Awesome Music / LazyTown
Even if you aren't a fan of LazyTown, you might have heard some of their songs
- "You are a Pirate" and "Cooking by the Book" are easily the most well-known amongst internet-goers. The former was helped in its popularity thanks to being covered by Alestorm.
- From one of the original plays, Sportacus explains exactly why he (and the rest of the elf race) is awesome. The song would later be repurposed as the show's theme song.
- "We are Number One! HEY!" - Robbie has assembled an entire team of look-alikes and they sing about how great they all are. From the first foreign-sounding catchy notes, the song reels you in. It also shows that the show has still got it when it comes to songs, even after several years of being out of production. It has also become a massive Memetic Mutation as well as just extremely popular on the Internet in general - see the YMMV page for more details. Among the many remixes of the song available on Youtube, "We Are Number One but it's in Japanese ☆彡" is definitely worth noting. Not only is the entire song excellently translated and sang in Japanese, but the video is chock full of hilarious anime gags and references. To top it all off, the person who translated and sang it was Finnish.
- "Woof Woof Woof", Robbie's song about his robot dog, is both catchy and funny. It comes complete with another Robbie's unflattering nicknames for Sportacus, "Sporta-spud," as well as a Dog Walks You moment.
- "Gizmo Guy". Just the fact that the song uses actual technological terms is awesome on its own.
- "The LazyTown Circus" ends surprisingly on a circus-themed remix of Bing Bang, and it's pretty catchy in its own right.
- While The Mine Song was drastically changed from the original play, most people will agree those changes were for the better.
- On the opposite side of the coin, Master of Disguise received little to no changes from its original counterpart aside from lyrical changes, and both versions are equally enjoyable. It just goes to show that villains always get the best songs.
- "Go go! Get it together! No one's lazy in Lazytown!". Simply put, it's Sportacus' theme With Lyrics, and it's awesome.
- Fun To Be the Mayor is quite the underrated song. Unlike most other songs in the show, this one has a slow tempo, and it fits really well.