Ashton Casey, known by her stage name Ashnikko, is a London-based rapper known for her themes of female empowerment in her music. Born on February 19, 1996, in Oak Bridge, North Carolina, she grew up listening to mostly country. In her teenage years, her family moved to eastern Europe, living in both Estonia and Latvia. At age 18 she moved to London and began her musical career. Her genre is best described as a blend of electro-pop and Alternative Hip Hop.
- Sass Pancakes (EP) (2017)
- Unlikeable (EP) (2018)
- Hi, Its Me (EP) (2019)
- Demidevil (Mixtape) (2021)
This artists work provides examples of:
- All Women Are Lustful
- Animesque: Her physical appearance is reminiscent of Hatsune Miku. Acknowledged in the Animated Music Video for "Daisy 2.0", which features Miku dancing in unison with a deliberately Uncanny Valley Ashnikko avatar.
- Answer Song: "L8r Boi" to Avril Lavigne's "Sk8er Boi": In this version the ballet girl does date the skater boy, but he turns out to be a lousy boyfriend with anger issues, so she leaves him, finds success on her own, and later finds a partner who treats her better.
- Badass Boast
- Bare Your Midriff: She's not afraid to show off her body.
- Boastful Rap
- Bowdlerise: The clean version of "STUPID" (labeled on Spotify as the "Dolphin Edit"), which censors some words with dolphin noises and completely rewrites some lines ("Think about me with your hand down your trousers" becomes "Stupid boy, I don't want your stupid flowers").
- There's no official clean version of "Slumber Party", but she had to do significant rewrites to the first verse and the pre-chorus to perform it on Late Night with Seth Myers - most notably "I gave your girlfriend cunnilingus on my couch" was changed to "I gave your girlfriend tongue kisses on my couch", and the word "orgasms" was replaced with suggestive heavy breathing.
- Break-Up Song: "Deal With It"I hate you so much right now!
- Cluster F-Bomb: In "Cry": "Fuck a fucking fuckboy fucking up my plans".
- Enemy Eats Your Lunch: Seen in the video for "STUPID": after dispatching her ex, Yung Baby Tate makes a point of taking his sandwich.
- Gasshole: According to her, she tweeted this: "if you listen really closely to daisy you can hear one of my farts in the second chorus."
- The Lad Ette: In her own words, I dont mind my manners.
- Les Yay: "Slumber Party" is all about this.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Evoked in the music video for Special.
- Ms. Fanservice: Shes not afraid to show off her well-rounded body.
- Protest Song: Invitation is one against sexual assault and rape culture.
- Shout-Out: Princess Nokia's guest verse in "Slumber Party" is mostly a stream of early-aughts music and pop culture references, mentioning Nelly's "Hot In Herre", Britney Spears' "I'm A Slave 4 U", Bring It On note , and Christina Milian's "Dip It Low" note , in that order.