panel is a NES controller that Pollo wired into the system.
Linkara: Pollo, this is an NES Advantage!
Pollo: I got busy and never finished it.
Linkara: What do I pay you for again?!
- YOU! TALK! TOO! MUCH! DURING! A! FIGHT! SCENE!
- As for funny moments from the comic review itself:
Narrator: After a quick journey...
Linkara: Yeah, "quick" doesn't even begin to cover that, considering they traveled to ANOTHER GALAXY!
Live review (Atari Force)
- "Here they come up with new ways for the Jaguar CD to not work."
- The Situation: A World in Crisis.
- Linkara's various names for Commander Martin Champion a la Mike and the ‘Bots’ many names for Reb Brown's character in Space Mutiny.
- This bit involving Linkara and an audience member responding to one of his jokes:
Mission Control: I am ordering you to — SKWAARK
Linkara: Did Mission Control just get attacked by zombies?
Linkara: No, no. That's a Skronk.
Audience Member: It's the distant future of 2005. Maybe it changes.
Linkara: Ah! The evolution of Skronk.
- Linkara's reaction to the shorts worn by one of the officers at the Peace Keeping Force HQ.
Linkara (impersonating the officer): Don't worry citizens! My hot pants will save you!
- "Wait wait wait, she was supposed to be Irish? Crap, now I gotta start over!"
- An audience member's reaction to the very formally constructed internal monologue of the villain:
Audience Member: Can we do that in English please?
- Linkara reacting to the fact that the post-apocalyptic setting Atari Force is set in looks way better than the comic describes it.
Linkara: This is the cleanest Armageddon I've ever seen.
- "Okay, what genius decided to put a claustrophobic man in space?"
- "So, wait: in the future, individual businesses and research foundations assume all political control, instead of governments? Man, this explains so damn much about the Umbrella Corporation."
Cry For Justice #5- 7
- Justity Justice #5, 6, and Justice.
- GINGEVITIS STRIKES WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
- And Black Canary has turned into a Romulan.
- Regarding Supergirl and how Off Model she was drawn - "For heaven's sakes woman, eat a burger!"
- To round out the Off Model comments, his frequent mention of the "surprisingly Caucasian Firestorm."
- The Justice League neutralizes Prometheus... and then puts his helmet back on him as they chain him up (the helmet is the source of his abilities). Linkara loses it.
- "Wait, he gave you the codes while he was still on board the satellite? Why didn't you knock him out again afterwards?! Did he make you pinkie swear not to?!"
- The intensely terrifying ending of the video, capped off with... Lesley Gore.
Care Bears # 13
- Linkara's initial reaction to the Care Bears comic Liz tries to cheer him up with.
- The Great Caring War of 1998.
- The very first two comments on the video:
: I know how to beat Vyse! Round up a bunch of Care Bears, lure Vyse into a hall of mirrors, and let those Care Bears fire off as many Care Bear Stares as possible. It's unethical, but he'll become a saviour of universes
- "The lesson of Care Bears: when love and caring fail, resort to violence!" Cue cheers of happy children.
- Get the Cloudmobile, Wishbear! Cue scene from the '60s Adam West Batman, only with a giant heart instead of a bat!
- Care Bears do the Care Bear Stare
- Can the Care Bears hear everything? *leans in* Are you watching me, Care Bears? *Fascinating Eyebrow*
- *to the tune of Europe's "The Final Countdown"* It's a Care Bears countdown! *dances to the music*
- His reaction to a close-up of Beastly's face.
- Due to Star Comics calling itself the new world in the Marvel Universe, Linkara then wonders if this means the Care Bears needed to register during the Civil War.
- After the Madballs unleash a Hurricane of Puns, Linkara just stares flatly at the camera, then cues up the Robot Chicken clip of King Leonidas kicking his TV and yelling, "THIS! ISN'T! FUNNY!"
Superman: Distant Fires
- Superman: Distant Fires
- "...it's only appropriate that I give this the right kind of travel music." *Cue anime version of Route 1 from Pokémon*
- Liz's look at the beginning of the video after she asks Linkara's role in fending off Vyce is just priceless.
I'll be doing the most important job of all: Reviewing a crappy Else Worlds
- This comic also bears the ultimate You Fail Physics Forever moment. He get into the precise jargon about Earth Science, brings up some tweets on the topic, and even makes a swipe at Captain Planet. And it comes down to the following:
Linkara: Yes, nuclear war would most certainly devastate most, if not all life on Earth. But, IT CANNOT BLOW IT UP...And yes, that is actually what is happening. The world is blowing up and it will explode at the end of this comic.
- Linkara's new nickname for Supes.
