It's a reality show based around dance. There's bound to be some shining moments.
- "Where Have All the Children Gone?", considered by Abby to be her best.
- "This Is My Beauty", which won the Season 1 Nationals.
- "The Last Text", which won the Season 2 Nationals and was so genuinely creepy that even Cathy praised it.
- "Black Swan", a Maddie-Chloe duet.
- "Angel", one of Maddie's solos done in memory of her late grandma Bopcha.
- "Amber Alert", a great exercise in Adult Fear.
- "Silence", a Chloe solo that beat a Maddie solo for a Junior Miss Energy title.
- "New Day", a cancer-based number featuring a large conglomerate of dancers from several studios.
- "The Waiting Room". The ending alone is worth the watch, thanks to Maddie's amazing acting.
open/close all folders
- When Abby's having a fight with Minister Dawn Check (that mom who appeared in the series premiere but then got booted before the episode ended), Dawn drops this bomb:
(Abby has just announced that she is kicking Dawn and her daughter Regan off the team since Regan wasn't dressed appropriately for acro class, very much pissing off Dawn since she had paid for class)Abby: Every week, we put the trash out. Go!Dawn: Then take yourself out, cuz you're the biggest piece of trash there is!
Abby: She's not stupid, she just can't read! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
- Seeing Abby at her most ruthless at both Dawn and Regan was pretty damn awesome as well.
- Hell, seeing Abby getting pissed off to the point where with one flick of her wrist she kicks a mom-daughter pair off the team is a CMOA in every right.
- In the very first episode, Chloe's headpiece fell forward over her eyes during a trio, and the trio still won anyway.
- Maddie staying at the top of the pyramid for almost the entire first season.
- After Brooke temporarily leaves the ALDC team to pursue cheerleading, Payton takes her spot. In one scenario during the Pyramid, everyone has been called except for Payton, and the only spot left is the top. Abby then reveals that the person at the top of the Pyramid is Brooke, since she has rejoined the team.
- One time, Mackenzie did her routine so well Abby actually cried. (Doubles as a CMOH for obvious reasons.)
- Despite Maddie's solo not placing and the group dance losing to the Candy Apples in "Abbygeddon", the one win that they took home was—who could've guessed it?—from Chloe's solo.
- In one scenario, Maddie is given the opportunity to re-perform her "In My Heart" solo after she forgot everything during the middle of the dance. While she's performing, the music begins skipping. What does she do? She keeps dancing and doesn't miss a beat. You could see how impressed the judges were.
- The dance then got a standing ovation from the entire audience.
- Nia got a standing ovation for "Werqin' Girl", which is awesome in its own right.
- The girls having a clean sweep at the 2012 Nationals, placing at the top with every single dance. Even better? Chloe's solo beat Maddie's for first place.
- Vivi-Anne does a solo entitled "Honeybee" back in season one. It doesn't place (unsurprisingly). Mackenzie does the same dance (now called "Killer Bee") in season two, and it wins her the Petite Miss Energy 2012 National Title. While Cathy and Vivi-Anne were in the audience, no less.
- When Abby threw a chair at Paige, Kelly came down and yelled "STOP EATING! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE FAT!" during a heated argument she had with Abby.
- It has been said by Brooke that this was embarrassing for her, and could be considered Kelly's Never Live It Down moment.
- The girls placing first with a part improv group dance. And it was dedicated to Broadway Baby, no less.
- A CMOA for Paige; when at-the-time Candy Apples choreographer Anthony Burrell mercilessly bashes her dancing technique, she calls him out on it.
- When a drunken Christi and Leslie started randomly swinging at each other in the middle of a street in New Orleans, a guy quickly rushed in to intervene and withstand Leslie's blows. Gotta give the guy props for acting so quickly to neutralize the brawl.
- In the episode of the last replacement audition and of Paige and Brooke's last day on the team, one of the moms of a cut dancer insists that her daughter's a-la-secondes are ten times better than Paige's (causing Paige to start crying). What does Abby do? Call the girl back up and have her go against Paige. Paige wins, and the girl and mom are sent away in disgrace. Christi says that only Abby is allowed to say bad things about her dancers. Paige and Chloe also had a contemporary duet, and it was pretty awesome. Negated, of course, by the fact that this is the episode where Paige and Brooke are kicked off the team.
- In "Big Trouble in the Big Apple", Kelly attacking Abby is considered by many to be her finally kicking the son of a bitch. (Well, technically pulling on the son of a bitch's hair.) Too bad it resulted in her and her kids getting expelled from the team.
- Later in that season, it seems like Nia is starting to take after her mom even more, by going calmly up against Abby instead of getting upset and crying like many of the other girls do/used to do when Abby starts yelling.
- After three seasons, the show finally got a new intro. Is it better? Hell to the yeah.
- When Kim* bashes the moms, their kids, and the whole city of Pittsburgh, it feels good to see Abby shut her down.
- It also feels pretty good to see Abby completely SNAP at Christy when she's trying to talk to her while she's busy on the phone.
