Gladiformers is a 2007 film by Vídeo Brinquedo. The plot revolves around a Prince named Julius Drive who was sold into slavery (somehow) and forced to fight to the death in the mechanical slaughterhouse known as The Centaris Gladitorial Arena's. The movie has loads of Angra songs thrown in and it did well enough in its home country to have a sequel but it sadly has never been dubbed in English.
Come in, Gladiformer 1 tropes. That's an order!
- The Atoner: Patrion Tokal
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Maita Gortim got one dished on him.
- Captain Ersatz: A couple.
- Curb-Stomp Battle / Strictly Formula: Most fights drag on for a while, then there is a pause for one character to dump exposition about their past, then one character utterly destroys the other.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Supremobots may be tyrannical, but may the Godbots help you if you try stabbing another Gladiformer in the back in front of them.
- Fauxlosophic Narration: Lots from Julius Drive.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Several. The most notable is Maita Gortim sacrificing himself to save his nation from the predations of Supremobot talent scouts in a brilliant Thanatos Gambit.
- Large Ham: Magnum Tutor attempts to be this.
- The Mockbuster: Of Transformers.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Poor Dante Logus.
- Senseless Sacrifice: What Dante Logus ultimately ended up doing. Once you're in the arena, you must Win to Exit.
- This Cannot Be!: If you hear this, someone's about to die.
Come in Gladiformer 2 Tropes, That's an order!
- Animation Bump: The animation is relatively better than the first one. Fight scenes are more fluid and there are more detailed sets and character models used but it still doesn't look great.
- Ascended Extra: Mana Elus, the princess who is only mentioned once in the last movie, is a major character in this one.
- One of the Large Statues in the previous arena is the final boss in the movie.
- Back from the Dead: Magnum Tutor, Korjo Disblo, Dante Logus and several others are back and more powerful than ever.
- Came Back Wrong / FaceHeel Turn: Dante Logus and Mora Jarte are back....and villains now.
- Car Fu: A lengthy fight scene near the end of the movie has Julius Drive and Magnum Tutor use their vehicle modes to fight off hords of Project One's. Even the clones get in on the vehicular combat action!
- Combining Mecha: Julius Drive and Magnum Tutor combine to form a super robot in the climatic battle.
- HeelFace Turn: Magnum Tutor ends up siding with Julius Drive in the quest to rescue Mana Elus and eventually reconciles his relations with him near the end of the movie.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Julius Drive and Magnum Tutor spend much of the movie working together and fighting off the hordes of Supremobots to rescue their Princess.
Hail Julius Drive! Hail Julius Drive!