Trivia: Dance Moms
- Colbert Bump: Maddie Ziegler's appearances in the music videos of Sia's "Chandelier", "Elastic Heart", and "Big Girls Cry" dramatically increased both her and the show's popularity, with "Chandelier" being the most definitive and prominent example.
- Deleted Scene: The show is notoriously full of scenes you don't get to see.
- The dances shown in each episode are usually shortened versions, with complete versions sometimes posted on Lifetime's website.
- Dye Hard: Jill's hair color interchanges during seasons. She was a brunette during season 1, became a blonde in season 2, somehow went back to a brunette during seasons 2 and 3, and as of season 4 is red-haired.
- Executive Meddling: Apparently the show producers have tinkered with aspects of the show so as to create more drama; for example, according to Barbara Schrade, Kendall and Jill only abandoned the ALDC for the Candy Apples as a ploy by the producers.
- Fan Nickname: Abby has called Cathy's team a variety of names including the "Rotten Apples" and the "Crab Apples".
- Cathy is sometimes referred to as "the wicked witch of the West".
- No Export for You: Subverted; the show actually got a British counterpart called Dance Mums. It premiered in October 2014 and is based around a Liverpool-based dance studio. Abby actually starred in a special Cross Over episode of the show.
- Twitter: All of the dancers, their moms, and Abby have Twitters.