Characters: Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
The characters of Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Protagonist of Knight of Lodis
. A young knight from the Felis region of Lodis, assigned to the Order of the Sacred Flame. He leaves Lodis with his friend and commander, Rictor Lasanti, for the island of Ovis.
Tropes associated with Alphonse:
A young, orphaned girl living at a church on Solea beach. She finds Alphonse washed up on the shore and saves his life. Alphonse later returns to her to gain information on mermaids. He would later save her life from northern troops, who likewise had come for information on the mermaids. She accompanies him from then on, and the two become lovers.
Tropes associated with Eleanor:
- Blessed with Suck: Her pearl necklace, which has the power to protect her. Unfortunately, it's rather overzealous about it and it's power kills a bully, which ends with her being driven out of her hometown. She ends up at the Solea church.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Appears to be completely unimportant, until a one-off line of her's about a mermaid becomes the main plot point.
- Doomed by Canon.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Does this in the canon A Path for Alphonse. To his horror.
- Kid Hero: Her age isn't stated, but she's clearly younger than Alphonse.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Views Alphonse as this.
- Magikarp Power: Star Tiara.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Her pearl necklace.
- Rescue Romance: Interesting case. She initially saves Alphonse after finding him washed up on a beach. He later saves her from being kidnapped.
A former knight of Ranaculus and the niece of Lord Naris.
Tropes associated with Ivanna:
A agent of the Hand of Pope, an organization that wishes to return political power to the pope of Lodis. She saves Alphonse's life at Formido, and contracts his services for her cause after that. After his debt is repaied, he chooses to continue serving the Hand.
Tropes associated with Cybil:
A ninja and the right-hand man of Cybil.
The son of the Duke of Felis and a friend of Alphonse's. He is sent to Ovis under the guise of solving it's political turmoil, when in reality it is a power play by his father.
Tropes associated with Rictor:
An archer sent with Rictor to Ovis. Acts an adviser and mentor to both Rictor and Alphonse.
Tropes associated with Orson:
The self-proclaimed strongest mermaid on Ovis. Harbors a grudge against humans for events in the past history of Ovis.
Tropes associated with Aerial:
- Blade on a Stick
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Fantastic Racism: towards humans, initially.
- Our Mermaids Are Different
- Poor Communication Kills: Under the impression that Alphonse injured another mermaid named Minerva, she attacks you. She never gives Alphonse the chance to explain himself, as he had actually saved said mermaid from an attack by Rictor's forces. Due to this, up to seven of her comrades end up dead.
- However; this is different in the "B" path where the previous map has Minerva as the boss and can either be killed or reduced to a low health level and escape. So maybe she has a point for assuming you're dangerous. (Granted, Minerva was the one who attacked you, but she's not telling that.)
A necromancer obsessed with reviving his dead wife. He successfully calls her spirit back, which possessed their daughter. He exiles himself to an abandoned fort, and will join your party if you defeat him.
Elrik's daughter. She attacks you at Blete while under the possession of her mother's soul
. Defeating her will put the spirit the rest, and she'll join you out of gratitude.
Glycinia and Lubina
Twin fairies. The latter runs away, and the former spends her time trying to find her, before being assaulted by enemies.
A lesser minion of the netherworld. He comes to the human world in order to find strong opponents to fight. Upon his defeat, he offers his services to Alphonse so he can find more strong opponents to fight. However, he will not join the party if Lobelia is in it.
An angel knight sent by God to assist Alphonse in his mission against Shaher. Will not join the party if Saia is in it.
Lord of Ranaculus, the northern region of Ovis. Allies himself with Rictor while plotting against him.
Tropes associated with Naris:
Naris' former right-hand man and esquire of Ranaculus.
Tropes associated with Nichart:
Cirvante and Lethe
Naris' advisers, who are secretly agents of Shaher
An angel fallen from grace, sealed by God in a sheet of ice in the northwest area of Ovis. Seeks revenge on God. He fell when he started a revolution in the legendary Ogre Battle in an attempt to draw God's attention.
Tropes associated with Shaher: