A webcomic by Jake Wyatt, Necropolis is still in its infancy stage, being only on its third chapter. Thus far it centers on a girl who made an ill-advised deal with devils for a magic for a magic sword to take revenge on the bandits who destroyed her home.
The comic can be read at its tumblr, here.
This series provides examples of:
- Action Girlfriend: The Conqueror Queen to the Seer King.
- The Ageless: Implied with the Seer King and the Conqueror Queen, who were stated to have lived long lives while never aging. This left Death sort of pissed off.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: The Third Sword. The Conqueror Queen ain't bad either.
- Battle Couple: The Conqueror Queen and Seer King.
- Cassandra Truth: How the Seer King's marriage with the Conqueror Queen first started falling apart. The Seer King had a vision of being killed by his own wife, but the Conqueror Queen didn't believe him as she had faith in their love. The lack of communication, the lies spread by ambitious nobles in their court, and the Seer King's distrust led to him betraying his wife and staging a coup against her while she was gone on state affairs.
- Cute Bruiser: The Third Sword. Wears a skirt, has a pretty silk bow in her hair, fights undead creatures with no fear.
- Deal with the Devil: The Third Sword offers up "All she has" in return for the magic sword she takes her name from. She is under the impression that she has nothing left to lose.
- Dem Bones: Several of the dead things the Third Sword encounters. Some engulfed in a sort of spectral flame.
- Does Not Like Shoes: The Third Sword and her entire family are always barefoot, with her only wearing a simple red anklet early on. When she acquires new clothes, boots go along with them.
- Eldritch Abomination: Whatever the "horrors" are on the second preview page, they're most likely this. Yeesh.
- Fearless Undead: They see the Third Sword chop up their comrades and still go after her. Then after she's done wiping the floor with them, they tell her they'll get her later. Persistent little buggers.
- Feminist Fantasy: Looks to be headed in this direction. All the prominent characters are female, half of them in high positions of power and authority, half of them capable of combat and magic. Meanwhile, the male characters have supporting roles and are usually either incompetent or villainous.
- Flaming Skulls: Actually, flaming entire skeletons!
- The Grim Reaper: Or at least a personification of Death. He ain't happy with the long lifespans of the Conquerors.
- Happily Married: One of the things the Seer King is mentioned as doing is "delighting his Queen", not to mention the first page has her touching his arm fairly affectionately. Then it's subverted as it's revealed their relationship slowly fell apart from a combination of lack of communication, ambitious aristocrats feeding them lies, and the Conqueror Queen ignoring a vision the Seer King had. This leads to the Seer King, driven mad and fearing death by his wife's hands, staged a coup in an attempt to overthrow her.
- Heroic BSoD: The Third Sword undergoes one after she finds out that her own mother let her be arrested by the Queen's wardens because she was scared of what her eldest daughter was becoming.
- I Did What I Had to Do: The Third Sword's mother let her be arrested by the Queen's wardens for various crimes, seeing her own daughter as beyond her help and too afraid to be around a killer.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The heroine ifs even called "the Third Sword!"
- Lady Legionnaire Wear: The Third Sword dresses something like this.
- Lady of War: The Third Sword and the Conqueror Queen. Both fairly feminine, both able to kick much ass.
- Non-Human Undead: Some of the creatures that the Third Sword fights definitely weren't all human.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Third Sword, the Conqueror Queen, and the Seer King. Though Word of God says the Third Sword has a real name that she doesn't give out often.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something]]: The Conqueror Queen and Seer King use their abilities to keep the land that they've claimed safe, well-fed, well-educated, and they also build cities, roads, and aqueducts.
- Seers: The Seer King.
- Sword and Sorcerer: The Conqueror Queen is the Sword who kept the peace in the kingdom she shared with her husband, the Seer King, a Sorcerer who aided his wife with his powerful future visions.
- The Undead: They abound.
- Walking the Earth: What it appears the Third Sword will be doing.