- "Why the repetition there? THE REPETITION THERE?!"
- "...and if you look over there, honey, you'll see the giant, floating hallucination of my dead wife!"
- Billy Batson starts ranting about how he was always a step below Superman:
Comic: He was always Number One, and I was always a distant Number Two!
Youngblood # 3
- Youngblood #3 - The utterly epic Trash Talk Linkara pulls on Lord Vyce. The fact that Judas Liz calmly walks away while Vyce slowly loses his temper makes it even funnier.
Doctor Who Classics # 7
Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four in... Brain Drain!
- Linkara opening the Spider-Man/Fantastic Four PSA Hell with a Captain's Log ("Stardate...umm...Monday.") on his new ship dressed in a Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan era Starfleet uniform, ending in "I hope owning a ship won't go to my head. I'd hate to start walking around in a Starfleet uniform..."
- For once, the comic has one all by itself: "Oh Doomsie, gaze upon my radiant beauty and despair!"
- Linkara sees that the comic was written by Tom DeFalco and takes the Heroic BSOD to new levels of literalness.
- The fact that Linksano was pacified from taking over the universe himself by a chemistry playset. Talk about Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!!
- A junior chemistry playset, even! "That'll keep him occupied for a few months!"
- "Okay I take it back. Reed Richards is not a genius. He is in fact a complete moron." In fact, his facial expressions at all the Idiot Plot moments (which is a LOT) in this comic are hilarious.
- After explaining why Peter Parker is a teacher in this, he also notes: "However, he's not a teacher anymore! Why is this you ask?" *cue picture of One More Day while the Imperial March plays ominously over it*
- This bit is actually funnier in hindsight, following everything Linkara said in the 200th episode.
- Before he starts to explain why Peter's a teacher, though, this happens:
Linkara: His classroom, you ask? Well, it's time for backstory—!
Linkara: You couldn't have waited until I actually started explaining it?
Continuity Alarm (through text): Very well.
Linkara: Anyway, during J. Michael Straczynski's run on Spider-Man—
Linkara: ...That's not what I meant.
- "Better start with how to use the toilet."
- "I really hope this guy is just a malfunctioning doombot"
- KISS comics review - The title card. Seeing the cast of the show dressed like KISS is just hysterical.
- The kid in the comic mentions wanting a Nirvana reunion:
Linkara: Now you've done it.
90's Kid: Duuuuude! They should totally do a Nirvana reunion! They could dig up Kurt Cobain's corpse and then prop it up on stage and have some zombie chicks use it like a puppet!
) There is something seriously wrong
- The Running Gag with Todd in the Shadows uncontrolably laughing at Linkara's proposition to do a KISS comics crossover review. Which culminates when Todd stops laughing and agrees to do it... when Linkara is done reviewing both of them.
- The implication that Todd was laughing in the background for the entire review.
- "Yeah! Because I prefer the parents of the girl I'm sweet on to be flaming homosexuals!"
- "Password?" "Let me in you idiot!"
Superman and Wonder Woman: Tandy Computer Whiz Kids
- From his Superman and Wonder Woman: Tandy Computer Whiz Kids:
- "If this turns into a Doom LAN party, I will take back every negative thing I ever said about this series."
Spawn # 1
- From his Spawn review:
- "Somewhere in time" *cue Doctor Who opening*
- "That gecko LIED TO ME! GEICO wasn't any better!"
- *Spawn's internal monologue having box saying "He betrayed me" next to panel with human skull.* Linkara: "Damn you, Skeletor!!"
- "Next: The Violator!" *cue to Linkara's horrifiend and disgusted face."
X-Force # 1
Backstreet Project # 1
April Fool's Day 2011 Triple Feature
All-Star Batman and Robin #3- 4
- Linkara spends a good part of the video simply staring at the comic in horror. It gets funnier every time.
- Of course, nothing can top the infamous line: "I touched my mother's breast. It bled on me." At that point, Crazy Steve and Linkara had both snapped, and it shows.
- The immediate reaction from Linkara: "Captain Picard! I need you again!"
- "Thank you!"
- And shortly after that we read twelve year old Dick's narration box: "Those bigass FINGERS of his SQUEEZE like a gentle CARESS."
Linkara: Oh my god?! Dick wants to be molested as much as Steve wants to do it! I think I'm gonna be sick..."
- The upbeat delivery of "I call him Steve!"
- This gem:
Dick Grayson, age twelve: Batman's completely nuts.
Linkara: NOOOOOOOO. WHAT GAVE YOU THAT IDEAAAH?
- The titlecard itself, with Linkara as Dick Grayson, age twelve, and Batman having Pedobear's face.
- "Now we know Frank doesn't get Batman anymore! Batman hates rock and roll!"
- "'My mom thinks it's cool. Oh wait, no she doesn't, because my mom is dead, just like your parents are dead!'... Oh what, you know he would have said it if he'd thought of it."
- In response to Linkara's reaction to Black Canary being an Irish ninja a number of Irish (and people of Irish-descent) explain that all people with Irish blood are ninjas. How varies (one says they learn it in school instead of anything else and another says its genetic) but they're all ninjas.
- *Pizzicato Playtime starts up* "Saay... My watch broke!" The look on his face is priceless. He is so satisfied by the prospect of No More Miller Time that it's hilarious.
- "What, no interludes with The Flash, who in this I'm sure is a drug-crazed extortionist? No checking in with Green Lantern, who is no doubt a KKK member who devours the hearts of young girls after molesting them?!"
Lady Gaga # 1
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Linkara is attempting to christen his now-named vessel. The champagne bottle will not break open.
Linkara: Break damn you!
- The reenactment of the trippy, slow-motion wormhole scene from the movie.
- "I am a huge Star Trek fan." *Looks down at his Starfleet uniform* "Duh."
- "Great, it was the Decepticons that got their hands on V-Ger."
- Before, following Spock saying V'Ger comes from a planet of living machines with the original Transformers opening.
- Aha, so V-Ger was behind the evil that is ancient Egypt!
- "Wait, did I leave the oven on before I left? Oh crap..."
The Godyssey # 1
- Him not sure about being offended or awed by the very idea of the comic, eventually settiling on calling Jesus "Hey-sus" (the Spanish pronounciaion, a fairly common name). The Christian Martial Artist.
- JÉSUS WINS! THEOLOGY
- A news report about the Entity disappearing various building...and Linkara's too busy reading to notice.
- Yes but he was noticeably reading the book from Silent Hill that contains that ominous poem about The Entity.... but the fact he was ignoring info about the same thing he was reading about makes it funny again.
- The report is on Lori Prince Live, and as usual, he gets a call from the Joker.
Superman Meets the Quik Bunny
- Because poor literacy is… for small children.
- Linkara's Willing Suspension of Disbelief is broken when the kids are able to turn their clubhouse into a helicopter, or "Quik Qopter".
: First of all, stop putting a "Q" in everything. Second, What?!
Third, What what WHAT?!?!
- Linkara makes fun of Superman's reaction to the Weather Wizard sending lightning at him.
Superman: Whoa! That bolt of lightning just came out of nowhere! I'm in serious danger— and so is the city— unless I do something!
- Fridge Logic kicking in when the comic asks the reader to solve a maze involving Superman and buildings, showing the shortest route is a straight line.
- One of the kids mentions that the safest place to be in during a tornado is its eye.
Linkara: Nooooo, the safest place to be during a tornado is FAR AWAY FROM THE TORNADO!
- The credits gag, where Linkara claims the Quik Bunny was in cahoots with the Weather Wizard and escaped with the cash, but is now being pursued by Jčsus, Christian Martial Artist!
Ultimate Warrior's Workout
Ultimatum #1- 2
Ultimatum #3- 4
- In response to Hank Pym thinking he can bring The Wasp back to life:
Our heroes are crazy, our villains are crazy... HEY, LET'S ALL JUST GO CRAZY!!! (starts dancing/flailing to "Fun Zone
- His fanboyesque gushing over how dying 'only made Captain America cooler'.
- When Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, Zarda and Arcana find Nick Fury, and he asks them why he needs to come help them right now, Richards states (in defiance of the previous explanation for the disaster) "Magneto has shifted Earth's axis." Linkara snaps.
THAT IS NOT
WHAT YOU SAID LAST TIME! YOU SAID MAGNETIC POLES! THE MAGNETIC POLES ARE NOT
THE SAME AS THE AXIAL POLES! Axial pole shift also occurs naturally, although very, VERY slowly! It's caused by the distribution of mass throughout the Earth, and at best alters about ONE DEGREE every 130 MILLION YEARS! If that had
been your explanation from the start, yeah that'd cause serious problems, but you didn't!
You said magnetic poles! Oh, and guess what? THE AXIAL POLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGNETISM! YOU FAIL AT SCIENCE
, COMIC! YOU! FAAAAAAAIL
- After an amazingly convoluted and implausible Gambit Roulette from Dr. Doom:
- Capping every time Captain America does something Bad Ass with the "America! FUCK YEAH!" refrain from the Team America: World Police theme song.
Ultimatum # 5
- "Then we find out who was really behind it all... GRANNY GOODNESS! (Dramatic music plays)
- "No, actually, it was Quicksilver." (Dramatic music plays again; Linkara cuts it off) "Shut up, I'm not going do the "Dun dun DUUUUN!" again."
