There are nine recurrent characters in LazyTown
, all but three of them played by puppets.
- Adorkable: While Sportacus is conventionally attractive, well-muscled and very fitness-oriented, many fans consider him adorkable due to his constant optimism, boyish over-excitement, hopeless naiveté and awkward English. His baby-blue eyes and cheesy grin only help the matter.
- Ambiguously Human: He is faster and more agile than any of the human characters and can pull off stunts that most people could only dream of. He also keeps his ears conspicuously hidden under his hat at all times.
- Badass Mustache
- Blithe Spirit
- The Cast Showoff: Sportacus showcases Scheving's amazing stunts and talent as a gymnast, to the point where the character won't simply walk anywhere - instead he'll flip, somersault, walk on his hands, cartwheel, etc. just to get to wherever he needs to be. Granted, the show was created by Scheving himself, but still...
- Catchphrase: "Someone's in trouble!"
- Chest Insignia: Sportacus' "10".
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Invincible Hero
- Kryptonite Factor: Sportacus' is sugar; eating any sugary food renders him immediately comatose, and fresh fruit (which contain quite a bit of sugar.) or vegetables (a classification that includes a handful of "sugary" foods, most prominently the sugar beet) are required to restore him.
- Lightning Bruiser: Although since the show is aimed at pre-teens he never actually engages in violence.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Mundane Made Awesome: No matter the task at hand, Sportacus will make sure he does it involving at least a few backflips, twirls, and heroic poses... Even walking down the street.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: With Stephanie.
- Weaksauce Weakness: he is crippled by eating chocolate, but can regain power by eating healthy foods.
- Alliterative Name
- Ambiguously Gay: Despite claiming to hate Sportacus and wanting him to leave the town, Robbie sure spends a lot of time talking about Sportacus, touching Sportacus and jumping into his arms whenever the slightly-above-average hero shows up.
- Anti-Role Model
- Bad Is Good and Good Is Bad
- Big Ol' Eyebrows/Evil Eyebrows
- Brilliant but Lazy: Robbie is the epitome of this trope. He prides himself in being lazy, and even schemes to make the rest of the town as lazy as he is, yet he is easily the most brilliant person in the entire town and is able to create anything out of anything. Ironic, seeing that due to Robbie's constant attempts to make Lazy Town lazy via elaborate traps, machines, and costumes, he becomes one of the most active residents.
- Camp Straight
- Catchphrase: "I meant to do that!"
- The Chew Toy
- Creepy Crossdresser
- Dastardly Whiplash
- Evil Laugh: He is certainly capable of one, heard most clearly in songs like "You Are a Pirate."
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Gray Eyes
- Harmless Villain
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Lantern Jaw of Justice
- Laughably Evil
- Master of Disguise: He's even got a song about it!
- Mr. Fanservice
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Sometimes.
- Silly Walk
- Villainous Cross Dresser: As Miss Roberta.
Mayor Milford Meanswell
Ms. Bessie Busybody