A Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
is pulled together on emergency to fulfill some grand goal
. They succeed.
And then realize that they are quite good at working with each other and can stay a team for the future crises to come.
Contrast The Fellowship Has Ended
and We Were Your Team
- Inverted in Batgirl: Year One, where a team-up between Barbara and Black Canary ends with the following dialogue:
- This is one of the classic superhero team origins. The original Justice League of America realized they work well together after fending off giant alien monsters. The founding Avengers realized they work well together after thwarting a scheme by Loki, Norse god of mischief. In both cases, the heroes each responded to the crisis individually, and once they'd converged on a single location, realize they could work better as a group than alone. After Avengers Dissassembled, the New Avengers were formed under the same circumstances (working together to fight a mass jailbreak of supervillains).
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. After the Big Bad is defeated, Captain Nemo suggests that they stay together.
I have long hidden away from the world, now I wish to see it anew as the century turns. You're all welcome to join me.
- The Great Mouse Detective: After Rattigan is defeated, Dawson starts to leave to go look for lodging. Basil is trying to tell him to stay when there's a knock on the door.
Lady Mouse: Is this the home of the famous Basil of Baker Street?
Dr. Dawson: Indeed it is, miss. You look as if you're in some kind of trouble.
Lady Mouse: Oh, I am. I am.
Dr. Dawson: Then you have come to precisely the right place.
Basil: Ah, allow me to introduce my trusted associate Dr. Dawson, with whom I do all of my cases. Isn't that right, doctor?
Dr. Dawson: Oh? Why, yes. By all means.
Rick: Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
- In Rafael Sabatini's Scaramouche, Pantaloon blackmails Andre-Louis into staying with the troupe. Andre-Louis quickly takes over, and the troupe prospers greatly.
- In Justice League, J'onn calls upon six other superheroes and heroines to defend Earth against the Imperium, but when the enemy is defeated, they decide to make the arrangement permanent, since they work well together.
- In the Five-Episode Pilot of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, the team is pulled together when the titular chipmunks are on a mission to recover a stolen ruby, but end up foiling a high level robbery. Afterwards, Monty, Zipper, and Gadget intend to leave, but when a new mystery begins, they decide to stick together.