- Dr. Doom's reaction to the cloaked figure entering the door. "How did you get in here?"
- Linkara:"... Through the door. The door that's right there. (Shows the image clearly showing the cloaked figure entering through a door right in front of Doom) See the door? He came in the door. Everyone in this comic is either crazy or stupid."
Sci-Spy # 2
- His realization that Starchild is nearly exactly like Batman:
Linkara: Even when he (Moench) is not writing about Batman, he's still writing about Batman!
- Linkara's interpretation of the beginning of the comic:
Assassin: Guess what, Starchild? You're dead! Ah, dammit, that was terrible! Here, give me a second and I'll think of a better line.
*camera cuts to dead Starchild*
Assassin: Ah, nuts. Next time I gotta have something better planned.
- His imitation of Batman once he tells Spawn to not touch his cape.
Batman: I just washed this cape, you meanie-head! NOBODY TOUCHES MY CAPE BUT ME!
- When Batman mentions that the glove is pulsing with power:
- Linkara's revelation regarding the comic's narrative boxes:
Linkara: "If Batman is supposed to be narrating all of this — including the parts about him in the third person — he comes across as a crazy person listening to the voices in his head. Okay, I think I just answered my own question there, never mind..."
- "Batman. Protector. Avenger. Detective. Champion. Goddamn."
- When the one-dimensional villain shows up, and the narration is talking about how she's a humanitarian:
: You mean that the humanitarian woman was... (distorted voice) EEEEVIL? (Scare Chord
- Throughout the review, he refers to the villain as "Evil Humanitarian Woman."
- In response to Foe Yay laden trash talking between Batman and Spawn:
'Oh, shut up and just start making out already.'
- Linkara seemed to really be in the Foe Yay spirit in this review:
'You know, Frank, the more you try to convince me that Batman
's better than Superman
, the more it makes me think that he's just some jealous fourteen year old... And maybe possibly that he's in love with him. (Drinks)
Gameboy # 1
- "Also of note is that Tatanga looks like a rejected Muppet."
- "So... here's a weird thought: These two are really the first Digidestined, and the Gameboy is their Digivice."
- That '90s Kid fails karaoke night forever.
- (IN the middle of Harvey and Pollo singing "Wind Beneath My Wings") ROCK ON!(throws up horns while Harvey and Pollo look at him funny... well Harvey anyway). One of the show's best moments by far.
- Linkara's Mario impression.
- "My poor, insane son."
- "Back to Mario and the kids — they encounter some of Tatanga's forces, and Rick gets his ass handed to him by bees with spears." "A deadly bee weapon. Bees. My God."
Eminem Meets The Punisher
Barbi Twins Adventures # 1
- The Beast Wars reference. Yes...
- Someone in the comic says "They'll be Barbicued" and then a clip from one of Robot Chicken's 300 parodies is shown.
King Leonidas: "THIS! ISN'T! FUNNY!" (kicks his TV)
- I just like Linkara's "...really?" expresion before the clip plays.
- "In retrospect, lacing the makeup with nitroglycerin was not my smartest move."
- "This has been a test of the 'Desperate for Anything Resembling a Joke' System. Had this been an actual joke you may have actually laughed."
- As it appears the protagonists are going to die:
Dr. Cox: Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present "Man Not Caring".
- "We'll have to defeat them using our willpower!"
- When he points out that cover says it's a "First Collector's Item Issue", we get:
Linkara: "Got it for $2.25 at my local comicbook store in case you're curious. I was over-charged by about twenty-bucks."
- Just before saying "This comic sucks!"
Linkara: This is a comic book that forces us to ask questions. Namely, there are three questions that I want answered.
Rise of Arsenal # 1 and # 2
Rise of Arsenal # 3 and # 4
- The "Previously On..." segment...where to start?
Minion: You're not a robot! You're fictional!"
Diamanda: *makes :O face*
- Oancitizen walk around doing nothing but spouting complicated references to things. Also, he's the new Prior Walter.
- The overly-detailed conspiracy theories appear to be a reference to the Umberto Eco novel Foucault's Pendulum, judging by his reference to that very object in his first clip.
- The epic battle between Suede's two costume concepts.
- "Stickboy, these readings indicate that it's mathematically impossible for me to give less of a crap." *musical sting*
- "Who's the father?!?"
- Lian Harper is now ZOMBIE GOASTS!
- At the end, Roy Harper "blew up the house and killed the zombie goasts so they were at piece."
- This line:
Arsenal: Got any china cat?
Linkara: I've got a porcelain bunny, does that help?
