Character sheet for Cyberchase
. Currently under construction and in need of a better organization scheme.
open/close all folders
Tropes applying to the entire Cybersquad
- Badass Bookworm: This applies to the whole group, but Inez in particular exhibits this.
- Color-Coded Characters: Jackie favors yellow, Inez favors pink or purples, and Matt favors blue or green and our 'boid' friend usually pale purples, darker purples and red.
- Freudian Trio
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Three Earth kids...and Digit.
- The Power of Friendship
- Power Trio
- Putting On My Thinking Cap: Jackie paces, Matt plays with his yo-yo, Inez does headstands. Lampshaded whenever Digit mimics Jackie's pacing.
- The Smart Guy: Inez.
- True Companions
- Summon Everyman Hero
- Token Trio: Inez is Hispanic with a light tan skin color, and Jackie is black. Matt is the only 'typically' white person in the cast, with the rest of the characters being some kind of robot or cyborg.
- Two Girls and a Guy: And, surprisingly, little drama.
An 11-year-old Farm boy sucked into Cyberspace
and recruited to help Motherboard. Carries a very handy red backpack with him at all times, is reasonably athletic, and loves solving mysteries. Also loves Star Wars
, the color green, Redwall
, and Will Smith
- Bag of Holding: He has a useful red backpack that he takes with him everywhere. Seriously, he never takes that thing off!
- Berserk Button: Slider showing him up. Anytime Inez calls him 'Matthew'.
- Farm Boy
- Fiery Redhead: While admittedly Matt doesn't really have much of a temper (unless you're Inez), he is slightly more hot-headed than either of the girls.
- Friendly Enemy: To Slider
- Friend to All Living Things: According to the website, he owns a bearded dragon, an armadillo, two African water frogs, and a dog named Obi Wan Kadoggie, although he doesn't always fit the "nice" part of the description.
- Genius Ditz: While admittedly Matt isn't your traditional ditz, he is a bit less level-headed than his teammates and more likely to make decisions without thinking all the way through. Despite these traits, there is one area where Matt really shines: Greek Mythology. In fact, whenever that's involved, Inez and Jackie just shut up and watch him lecture.
- Hidden Depths: Hates Valentine's Day, but made a card for Jackie and Inez all the same. It doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Idiot Hero: While he's still very bright, Matt has a tendency to make rash decisions and mess around with stuff that might have been in the group's best interest to avoid. One episode showcases this tendency perfectly, with him making a potentially life-threatening jump across a steam-obscured pit without knowing just how large the pit actually is.
- Honor Before Reason
- Red-Headed Hero
- Token White: Take a good look kiddies. This is one of the few times you'll ever see a white male character in one of the lead roles on PBS.
- With Friends Like These...: To Slider and Inez.
Jackie is an 11-year-old girl who enjoys hanging out with her friends, and is possibly the hardest Earthlie to pin down in terms of character traits. She can be a little
over-the-top with her emotions. She likes yellow
, Destinys Child
, tofu burgers, and Walk Two Moons
by Sharon Creech
9-year-old girl who loves learning and books. Has a huge vocabulary and is always asking questions about the world around her. Likes purple, popcorn, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Marc Anthony.
Your friendly neighborhood "cyboid" and unofficial Team Pet
. He used to work for Hacker, but flew the coop upon realizing that Hacker wasn't exactly a great guy. A fan of the Dixie Chicks
and "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach.
Pompous, dastardly, and power-hungry—the Big Bad
of the series, until his in-series Villain Decay
. At the moment, he is currently attempting to rescue his image
. Like the color puce and Who Framed Roger Rabbit
. Showing Hidden Depths
, his favorite book is The Prince
One of Hacker's henchmen
and the smarter of the two. Likes blue-green, donuts, and Home Alone
. Aspires to open a donut shop one day, but every attempt has been foiled so far
Buzz's first voice actor, Len Carlson, died in 2006. He was replaced by Phil Williams. The episode "Ecohaven: CSE" is dedicated to Mr. Carlson.
Another one of Hacker's henchmen. His favorite colors are both rust and salmon. Likes The Wizard of Oz
and Chicken Little
Although the website
does not mention it, he really likes bunnies.
- And Call Him George: Delete wants a bunny so he can "love him, and keep him, and call him George."
- Butt Monkey: To Hacker's schemes.
- The Chew Toy: HE's Been mangled, and crushed, and electrocuted, and blah blah blah blah blah!
- Cute Little Fangs
- The Ditz
- Fat and Skinny: He is the skinny to Buzz's fat.
- Harmless Villain
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Buzz.
- Lizard Folk: Hence the way his mouth looks like, he defitinitely resembles a crocodile. And before you can ask, yes, he has 2 teeth sticking out as well.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Subverted. His name's Delete, he's villainous and he lives in a computer world... but he's a Harmless Villain who doesn't even try to be evil, and when he does, he fails miserably.
- Red Oni: To Buzz's blue.
- Villains Out Shopping: The Cybersquad has accused him of being up to no good even when he was just looking for Buzz.
Witch hailing from the cybersite of Happily Ever After. She's a bit obsessed
with Hacker, to the point where she even faked being a princess to get to marry him.
In the ending credits, she took Dr. Marbles' place a few seasons in
- Affably Evil: She's actually treated the Cybersquad decently on occasions. In the later seasons, she's more interested in trying to get with Hacker than taking over Cyberspace.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Conspicuous Consumption: After she helps Hacker take over Cyberspace, she immediately takes money and starts spending it willy-nilly, leading to an episode where the Cybersquad learns the benefits of managing your money efficiently and not wasting it on things you don't need.
- Evil Redhead
- Fiery Redhead
- Fluffy Fashion Feathers: When she was pretending to be the Princess of Pompadouria, she picked out this for her wedding dress.
- Hot Witch: She's not ugly like a traditional witch. She's good-looking enough for Hacker to be attracted to her, and in her first episode, she even got a marriage proposal from the King of Happily Ever After. (Her answer: No.)
- Unholy Matrimony: With Hacker.
New villain introduced towards the very end of season 8. He was a huge fan of The Hacker back in the day, and aspired to be just like him.
The benevolent ruler of Cyberspace. Unfortunately, she's also pretty useless thanks to Hacker's virus. Her role in the series is mostly to give the kids their next assignment.
Motherboard's tireless mechanic and creater of Hacker
. Likes blue and TRON
. His favorite novel is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
… just take a guess at his favorite hobby.
A friend of the Cybersquad. His dad was once a friend and coworker of Hacker's, but went into hiding. In one of the Story Arcs
, the Cybersquad helps him find his dad. He occasionally helps out the Earthlies
and is popular with the fans
Sam Vander Rom
Journalist seen around Cyberspace reporting on various doings. Quite the Deadpan Snarker
An associate of Sam Vander Rom's. She is also a journalist.
The current ruler of the Cybersite Tikiville.
Penguin who became one of the True Companions
of the Cybersquad in the later seasons.
"For Real" segments
- Big "NO!": Harry screams it in the "For Real" segment for S05E03 "Designing Mr. Perfect", when the paint can falls off his wagon when Harry drives the wagon full of yellow paintcans up the stairs.
- Butt Monkey: At first, but it tones down later.