open/close all folders
- The sheer Irony of Robbie's character that, in his pursuit to get to the townspeople to be lazy via elaborate machinations, machines or traps, he becomes one of the most active members.
- In one episode, the machine malfunctions and displays Out of Order signs instead of costumes. Robbie gives an annoyed groan and sigh as he walks to the one working costume, rolling his eyes.
- In both "Crystal Caper" and "Prince Stingy", Sportacus saves Stingy and his car from falling into a manhole... by getting run over himself (pictured). It's on the verge of becoming a meme.
Welcome to LazyTown
- This exchange from the first episode:
Trixie: Uh-uh.Robbie Rotten: WOULD YOU LIKE TO?
- What's even funnier is that you can clearly see Stefan Karl struggling not to break character when he says the last line
- After he gets Trixie to smash the window, he mocks Stephanie. "You didn't stand a chance! Now, why don't you sit quietly and do nothing, like a good little girl? Ha-ha-ha-HAAA!". Not so much the line itself, but because his face change expression with nearly every syllable.
- There’s also the fact that a couple seconds later you can hear the sound of a rubber ball breaking a window in the background.
- Just about every single Long List of bad costumes Robbie does when he tries to think of disguises, but a particularly funny one in this episode: He goes through a rhyming list that included a Santa Claus outfit ("Too merry!"), an ape costume ("Too hairy!") and a swamp monster outfit ("Too scary!"). What does he get to next? A fairy princess outfit! ("Too fairy!") The delighted little noise he makes when he gets to it makes it sound as though he would have liked to put that one on!
- After trying to sabotage the kids' clubhouse so he can get some much needed sleep, Robbie winds up stuck in a tree on a falling branch. The kids come back and see him in trouble and offer some suggestions:
Pixel: Just climb down!Robbie: I can't!Stephanie: Then jump down!Robbie: I won't!Trixie: Then fall down!Robbie: I might.
- Sportacus arrives on the scene to help Robbie and he's less than delighted about it.
Robbie: Help me!!Sportacus: Robbie! Jump!Robbie: GO AWAY!Sportacus: ...you just asked me to help you!Robbie: Why are you listening to me?!
- After his rescue, Robbie insisting that he wasn't scared, only for Trixie to snap a twig, causing him to leap into Sportacus's arms. After this he promptly falls asleep, exhausted by the day's events, and Sportacus has to carry him off to the side to snooze.
- From the "Lazy Scouts” song:
Robbie: We'll walk up a mountain, we'll go camping and always play outdoors.Ziggy: Really?Robbie: Gotcha!
- In the "Good Stuff" song, there's a split second at 1:14 where Stephanie has a quick but still noticeable change of expression, as if she spotted something offscreen.
- Maybe she finally noticed Robbie Rotten in plain sight.
- Robbie tricks the villagers by making them believe that an ancient stone reads "LazyTown must always be lazy." Stephanie asks if this means that she's not allowed to dance anymore and he crows with glee "Not even the sailor's jig!"
- Robbie tries to scare the children with a (rather creepy-looking) dinosaur disguise. Once he gets the head on, however, he can barely see out of it, and starts running into and stumbling over various objects in his lair.
Robbie: No wonder dinosaurs are extinct! They keep bumpin' into things!
- When Robbie somehow confuses Ziggy's screaming for Sportacus and chases him round the house getting more aggressively insistent that they just chat.
Robbie: I didn't mean to scare you! I'm sorry! Why don't we sit down and talk about it?!
- In "Zap It!", Sportacus looks curiously at Robbie's periscope. Robbie then looks away, disgusted.
- Pretty much everything involving Robbie and his Robot Dog in "LazyTown's New Superhero"
Robbie: (Baby Talk voice) Are you a good dog? No, you're a bad dog. I'll just flip the switch. One... two... three... trouble!Robot-dog: Bow wow wow, bow wow wow, bow wow wow!!! ...
Robbie: I should've made a sandwich instead of making you!
- "Here's my little doggie dude / And these are all the shoes he chewed... What?!"
