Characters: OgreBattle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
The characters of OgreBattle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber.
Magnus GallantProtagonist of Person of Lordly Caliber. The son of the former general of the Palatian army, Magnus enters the military academy to get away from his father. He is the childhood friend of Prince Yumil, whom his father was assigned to guard. On his request, he is sent to the Southern region upon graduation. There he serves under General Godeslas and witnesses the start of the Palatian revolution. Regardless of the choices made, he defects to the revolutionary army, where he goes from untrusted rookie to flagbearer of the movement in two years.Tropes associated with Magnus:
- Calling the Old Man Out: Does this to his father, Ankiseth.
- Magic Knight: After his class change.
- The Hero
- Visible Silence: Though he just as often doesn't know when to shut up.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Diomedes Rangue/DioA southerner assigned to the same training group as Magnus. When the latter is assigned command in the first training mission, he grows jealous and challenges him to a fight. Depending on Magnus' answer to his challenge, and the answer to a later question, Dio may leave the party. Otherwise, he stays with Magnus, following him when the latter defects, eventually becoming a trusted friend.Tropes associated with Dio:
- Bad Ass
- Chekhov's Gunman: If he leaves your party. He's assumed dead. He randomly shows up in a cutscene after a mission later on, unseen by the characters. He kills Rhade and takes his place as knight of the Central Division.
- Expy: Of Vyce from Tactics Ogre. Very similar appearance, with the same final class - which no other characters have access to.
- Face-Heel Turn: If he leaves your party.
- Fantastic Racism: the target of it due to his southern origin.
- Magic Knight: Only after his class change, and still less so than most afterwards.
- The Rival
Leia SilvisThe daughter of Count Silvis, lord of Argent. Leia joins the military against her father's wishes in order to prove her own worth. She is sent the southern region, and is assigned to Magnus' battalion when it is officially formed.Tropes associated with Leia:
- Action Girl
- Blade on a Stick: Wields a spear.
- Blow You Away: Uses wind element spells.
- Lady of War
- Magic Knight
- The Chick: Surprisingly averted. Yes Leia is a woman, but she displays none of the trope. She's a soldier, who just happens to be a woman.
Hugo MillerAn adviser for the southern division. He is assigned to train both Magnus and Dio, and stays with the battalion afterwards. Follows Magnus to the revolutionary army.Tropes associated with Hugo:
- The Obi-Wan
- Retired Badass: Was said to serve with Magnus' father years ago, before retiring to become a tactician.
- Mr. Exposition
Troi TytonA young(er) kid impressed by Magnus' battalion. Always wanted to join the army and does it if Magnus accepts him.
- Cheerful Child
- Momma's Boy: Part of the reason he joins Magnus, to grow out of it.
- Stone Wall: Starts as a Phalanx. If you go see his mother, she gives him a shield that boosts his already impressive defenses and makes him immune to several magic effects.
- Tagalong Kid
Ankiseth GallantMagnus' father, and the bodyguard and later commander of Yumil's forces. Accused of having once murdered a noble, he is called Ankiseth the Murderer by his detractors.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Inverted, as Ankiseth will spend most of Chapter 2 calling his son out on joining the rebellion. Played straight at the end, where Magnus calls him out on never fighting the accusations of being a murderer.
- Cool Old Guy
- Magic Knight
- Mighty Glacier
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Him and Magnus have a difficult relationship to say the least. And Akiseth is a man of few compliments.
Liedel KleinA former member of one of the central division's branches. Her comrades were butchered by Ogres and as the sole survivor she blames Magnus for it, as she was told the rebels unleashed the ogres. It was general Godesleas. Will join the rebellion if you defeat her and have a high Chaos Frame.
Sheen CocteauA Hawkman that left Lodis due to its strict laws. He joins you in the hopes of meeting women.Tropes associated with Sheen:
- An Axe to Grind / Drop the Hammer
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Older Than They Look: Hawkmen live much longer than humans. The Hugo report lists him as being in his eighties. He looks about thirty.