Also this line:
"Arsenal:" I'm Dark, Man! I'm hardcore with my knives and my cyborg arm!
Comic Book Advertisments
- "I WILL BURY YOU!!!!"
- Linkara not only anticipating Douchey McNitpick's appearance, but then confusing him when he admits to ripping off the Nostalgia Critic, and then hits him with the Comicron 1.
- "No...Noooo! The TurboGrafx-16 is taking over my braaaaaaaaaaaain! *head explodes*
- "Only Hostess cupcakes are worth living and dying for!"
Star Trek # 2
- The Mirror Universe style opening credits, set to the awesome Mirror!Star Trek: Enterprise theme!
- Mirrorkara torturing Mirror Pollo with his own Agonizer, only for it to tickle him. Mirrorkara then tries it on Liz, who gets the same effect.
- Welcome to Atop the Fourth Wall, where bad comics burn, AND SOON YOU WILL ALL OBEY ME!
- Mirror Rob Liefeld is a great writer and artist whose Schedule Slip is only a month at most.
- Mirror Linkara singing "Phenomenom" to the tune of "Mahna Mahna".
- When Iron Liz tells Linkara what his Mirror Universe counterpart was like, she lists various flaws that sound like they could be describing the real Linkara, before mentioning that the review was pretty much the same as the one he did:
Linkara: So, other than the review, this other universe counterpart was absolutely nothing like me.
Linkara: I'm not sure, but I think I was just insulted...
Pollo: I'm sure.
- How did Linkara know that the other Iron Liz wasn't the real one? Her favorite edition of Dungeons & Dragons was the 4th one.
- The blooper at the end. "Phaser fail."
Captain America and the Return of the Asthma Monster
- "His aller-gun triggered an asthma attack. Only one chance. Children, you know what to do."
Linkara: Right, Captain America! *pulls out gun and opens fire*
- Linkaras reaction to the comics ending.
- The kids being upset that Cap took all the credit for defeating the Asthma Monster last time.
- His reaction to the line, "Cap, the rug... it's talking."
Linkara: (as Ruth) What the heck is in this inhaler, anyway?
Mightily Murdered Power Ringers # 1
- "Mighty Methane Power Ranges. No, you're not high right now. This is really happening."
- Linkara going nuts after "Guy In Plastic Tube" trying to cover up Awful-9 saying that the Scarlet, Black and Golden/Yellow Ringers were torn to pieces by saying that the missing Ringers went to a peace conference.
: I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT BOBBLE HEAD SAID THAT!
, after one hell of a Death Glare
: TIME FOR BACKSTORY!
- After the comic becomes sentient:
- When Linkara was pointing out that the Megazord parody has a diaper that say "Mighty Morphin' Huggies", he points out since in-universe the team is called the Power Ringers like the title and that the diaper should say "Mightily Murdered Huggies" instead. In mid-sentence, it cuts back to Linkara.
- "Because poor literacy is... completely expected in this
- His increasingly silly names for the villan, Lord ZZZZZ, such as Lord Razzmatazz, Lord Zazzle, Lord Pazuzu, and the culminaion, Lord Zelarackanickanackafivecrackashishkoombah.
- "Congrats, comic, you've opened my eyes! Can I close them so I can't keep reading?"
- After reading "Watch out! I've got a monkey on my back", he says that no matter if it's a drug reference, "that is the best Battle Cry ever!"
Kamandi at Earth's End # 1
- Linkara's attempt at burning the real Superman at Earth's End comic.
Linkara And so, I will give you the burning you so rightly deserve. (Uses the torch on the book only for it to not catch aflame.) At least I would if this thing weren't made of some kind of indestructible material.
Linkara I have returned. And placed a newspaper inside the comic! It will burn now. [pause] Hopefully.
[Torch: does not ignite]
Text added later: Footage sped up 4x in order to get to the part where burning occurs.
- "Our duty is to find the cause of the second apocalypse." "Our only clue is this: DC relaunch coming September 2011"
- 90's Kid's cameos.
Linkara: It's a post-apocalyptic story about a future caveman! What moron said "let's give him a leather jacket and guns"?
90's Kid: (cue Nirvana) Duuuuuuuuude!
Linkara: Was there anybody out there sending in letters demanding a story where Kamandi fights in a cyberpunk apocalypse with huge, ridiculous guns?
90's Kid: Dude!
- "I've been training my whole life for this! I even learned to punch real hard while shouting that I'm a man!"
- His conclusion about Kamadi's version of Canada. May count as Crowning Moment of Awesome for Canadian viewers.
Kamani: Mother says Canada is a night zone now!
