Western Animation / I Got A Rocket
I Got A Rocket
is an Emmy Award
winning kids tv show airing on Kabillion
. Simply put, like The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
was about how Spongebob Squarepants made on drugs
, this series has quite a The Fairly Oddparents
-esque feeling, only it's... weirder.
On his thirteenth birthday, teenager Vinnie Q gets the best present ever- a live, talking robot! He and his new rocket, called Rocket
become best buds and embark on a number of crazy schemes along with Vinnie's two other friends Gabby and Rainbow. Together they form the July Club as all three kids were born in July. However trouble comes in the form of the three school bullies-known as The Duckies- who would do anything to get Rocket for themselves and are always happy to give Vinnie a wedgie.
- Cool Car: Crystal built herself her own talking car.
- Doting Parent: Ma Duckie dotes on her three kids. But woe betide anyone else...
- Gadgeteer Genius: It seems Crystal got the "science gene" from her dad, not Vinnie. But Professor Q hardly notices this and spends most of his time with Vinnie.
- Hidden Depths: Scuds Duckie reveals to Vincent that he can actually speak eloquently and dislikes being a bully. However he gets so nervous around peoplw that his normal way of talking and bullying are how he copes.
- Hippie Teacher: Vice-Principal Stern. This makes him the Butt Monkey for several of the show's gags.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Ma Duckie, as seen when Vinnie, Rocket and Gabby end up back in the 50s in "I Got a Remote".
- Jerk Ass: The Duckies of course, but Vinnie is no stranger to the trope. It is amazing how he still has friends after some of the stunts he pulls.
- Large Ham: Vincent Q, we're looking at you. Prone to long speeches about his and Rocket's new motivations-Every.Single.Episode.