- Stingy angrily telling Ziggy he's "terrible at relaxing".
- The entire episode is an absurd cornucopia of spy tropes, but this whole gag is some next level madness. It's so drawn out and there's no reason for this puppet to even exist in the first place— it just there for the gag, until it gains a life of its own... literally.
Fordmil Meansbad: So, Mr. Sportacus, now we meet again... *turns chair around revealing a puppet* ... at last.Sportacus: That not real! That's a puppet!Fordmil Meansbad: What? *gets up and throws away puppet* Yes, it's a puppet!Sportacus: *confused "What am I even seeing?" face*Fordmil Meansbad: But I am real... and so is this lever! *opens trapdoor*
Fordmil Meansbad: So, Mr. Meanswell, now we meet again... *same chair gag* ... at last.Milford Meanswell: That not real! That's a puppet!Fordmil Meansbad: Yes, but I am real... and so is this lever! *trapdoor fails to open*Milford Meanswell: You keep pulling that thing, is something supposed to happen?
- Three seconds later...
Stephanie: So, Mr. Meansbad, we meet again... *turns chair around* ... at last.Fordmil Meansbad: You're not a puppet! Who are you?
Robbie: It seemed like a good plan!Puppet Fordmil: So, Mr. Rotten... *turns fuzzy chair around* we meet again!Robbie: That's a puppet!Puppet Fordmil: *laughs maniacally*Robbie: I'm so sick of puppets! *runs off screen*
- After disaster is narrowly averted, Miss Busybody is standing by the window, fanning herself as she recovers from her shock.
Miss Busybody: My, oh my!Stingy: (runs up) What's wrong with you?Miss Busybody: The mayor was putting up the Christmas lights!Stingy: And then?Miss Busybody: And he got into trouble, and Sportacus saved him!Stingy: Ahh. The usual.Miss Busybody: Yeah.
- Miss Busybody and Stingy talking about gift giving:
Miss Busybody: Well, they do say it is better to give, than to receive!Stingy: (gasps) And you believe that?Miss Busybody: Oh, yes!(Runs off, offended.)Miss Busybody: (calls after him) Stingy! Giving presents makes you feel good!Stingy: Feel good? I feel sick already! Giving presents?! (shudders in disgust)(Stingy looks around frantically at the presents.)Stingy: Mine! Mine! Mine! (spies purple gift box) Ahh, and mine. (hugs purple box) I love you!
- A little while later, Stingy tries shaking the presents by the fireplace to try to guess what they are. He picks up box, and shakes it hard.
(Sound of glass breaking. Stingy gasps and puts box back down gingerly.)Stingy: (To camera.) Uh...maybe I will...go check on Ziggy, heh heh heh. Ah...(Ducks out of sight, then immediately pops back up.)Stingy: I was never here. (ducks back down)
- The "Fun to Be the Mayor" song. Robbie's unflattering imitations of Mayor Meanswell are a riot.
- Robbie spends the entire end of the episode dangling out of a window just outside Mayor Meanswell's office...and somehow, the mayor completely fails to notice him. The visual of the mayor blithely talking to himself as Robbie flails like crazy is hilarious.
Lets Go to the Moon
- This gem.
- Robbie rejects a Cleopatra costume ("Too queenie"), a Big Bad Wolf costume ("Too meanie"), a toga ("Too leanie")...and a duplicate of his usual outfit ("Handsome as always!").
- Robbie Rotten being taught how to eat a banana by Ziggy in "Time To Learn", it's a lot funnier than it sounds.
- After Robbie's scheme is once again foiled, he grumbles, "Why can't you people just be lazy one day?" As he stalks off, the children giggle — except for Stingy, who matter-of-factly states, "Nooo, it's not gonna happen."
- Anything involving Stingy and the Mayor. Here's one example.
- The official LazyTown channel uploaded a video called We Are Number One but it's the original and it's 1 hour long...., making the "We Are Number One but..." meme an Ascended Meme!
- The infamous Lil' Jon remix of Cooking by the Book. WARNING! EXTREMELY NSFW!!!