: Canada would later be renamed "Casino" and thus "Casino Night Zone" in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Linkara: Ah, yes, the Amero-Canadian War. I'm still not on speaking terms with Phelous.
Linkara: Shut up, Phelous.
US- 1 # 2
The Twilight Zone # 9
Superman and the TRS- 80 Wiz Kids
Street Fighter # 1 (Malibu Comics)
- He uses a Sylvester Stallone voice for Sagat... and keeps using it even after Sagat insults boxing.
- When Ken (who is filming an advertisement) uses the move "Dragon Punch!":
: Enjoy "Dragon Punch" energy drink! (shows picture of an energy drink called "Street Fighter Dragon Punch") [Beat
] Yes, this thing exists
- Reading all of Ken's lines as a douchey, arrogant celebrity.
- "Now, you are like this tree: Infested with wood ticks!"
Silent Hill: Paint It Black
- When summing up the rest of the Silent Hill comics, he uses the phrase "or something" a lot, then finishes up "That's actually a good alternate title for these stories: Or Something: The Comics."
- He spends much of the review spouting Angrish about how nothing about the story makes sense.
- When a minor character by the name of Joe shows up near the beginning and calls out Ike on his laziness and douchebaggery, Linkara doesn't even bother changing his voice for him. He just reads Joe's dialogue in his actual voice, most likely because it's exactly what he wants to say to the guy.
- His affection for Joe in general is just hilarious. "I miss Joe!"
- Linkara using his usual "This comic sucks" catchphrase but dragging out the "sucks" part to show how bad it is.
- Linkara emphasizing the "w" when saying this bit of dialogue:
Cheryl: Asses and elbows, ladies! Move it! Work it! NOWWWWWWW!
- Meta Example. In Silent Hill: Paint It Black, we see in the stinger that Spoony for eaten/deleted by the entity. THE SAME DAY later, Spoony himself posted a quick VLOG about him getting a puppy.
- Cheryl explaining her reason of betrayal to Ike. Mentioning how her father had to do the same thing with some fellow soldiers and a cave. This is the first time she's even mentioned her past in the comic. So Linkara's reaction is thus...
Linkara: What "cave"?! What are you talking about?!
Silent Hill: Among the Damned
- For some reason, Dahlia's light southern accent is absolutely hilarious, especially when she's saying things like 'worship me.'
- "...So you're saying you don't want the coupon?"
- "Now let's talk about Amway! *cocks gun*
- "It's not pink, it's lightish red."
- "I am Goofia, Queen of the Headtwigs!"
Radio DJ: I've had a lot of people ask if I think there's some deeper meaning in that song other than 'yeah, duh, I'm depressed, haven't you been listening?"
Warrior # 4
- This line
Insano: Anymore questions?
Linkara: Why aren't you wearing any pants!?
Insano: That's not important right now.
- After not-caring the hypertime-destroying Destrucity away, Linkara, Spoony, and Dr. Insano become Gray Lanterns (Who have the ability of not giving a shit about anything.) Dr. Insano suggests maybe watching TNA Impact, and Linkara and Spoony, who before had been taking everything with indifference, both insistently decline and walk out of the room
- Also, from the out-take, Spoony's doing his Black Lantern Spoony routine when Oreo climbs onto his lap. Spoony looks down, and without changing the effect done to his voice, says "Hi doggie."
- Iron Sheik Spoony.
- This little exchange:
Right. I suppose you're all wondering why I'm here. Linkara: Every day of my life
. Dr. Insano
: You know, you're a very negative person and I don't like you. Spoony:
You stole $40 out of my wallet and left a dead blitzball player
in my bathtub. Dr. Insano
: Ah! But he's still there, isn't he? Spoony:
He's dead! Dr. Insano
: Yes, but now he's dead and not moving
. You're welcome!
- The Birdemic parody, complete with obviously animated birds.
- Black Lantern Spoony's cameo when the Ultimate Warrior rips out a guy's heart: "He dare to steal my gimmick? This comic offends me."
- Followed by an appearance from Black Lantern 90s Kid.
- As Dr. Insano says they must use Spoony's "completely sad and lame knowledge of pro-wrestling" and Linkara's "funny book crap" to save the multiverse, he points to the opposite critic of each description.
- Linkara mocking Warrior's random Bold Inflation:
Linkara: (reading as Warrior) Warrior, YOU GOTTA BE capable and stay COOL-HEADED... What, if anything, have I overlooked?
- ...followed by an appearance by Benzaie, wearing Beary's head:
Benzaie: A colorist?
- Spoony's rebuttal of Warrior's philosophical crap about the view from windows by saying that his own window looks out at a wall, complete with a photo.
