If you're looking for the animated series, go here.
This is the kid at school that nobody likes. Not because they're stupid, or annoying, or a bully. But because they suck up to the teacher. They'll bring the teacher the traditional apple every day, they'll always
volunteer to answer any question, and more often then not they'll be The Informant
to the teacher, tattling on the other students whenever they make the smallest infringement of the rules.
Needless to say, most of the other students tend to despise this person, and they're often portrayed as a traitor to the rest of the class. Typical of series that are set in elementary school.
See also: Professional Butt-Kisser
Not to be confused with the 1958 Romantic Comedy
- The Bash Street Kids has Cuthbert Cringeworthy. The only pupil in the class who wears a uniform or gave Teacher any respect whatsoever.
- He also looked like Teacher, a Visual Pun on his status as "pet" and Uncatty Resemblance.
- Cuthbert was introduced after the strip had already been up and running for years. Teacher liked him on sight for no reason he could lay a finger on at the time.
- Zipi y Zape: Peloto (although to what extent depends much on the story).
- Hermione Granger started off as this, but then got Character Development, starting when Harry and Ron saved her life and she lied to get them out of trouble.
- Teacher's Pet by Johanna Hurwitz. Cricket initially resents the new girl, who seems to please the teacher better than she could - until she learns that the new girl is just a genuinely nice person, and that she doesn't have to be a teacher's pet to be special.
- Agnan of French novel series Le Petit Nicolas. And in this setting where the turbulent classmates are the main protagonists, he's portrayed as a Butt Monkey.
- Chichikov from Dead Souls became this when he had a Sadist Teacher who'd give the best grades to, well, teacher's pets and bad grades to smart kids who were even a little bit unruly - or showed too much smartness.
- Annie in Community. For example, instead of putting his binder back, Seņor Chang drops it on the floor and orders Annie to pick it up.
- Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is a more benevolent version. Nomura has described her as an 'Honour student-type', and she follows Master Eraqus' teachings the closest out of the three protagonists, even spying on Terra for him. This does not stop her being very loyal to the other two, however. Mess with them and she will kick your ass.