Mi Perro Chocolo (My Chocolo Dog) is a Chilean YouTube Edutainment Show created in the Turn of the Millennium but got more recognition and success in The New '10s, not just in Chile, also in Latin America and other countries. First started as children songs but later becomes an animated series called Uno, Dos, Tres ¡A Jugar!note , which became very famous in Chile at the point of having their own merchandise. In April 2020, Mi Perro Chocolo is one of the web series that are part of the children's public TV channel "TV Educa Chile".
The official website is here as well here, which was a section of Atiempo and the previous official website. Also, there's the YouTube channel in Spanish, which also has videos of Chocolo and friends in English and Portuguese.
One, two, three, let's trope!
- All-CGI Cartoon: Since the beginning, Mi Perro Chocolo has been made in CGI. Subverted with the 2020 series that includes some songs made with 2D animation.
- Alliterative Name: Various Chocolo's animal friends have this kind of names thanks to some songs, later appearing as canon in One, Two, Three, Lets's Play! series:
Cirilo el Caballo come zapallonote
- Josefina la Gallinanote
- Renato el Patonote
- Pancho el Chanchonote
- There're some exceptions like Cirilo the Horse, which in the same song his name comes from an alliterative phrase:
- Animal Naming Conventions: Cocoró the Rooster has that name because "cocoró" is the Spanish sound that roosters and chickens make.
- Animal Stereotypes: Various of them:
- Art Evolution: The evolution between the old and new videos is huge, with better models. Chocolo himself was changed mostly the look than the design. A good example of both can be seen in El Baile de Chocolonote (also known as "A mi perro Chocolo le gusta bailar"note ), this is the old version and this is the new one.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Josefina's baby chickens, one of them even has their own songs.
- Canon Immigrant: In one of their videos, Corchito (a cork cat from Atiempo's animation Recórcholis y Corchito) appears with Chocolo in a Christmas greetings video.
- Cheerful Child: Chocolo. In general all the children are this, but Chocolo is more cheerful than the rest of the cast.
- Chick Magnet: Literally. Chocolo is always seen with baby chickens around him.
- Decoy Protagonist: Despite of being part of the series, the One, Two, Three, Lets's Play! series have the children (Lila, Renato, Cocoró and Pancho) as the main characters, being Chocolo one of the supporting characters instead of being The Protagonist.
- Down on the Farm: All the videos have the farm as the only place to be.
- Edible Theme Naming: Dulcita the Cow, which name "dulcita" is the diminutive of "dulce" (sweet in Spanish).
- Edutainment Show: Since the beginning, Mi Perro Chocolo is directed for kids and teach them good manners as well give them didactic material.
- Farm Girl: Lila.
- Gentle Giant: Dulcita.
- Happy Dance: Chocolo likes to dance, a lot. When he's happy, is usually seen dancing alone as well with his friends, but in general he's good at dancing.
- Funny Animals: This is more considerated as a World of Funny Animals if there weren't some humans.
- The Heart: Chocolo. Apart of being The Protagonist of the animation, he's usually the bond of the characters in the videos.
- Kid-Appeal Character: The protagonists of One, Two, Three, Lets's Play! are all children: Lila, Renato, Cocoró and Pancho.
- Merchandise-Driven: The series becomes so famous that actually in Chile you can find plushes, figures, posters and even birthday party supplies with Chocolo and Friends.
- No Focus on Humans: The show is basically a Farm of Funny Animals which few presence of humans there. In the first version, there's the little girl with her family (father, mother and a little baby, the former even appearing in one song), but in the new version, there's only Lila as the only human present (assumed it's the same girl from previous version, even when the design is completely different) and friend of the other animals. And in one song, there's Martin, another child as Lila, that only appears in that song.
- No Fourth Wall: Mostly seen in One, Two, Three, Lets's Play! in which show's kids teach children about how to play games and use the imagination.
- Nursery Rhyme: Various of the songs of the series are this, with actual despictions of old Chilean nursery rhymes with Chocolo and friends.
- The Power of Friendship: The bread and butter of the show.
- Race Lift: A strange case happens with Lila, who looks like an Asian girl in the new videos instead the unnamed girl from old videos who looks like a white girl (assuming they're the same girl with a change of look).
- There Are No Adults: Humans at least, averted in the old version in which little girl's parents are present in some of the videos. In the new series, Chocolo, Josefina, Dulcita y Cirilo are seen as the adults for the kid characters in One, Two, Three, Lets's Play! series. And in some of the songs, appears Pancho's mother, who's a pig as him, but with Tertiary Sexual Characteristics, also being the teacher of kids' preschool.
- Token Human: Lila, the only human in the series. Also seen another human child as Lila called Martin in one of the videos.
- Viewers Are Goldfish: As the Edutainment Show it is.
- Widget Series: Mi Perro Chocolo has become this in Chile, especially noticed for the Merchandise-Driven as in this country.