- Winged Humanoid
Biske La VaretA werewolf, imprisoned by Magnus' father years ago. Released on the condition that he face and kill Magnus. If you have a low Chaos Frame, he may join you after the battle.
- Blood Knight
- Cool Sword: The Evil Blade, which he wields when in human form.
- Ship Tease: With Liedel.
- Wolf Man
Europea RhedaKnight of the Eastern Division and follower of the Eastern Orthodox Church.Tropes associated with Europea:
- Action Girl
- Lady of War
- Mythology Gag: Her appearance is nearly identical to that of the female protagonist in March of the Black Queen, though her backstory is different.
- The Stoic
Carth ForleizenA former knight of Lodis. He leaves when his order no longer follows the ideals set forth by Lodis' God.Tropes associated with Carth:
Paul LukischeA boy from a secluded mountain town. He is shunned by society because he accidentally turned his best friend to stone.Tropes associated with Paul:
- Blessed with Suck
- Improbable Weapon User: Dolls.
- Improvised Golems: As an Enchanter, he can magically animate dolls to attack his enemies.
- It's All My Fault
- Taken for Granite: Accidentally does this to his friend.
Eurynome RhadeKnight of the Central region. Meets Magnus when the latter rescues him, Jeal and Prince Yumil from the rebels. He instructs Magnus to slaughter the remainder of the rebels in the area. Rhade's continued behavior is a big motivator in Magnus' defection.Tropes associated with Rhade:
- Cluster F-Bomb: With every word but the "f".
- Fantastic Racism: To anyone not part of the nobility.
- Jerkass: Dear god is he ever. Even Richard and Baldwin come off as benign compared to him.
- Kick the Dog
- It's All About Me: Never outright stated given that he doesn't have a lot of screen time, but he never shows any regard for anything but himself.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After saving his life, he berates you for not being faster.
- You Rebel Scum!: Chews out the rebels saying they should just accept their lives as they are and that the upper-class deserves to live better off regardless of abuse of power.
Yumil DulmareThe Prince of Palatinus and childhood friend of Magnus.Tropes associated with Yumil:
- A God Am I: Actually the reincarnation of Danika, the daughter of Berthe, the Goddess of Earth.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Would qualify as the Big Bad if not for the fact that he gets killed shortly after becoming a villain.
- Face-Heel Turn
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: Played with. He has a feeling he knew Mari, his lover, in his youth. He didn't. Mari's father is Rashidi, who specifically manipulated the entire situation so that the two would meet.
- Royal Rapier
- Save the Princess: Inverted, since Yumil is male.
- The Unfavorite: Hated by his father, since his mother died in childbirth. Due to his odd hair and eye color, his father suspects he's not really his son anyway.
Baldwin GlendaleMember of the Lodis empire's Caliginous Order. He manipulates events from behind scenes before entering the main story alongside the other Order members in Chapter 3.Tropes associated with Baldwin:
- Cain and Abel: Has a strained relationship with his older brother Richard. He tries to earn his approval while Richard treats him like dirt, but secretly care about him. Eventually Baldwin has enough and kills him right before Danika's revival, hoping to take whatever power he can from her for himself.
- Disc One Final Boss: And then he comes back. Twice. And he's still not dead after the third battle.
- Manipulative Bastard
- The Dragon: to Richard
Richard GlendaleBaldwin's older brother and the "Death Templar" of the Caliginos Order.Tropes associated with Richard:
- Aloof Big Brother: He's shown to care about Baldwin, but never shows it around him and is extremely cold towards him in hopes of pushing him to work harder. This treatment eventually leads to Baldwin killing him, and Richard is actually proud of him for it.
- Badass: His initial introduction features him ordering around the King of Palatinus.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Is the de-facto ruler of Palatinus and would have served as the game's Big Bad if not for the fact that that Yumil's brother Amrius starts gaining more power from the Netherworld than him, and then gets usurped as a threat by Yumil before making a last ditch effort to make a deal with Danika.
- Red Baron: "The Dragonheart"
- Meaningful Name: When fought, his unit consists of himself and two third-tier dragons.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.