- Angry Joe and Jew Wario's pained reactions to a bad use of Added Alliterative Appeal.
Angry Joe: Did the Warrior just find the thesaurus function in Microsoft Word?
JewWario: I'd make my own alliterate joke, but the Warrior just killed alliteration for all time!
- Doctor Insuedeo
- Linkara in Green Ranger suit, all silent and backhanding Spoony on Cool Shades when he rambles a bit too much. All while not talking. And when Spoony says "Thanks, I needed that", he gives a thumbs up.
- The reality where Spoony and Linkara are effeminate attention seekers with German accents. Turned into a great Brick Joke.
Silent Hill: The Grinning Man
Spider-Man: Planet of the Symbiotes
Pokémon: The Electric Tale of Pikachu
- The ending, where everyone who was captured by the Entity (even those not seen being captured) comes back and lampshades the fact that they were posting videos despite being missing.
Suede: Whoa-ho-ho! What was that? That was different. Ah, dang it, was this whole thing just a Pokémon reference? I love Pokémon, I would've loved doing a cameo. Oh well, I guess there's nothing for it. *He pulls out a Gameboy.* Now where we? Yes, old man, tell me your secrets... and then it's off to Cinnabar.
- Everyone checking to see if 90's Kid is ok and cleared of The Entity possessing him. After asking what happened, he then realizes to his horror his collector's editions of "Bloodgun" are all gone.
Ninja Style Dancer: (holds up a sign) Oh joy, he's back to normal.
- Playing "Sexy Back" every time Gary Oak makes an appearance.
Linkara: Gary Oak: Rock star of the Pokemon universe.
- Linkara expressing his 10-year-old self's anger when his Missingno experience popped up with a Kabutops skeleton instead of the distorted pixel block we all know Missingno as.
- Harvey's reaction to returning to existence right next to Boffo, who was only introduced after Harvey disappeared.
- His exasperated deconstruction of the Pokémon formula from schools exempting Pokémon trainers to having to take half day course to be liscensed trainers.
- When Ash hears Pikachu from outside, the word bubble has Pikachu make a noise from the wall
- Kind of funny when you realize the Fridge Brilliance: Missingno used Self Destruct.
- One of the first lines of the actual review:
Linkara: I'm recording this right now despite that it's very, very, very unlikely anyone will see this, seeing as I'm the only human still alive.
- The deadpan way he says it is really funny as well as being creepy...somehow.
- Linkara's concise and deadpan explanation of what Missingno is, how it has somehow become a Eldritch Abomination and how it is currently standing outside his door, followed by Missingno's laugh.
Linkara: Yeah, it's been a bit of a day...
- Just cutting from the title card to Linkara wearing Ash's hat and fingerless gloves is worth a laugh.
- "Ghosts exist! And they have special attacks! And they smile!"
- This line:
Linkara: Hmm, trying to grab a creature that can shoot out electricity and lightning bolts. I can't see anything going wrong with this plan... *cut to Ash getting electrocuted* Ash Ketchum - that kid who'd always poke at a Hornet's Nest.
- "OH LOOK, TRICORDER!"
- To elaborate, in the Updated Re-release of the review, the new stinger shows the Magic Gun back safe and sound, with Pollo asking why Linkara didn't get infinite copies of the gun. Linkara answers that the Magic Gun wasn't in his 6th item slot when he encountered Missingno, and instead got so many tricorders that he was pulling them out of every crevice of his jacket.
- The Entity/Missingno is absolutely terrifying. This makes it all the funnier when Linkara manages to get a Flat "What." out of it.
- Describing one panel as "Pikachu suddenly becoming the Nyan Cat".
Return of Atop the Fourth Wall LIVE
- The comic features several panels where Linkara is just able to sit back and let the audience's confused/horrified reactions speak for themselves. Probably the best comes from the Hulk's abrupt appearance, where he actually turns to look at the panel as confirmation that it exists while the audience freaks out for fifteen seconds.
- Particularly when he gets cut off by the audience lauging, such as after being introduced to Japanese Kingpinnote .
- Every time the audience simply goes "WHAT?!"
- Mocking Japanese Uncle Ben's Ice Cream Koans. "When you stop at the red light, you truly are going."
- This one guy yelling in the audience at the beginning of that always makes me laugh:
- Heck, Random Audience Guy himself gets two more:
- Upon the appearance of Manga-Hulk: "SENSE, THIS COMIC MAKES NONE!"
- When Manga-Venom reveals Japanese Uncle Ben is his father, he helps continue Linkara's Luke, I Am Your Father joke.
- When he sees Japanese Peter Parker doing a Skyward Scream:
- Then immediately cuts to Peter screaming in the middle of class.
