open/close all folders
- Sportacus' interactions with the kids. Instead of sternly lecturing them on why they should only eat fruits and vegetables like one might expect, Sportacus speaks to the kids at their level and teaches them the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle.
- On top of that, Sportacus never scolds or shames the kids for having less than healthy habits like eating candy or playing video games. Instead he tells them that it's ok to like those things and gives them advice on how to balance them out with healthy practices.
Defeeted Crystal Caper
- The entire ending. When Robbie Rotten gives Sportacus his crystal back, the citizens of LazyTown hold a celebration for him to make one wish. Whilst they are setting up, they can hear Stingy crying for help in the distance. Sportacus notices that his crystal isn't beeping and so goes to help. When Stingy returns, he apologises to Sportacus for keeping something he didn't own, which was his real crystal. Stingy then wishes he will never steal anything again. This can also be a slight Tear Jerker as Stingy has never been this sympathetic.
- Somewhat minor example, but the entirety of the "Anything Can Happen" musical number could count as this for Robbie Rotten. It just brings a smile to your face to see him not only help Sportacus pull Stephanie up when she falls comedically, but also actually joining in the dance with Stephanie and Sportacus. He genuinely looks like he's having fun.
- Robbie (in his pirate costume) is shown having fun singing with the kids during the "You Are A Pirate" musical number.
- Heck, despite his whole convoluted scheme of making a fake "Lazytown Stone" for the kids to find, he's nothing but jolly and playful to them. That is, until he ties them to a tree for questioning if it's the real thing.
- Robbie steals Stephanie's diary with the intention of writing nasty things about Stephanie's friends in there and leaving it somewhere for her friends to find. But as he was flicking through the pages, he noticed all the nice things Stephanie had written about him. He then changed his mind and gave her diary back, intact.
- Robbie Rotten snuck into the kids' houses to steal their presents and sabotage Christmas dinner because he thought he wasn't invited to their Christmas party, only to discover a present under the Christmas tree with his name on it and an extra seat at the dinner table for him. Daaaaw!
The Lazy Genie
- The titular genie accidentally makes Robbie disappear. Sportacus saves the genie's lamp, so he is given one wish. He gives the wish to Stingy, and what does he do? He wishes Robbie back.
- Genie: He's a pain in the neck!Stingy: But he's our pain in the neck!
The Greatest Gift
- Robbie is invited to Ziggy's surprise birthday party. Not only does he come, he's on his best behaviour the entire time, actually gives Ziggy a present he thinks Ziggy will like, and generally tries his best to be a good party guest. This is despite being incredibly nervous and obviously not having the slightest clue how birthday parties are supposed to work.
- The kids and Robbie admit they missed each other when they were apart and Robbie asks if they can do something fun together and Stephanie suggests they sing the "Bing Bang" song. When Robbie asks shyly if he can join in everyone enthusiastically welcomes him and they all perform the song together with Robbie singing and dancing with Sportacus and Stephanie. Not to mention Robbie's imaginary friend throughout the episode.
Meta and Fanworks
- In late 2016, Stefan Karl (Robbie Rotten) was forced to undergo surgery for pancreatic cancer that would not only cost a bit but leave him unable to work for at least a year. He started a GoFundMe campaign for a modest goal of $35,000 US to help him along during this time; as of this writing, it is nearly completely funded, and the social media buzz has sparked renewed interest in Lazytown online, with both old and new fans sharing some of their favorite clips from the show (most of which feature Karl's ham-tastic and hilarious performance).
"Without Stefan there would have been no LazyTown."
- As of November 25, the GoFundMe has well exceeded its original goal, and it's roughly $4,000 away from hitting its new target of $50,000. This feat happened in spite of someone committing donation fraud along the way – to which the organizer responded gently and politely.
- Stefan was so touched by all the support, in fact, he even agreed to perform "We Are Number One" live on Facebook on December 11th, 2016, alongside the three actors who played Bobby, Tobby, and Flobby in "Robbie's Dream Team". Official video here.
- The campaign has now raised over $114,000 - this will allow Stefan all the time he needs to rest, recuperate and recover from his illness and surgery.
- Really, the fact that unlike most shows that become memes, which tend to be based on mocking and sarcasm, the recent Memetic Mutation of this show seems to be of a, "we mock because we love" variety, out of genuine nostalgia and love of the show we grew up with.
- With the news of his cancer reaching Stage 4, a new round of donations got the campaign to $150,000. Magnús Scheving himself asked people to donate, praising Stefan and how much he meant to the show in the process.
- And now, Stefan's stage 4 cancer is in remission!
- Sportacus visiting a kid in a Manchester hospital.