Gisele and the Green Team was an animated property developed by Genius Brands International in 2010. It stars the model Gisele Bündchen as an environmental activist and superhero who, along with four other Green Team members, foils the nefarious deeds of master polluter Nick Slick and his cronies.
Every episode was only three minutes long. Three seasons were made, for a total of 26 episodes.
This cartoon contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Nick Slick is the primary threat for every episode except episode two, where a gang of poachers are the villains.
- Bittersweet Ending: While Nick Slick's plans are always foiled, some episodes point out that the damage he inflicted will take a long time to recover.
- Celebrity Toons: The main heroine is real-life model Gisele Bündchen.
- The Faceless: Patricia is only seen in silhouette, and her face is never revealed.
- For the Evulz: When Nick Slick isn't trying to make money, he's polluting for the sake of it.
- Genius Loci: Gisele's power is to communicate with the Earth itself, seeing what damage has been done to it.
- Green Aesop: Every episode is about protecting the environment and animals in some way.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Alex has by far the most useful power in telekinesis, and this is used many times to stop whatever Nick is doing. The fact that she has the only offensive power among the five makes her even more competent.
- Limited Animation: The animation was extremely limited, especially in action scenes or when characters were traveling. Keep in mind this was made in 2010.
- Mind Reading: Sophie can read the thoughts of humans and animals.
- Not Quite Starring: While Gisele is the main character, she wasn't voiced by the real-life model as executives worried kids wouldn't be able to understand her.
- Mission Control: Patricia gives the Green Team their missions.
- Psychic Powers: Woo Li has the power of foresight and can see into the future.
- Super Senses: Keisha has the power of remote viewing, and can see any distance.
- Would Hit a Girl: Nick and his cronies have attempted to harm or kill the girls more than once.