open/close all folders
Abby Lee Dance Company
Abby Lee Miller
Abby Lee Miller
Owner of the Abby Lee Dance Company studio.
Current Abby Lee Dance Company Moms
As A Whole
Melissa is the mother of Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler. Her girls are favored by Abby, much to the other moms' dismay.
Christi is the mother of Chloe Lukasiak.
The mother of Kendall Vertes.
The mother of Nia Frazier.
The mother of Kalani Hiliker.
Current Abby Lee Dance Company Dancers
As a whole
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: As mentioned in an episode where the girls received NO awards for their 'barely-there' costumes.
- Arguably the outfits the girls wear to practice in as well - most of the time, they wear crop-tops and booty shorts. In the spin-off series, the girl who wears the shortest top is the oldest girl, Jessie, even though she's technically the only one of the group (except maybe Sammi) who actually needs to wear a shirt.
- The infamous "topless showgirls" dance. The costumes were picked out to give the effect that they were naked. Unsurprisingly, the episode is unavailable online and has never been rebroadcast.
- Bare Your Midriff: Most of their costumes and when they practice.
- Brainy Brunettes: The brunettes of the group are all intelligent with their schoolwork and dancing
- Deadpan Snarker: They have their moments.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted. They all get good grades and quite talented dancers.
- Heroic BSOD: Whenever a girl forgets her solo.
- Nice Girls: They're all are friends to each other.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: They are focused dancers, while their moms are bickering.
Maddie is the eldest daughter of Melissa and the older sister of Mackenzie.
- The Ace: Definitely, much to the other moms' jealousy. If anyone out of the ALDC team could be considered the most popular, it's her.
- The B Grade: A variation. She gets upset if she doesn't win first place, but she's still courteous to whoever does win.
- Brainy Brunette
- Cool Big Sis: To Mackenzie. She's often seen helping Mackenzie with her hair and makeup in the dressing room.
- Despair Event Horizon: In "Abbygeddon" when she forgot her dance mid-performance and ended up breaking down in tears.
- Homeschooled Kids: As of Season 4 she and Mackenzie are being homeschooled.
- Humble Hero: She's rarely not at the top of the pyramid, she's won crowns and trophies alike, but she consists of staying modest and not letting her success get to her head.
- Teacher Favoritism: No matter how much Abby tries to deny it. She is The Ace, after all.
- The Rival: Her rivalry with Chloe is a major subplot.
Mackenzie is the youngest daughter of Melissa and the younger sister of Maddie.
- Character Development: Of all dancers, Mackenzie seems to have matured the most. And considering she's the youngest of the bunch, that's saying something.
- Cheerful Child
- Child Popstar: She released an album during season four. Critical reception was favorable, but much like Brooke, her use of autotune was excessive.
- The Cutie
- Homeschooled Kids: As of Season 4 she and Maddie are being homeschooled.
- Ill Girl: Mackenzie apparently has extra bones in one of her feet, making it painful for her to dance, though how painful it is seems to be up for debate.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- The Rival: To Asia.
The daughter of Christi.
The daughter of Jill.
- Butt Monkey: Even though she is talented, but she is especially this in her first few appearances and in season three.
- Sixth Ranger: Deconstructed. As the first new dancer added to the group, she was put on probation until she proved herself. As a result, there was drama between Abby and Jill regarding why she was treated differently than the other girls. So much so that Jill and Kendall temporarily switched to Candy Apples Dance Studio.
The daughter of Holly Frazier.
- Bilingual Bonus: Goes two ways: "purpose" in Swahili, or "champion" in Welsh.
- Black Best Friend: She is friendly and gets along with all the girls.
- Ill Girl: She might be an example, as she has a medical condition affecting the bones in her feet. In the Mother's Day special, it was revealed that she was actually in the hospital for some time over the summer, and was in a wheelchair for a while afterward.
- Out of Focus: In seasons 2 and 3, apart from the Rosa Park tribute and her duet with Paige. So much so that Abby that called attention to it.
- Token Black
The daughter of Kira.
- All There in the Manual: If you didn't watch Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition you probably won't know who she is or what her relationship is to Abby when she shows up.
- Canon Immigrant: From Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
- Cool Big Sis: She's the oldest of girls on the team and is very encouraging towards them.
- Homeschooled Kids: She homeschools so she can spend more time taking classes and traveling for dance.
- Sixth Ranger: She shows up in season 4 and becomes a permanent member of the team.
- Teacher Favoritism: She was Abby's favorite when she competed on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.
Former Abby Lee Dance Company Moms and Dancers
The mother of Brooke and Paige Hyland.
- Child Popstar: During summer 2012 she released her hit debut single, "Summer Love Song". A year later, she releases an entire album. Mixed opinions have been tossed around concerning Brooke's music career, with a large amount of criticism given to Brooke's heavy Autotune use.
- Cool Big Sis: To all the girls, and her sister, Paige. She is the oldest one on the team, after all.
- Ordinary High-School Student: More recently she's been trying trying to be this.
- Rubber Girl: To an extent. She specializes in acrobatic dance.
The mother of Asia Ray.
The mother of Sophia Lucia.
- Dropped a Bridge On Her: Jackie and Sophia left the team and went back to LA to prevent any mama drama with her daughter, who had become The Ace at the time. However, if you look at Sophia's accomplishments, it's not that much of a step down.
Asia Monet Ray
The daughter of Kristi.
The daughter of Jackie Lucia
Abby Lee Miller Dance Studio Others
The daughter of Leslie. Payton sometimes dances with the company featured on the show but has never been an official member.
The mother of Payton Ackerman
Dance Moms: Miami
Candy Apple's Dance Center
Owner of the Candy Apple's studio, former member of the ALDC team.