But since started screaming in the last page, in this one his just going "EEEEEEEEEIIIII!!!", like he's mourning the Fonz
- Describing the comic's artist and writer:
- Saying that the look of Japanese Uncle Ben makes him think of Rei Hino's grandfather, and how she's probably in the back, practicing her fire chant while Japanese Uncle Ben is being killed by Japanese Venom.
Linkara!Japanese Uncle Ben: Oh god, he's breaking my neck!
Linkara!Rei: (falsetto) Busy, grandfather! Ichi, ni, san... (makes hand gestures)
- "I'm just a meme to you people, aren't I?"
- "NOW YOU'RE A MAN, A SPIDER, SPIDER MAN!"
- Linkara singing a snippet of "How Could This Happen To Me?"
- "[Spider-Man] also has three blades attached to his palm. Say, what's the sound of one hand clapping in Mangaverse Spider-Man? "OH, DEAR GOD, I STABBED MYSELF!""
All-Star Comics # 8
The Fantastic Four # 1
All-American Comics # 16
- In the comic, a bridge collapses.
Linkara: (deadpan) This is your tax dollars at work, people.
- "Wait a second...I'm green, I can fly...I'm Peter Pan!"
- "Gotta love that 1940's casual racism!"
- Linkara gets tired of people in the comic describing the lamp as "queer".
"One, stop using that word..."
- The comic mentions an "ageless, toneless voice" penetrating into the subconscious. Cue Linkara reacting to an Ear Worm pop song.
- The pop song in question? It's "#1 House Rule" by Nightcat.
- The sketch spelling out just how suspicious Alan Scott would look to the police after the Shocking Swerve of the villain dying of a heart attack.
- "Don't hurt me! I'll be your pal!"
- "Aw, who's a cute little cybermat, yes you are.
- "Bein' Green" playing over the credits.
- Linksano's dreams of ruling the world go crashing down thanks to Linkara pointing out that ruling the world isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- "That's right, Jimmy, I'm going to make you into a pen!"
Captain America Comics # 1
- I AM AMERICA! *punches Hitler*
- "And there he was, Adolf Hitler with his ridiculous moustache..."
- Captain America: NEGATIVE HITLER.
- "As the ruthless war-mongers of Europe focus their eyes on peace-loving America..."
- "Does Captain America have to choke a bitch?"
- "You sure did read Rommel's book, sir! You read the hell out of it!"
- "Oh please, Film Brain already solved the riddle: Charles Dickens is an immortal hobo."
- He ends the episode by playing the hilarious USO scene from Captain America: The First Avenger over the credits.
Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan # 1
Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan # 2
- The fast-talking infomercial for the Genesis Device.
- "How much would you pay for a genesis like this? $499? $599? Wrong! This genesis can be yours for just $59.95, plus shipping and handling!"
- 'IN SPACE!, no one can hear you deet deet deet.'
- "Khan...don't...walk over my lines."
- Linkara's utterly crazed reaction to the comic in question relegating the legendary: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! scream to a single panel and to a mere simple shout.
- His impressions of the comic's wonky face illustrations.
Linkara: I don't know which emotion I'm conveying, but I'm conveying it as hard as I can!
- "I did nothing... Except, of course, kick ass, because that's what I do. I'm James T Kirk. The 'T' stands for 'totally kicked your ass'."
- After Kirk says "like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target!":
Linkara/Khan: Hey, cut me some slack! I've been out of practice for 15 years! The fact I'm killing anything at all is impressive!
- "Uncle Khan is coming to murder you!"
Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan # 3
- Linkara's particularly flimsy excuse for why he's continuing the review in the middle of a storyline event, as well as Nimue's deadpan, "Why?".
- Two during the scene where Spock prepares to stop the radiation leak: "I'm sorry Doctor, but since it's likely I won't survive, I need to pose you in a humorous fashion at least once before the end", and "Remember that you owe me ten bucks, and I expect it back when I get out."
- "Kirk's best friend gets up and moves over to him and OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, ZOMBIE SPOCK!" Particularly because the scene had been unusually well done until that art showed up.
- Also, the title card. Linkara's expression is priceless.
- Spock: "Ship...out of danger?"
- "Because nothing says 'we love you and respect you as a colleague' by shoving them into something meant to blow up." And - as wrong as it sounds - Linkara's addition to Kirk's eulogy- "Afterwards, there will be cake and punch served on the bridge."
- Linkara countering Kirk's comment about facing death by mentioning other people who literally beat death.
- The nod to the comic miniseries "Infestation", which involves Star Trek, Transformers, and other series fighting zombies.
- "NO one understands me, Teddy Kahn!"
Top 15 Personal Favorite Jokes