Abby: I'm busy, you're babbling. Shut up.
- How about when Cathy decided to pull her group dance because she knew that it couldn't beat Abby's?
- In one episode, the crowd's cheering so loudly before the girls' group dance that they miss their musical cue and as a result the dance starts on an incredibly rocky note. However, the girls continued with the dance without any errors, and they still won.
- While Mrs. Miller's death was a big Tear Jerker, Abby did state that she "defied all medical textbooks", which is pretty cool in and of itself.
- In the 2014 nationals episode, we see that the Candy Apples are planning to do a routine set to Sia's "Chandelier", pissing off the ALDC team since, y'know, Maddie danced in the song's music video. To twist the knife a bit more, one of the moms from the Apples showed up and decided to start playing "Chandelier" to piss everyone off more. What does Maddie do? She starts dancing to tell that mom that no one can do "Chandelier" like she did.
- Maddie turning down a nationals solo.
- Holly's appearance in the "Playing Favorites" special. Her argument against Abby could easily be an Establishing Character Moment; she shoots Abby down, but starts backing herself up with good reasoning instead of aiming for the jugular. All topped off by the audience applauding her at the end.
- This troper finds Christi's remark to Abby to be a nice callback to another awesome moment in season 1.
Christi: You don't know what goes in my house because you're not invited over, 'cause we don't let trash through the door.
- Christi's parting words to Abby.
Christi: Those five kids in there put your fat name on the map... You were no-one before these kids... You think putting a few kids on Broadway makes you someone? Guess who made you a household name? Them.
- For those who view Jojo as a scrappy, this moment would be an extreme Take That, Scrappy! moment, considering it's Abby yelling at Jojo about she deserves nothing and isn't entitled to anything in this world.
- During Kendall's "Welcome to a New World" Bollywood solo, the music suddenly stops. Not only does she keep going, but the crowd assists in clapping to set a proper tempo for her. Then she places second.
- Lucas telling his mom how he really feels about Cathy.
- When one of Cathy's "Abby rejects" starts ripping on Maddie's "Elastic Heart" video (the episode was presumably filmed back when the video came out), the moms immediately shoot her down and come to Melissa's defense, even polling the audience and getting cheers from those who enjoyed Maddie's video. Even Jessalynn got in on the action, and was in fact one of the frontrunners in defending Melissa.
Kira: Ripping on Maddie for Sia's video? No, each and every one of you would absolutely 110% let your child do that music video. But, oh wait, they didn't get asked, so..you can say whatever you want.
- This is immediately juxtaposed with Abby's group dance taking first.
- Three words: Mackenzie beats Maddie.
- You wanna know how unlikely such an event is? When Maddie placed second, everyone (including Kenzie) thought that Kenzie straight up didn't even place. The looks of shock on Kenzie's, Abby's, and Melissa's faces just say it all.
- During a dance rehearsal, Abby gets a call from someone with Good News, Bad News. The bad news is that they'll be undergoing a lot of construction...because the good news is that Abby managed to secure her ALDC building in LA. Her triumphant reaction is the page image.
- Straight Outta Pittsburgh for the season 6 team, since everyone was worried they wouldn't win with hip hop without Maddie, and they did.
- Jojo has taken a few levels in badass this season and come a really long way in a short time. She even got into an airtight bubble for the first group number of the season.
- Special mention to her solo, I'll Show You The Dark Side.
- Nia had one day to learn the "Grifters" duet in episode 9, and she and Kendall still won their division.
- Mackenzie went back to Pittsburgh for a competition and beat out 200 people for a scholarship.
- Nia was in the Syncopated Ladies's Formation tap dance video and was fantastic. Clearly Maddie's not the only one who can tap.
- During the Pyramid in Episode 13, after Ashlee says that Brynn has had a better season than Kendall in front of everyone, an argument between her and Jill ensues. Kendall tries defending her mother, only for Ashlee to talk rudely to her again, and she finally snaps, going up to Ashlee and screaming, "WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN?" before leaving.
- Brooke and Mackenzie releasing albums.
- Maddie's in a Sia music video! No, really!
- "I'm Abby, I can do whatever I want." Either makes her look pretty damn cool or look like a complete douche.
- "Here's tall blonde."◊note
- Holly in general is basically made of concentrated awesome. If anyone on the show can put someone in their place, it's her. She's called the "voice of reason" on the show for a reason.
- Maddie and Mackenzie doing the Nae Nae. Need we say more?
- Mackenzie getting verified at the age of 10.
- Ever since leaving the team, Chloe has found new success at another, much more friendly dance studio, continually receives support from her ever-growing fanbase on social media. The whole of this is just a great big proud middle finger to Abby. Chloe's Dark Horse Victory at the Teen Choice Awards over Maddie firmly solidified that.
- Their win at the 2015 KCA's for Favorite Reality Show. Many people were moderately shocked at the win because Wipeout was expected to reign for the fourth year in a row.