As you can see below, Jeremy Zag is a very ambitious entrepreneur. Having founded the company in 2009, Zag was inspired by worldwide success of animation giant Saban Entertainment (and its successor, both famous for Power Rangers), and future colleagues Haim Saban & Jacqueline Tordjman (W.I.T.C.H., A.T.O.M., among others) on the French M6 business show, Capital. Zag managed to persuade the animation industry veteran Tordjman to his cause, which soon led to the birth of Univergroup and Zagtoon.
Their works include:
- A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures (2009): (coproduced with StudioCanal) The life of a sea turtle is told over the span of fifty years while exploring the lasting effects of global warming on aquatic life.
- Kobushi (2012-?): When a fancy sushi restaurant, Kobushi, closes down for the night, the sushi come to life, spending the entire evening avoiding traps set by the famous white porcelain cat, Manekineko, who has also awakened, and with an appetite for fish! To the porcelain cats constant dismay, the mini-sushi heroes put up quite the powerful fight, as energy-packed and action-ready martial arts experts. So sit back with another cup of tea and enjoy the fabulous tales of crazy, funny BANZAI!
- Popples (2015-2016): A wacky comedy about a unique bunch of creatures called Popples, as they engage in misadventures in attempts to help their fellow townspeople.
- Miraculous Ladybug (2015-?): Two Parisian teenagers, Marinette and Adrien, are beheld with the ancient power of the Miraculous and are tasked with protecting the city from Akuma as Ladybug and Chat Noir... all while balancing it with their home and school life, with the duo falling for the other without knowing their true identities.
- Zak Storm (2016-?): Zak, a young teen who, when in the middle of a surfing competition, gets sucked into the Seven Seas of the Bermuda Triangle, and becomes the captain of a ship of misfits. He teams up with a magical talking sword named Calabrass, which allows him to power up into various protective armors with weapons that help him face the numerous perils of the mysterious world.
- Miraculous: Tales from Paris (2017-?): A webisode series about Marinette's everyday life.
- Denver & Cliff: (2018-?): A reboot of Denver the Last Dinosaur. In Bones Town, a small city in the southern United States, lives the Scott family. They've become famous after adopting a small dinosaur named Denver, who they raised together with their son, Cliff. The exploring the daily life of Denver and the Dinopals: Cliff, Charlotte and Super Dan, it's always extraordinary when a dinosaur is thrown into the mix.
- Miraculous Adventures (2017-?): A comic book series telling sidestories about Ladybug and Chat Noir's heroics not seen in the show.
Upcoming works include:
- Miraculous chibi shorts: (originally set for 2017, presumably delayed to 2018) Comedic shorts about the characters of Miraculous Ladybug in chibi form.
- Power Players: (set for 2018) Theres a new team of secret heroes in town and their the least likely of champions - toys! Brought to life by a hopeful child, this little problem solvers bring all the fun of Mission Impossible as they follow the mission plans of their creator. Now, a little boy and his toys can change the world and for his friends.
- Ghost Force: (set for 2019) Professor Richenbach is a science teacher at Central High School, having held a fear of ghosts for his entire life. He has finally developed a technology that enables humans to fight and capture ghosts! He secretly recruits three students Andy, Sam, and Liv, tasking them with hunting down and capturing the ghosts that terrorize the city. Operating from the secret underground laboratory built by the Professor, they are the city's only line of paranormal defense.
- Pixie Girl: (set for 2019) A Pixie enters the urban jungle of New York City, battling the tyrannical rule of the citys evil wytches who scheme to forever cast away the citys ties to pixies and the purity of nature. It's a race against time to thwart the wytches evil plots and return to the safety of Central Park before her glow is gone forever. Will special powers, sheer willpower, and a human partnership be enough to revive the citys lost ties to nature?
- Melody: (set for 2019) An animated movie. For as long as she can remember, Melody has been a dreamer with a passion for music. But she doesn't believe in her voice. She doesn't see herself as start material. Not like her idol, Rose Stellar. One day, while playing music at the park she gets an unexpected visit from the queen of pop herself and that was when her life was about to change forever.
- Superstar: (set for 2020) Extremely talented musicians, singers, dancers and actors have gone through an extensive auditioning process to attend the prestigious Hollywood School of the Arts in Hollywood, California. Not only are they here to further their respective artistic careers, but also to compete for a spot in a worldwide concert, towards the goal of achieving ultimate fame and unlocking their full potential.
- Tales of Feryon: (set for 2020) Once upon a time of medieval heroes...
- Gayajin: (set for 2020) With threat of destruction at the hands of an extraterrestrial villain, the planet reaches out to two young kids, offering them the powers of the earth with which to fight back. Assuming total control of both creatures and flora/fauna, with the weight of the world in tow, proves to be quite a heavy load... but also comes with copious amounts of kick-earth fun and adventure.
- Ladybug & Cat Noir: Awakening: A musical film taking place after Season 5 of Miraculous Ladybug.
- Kosmic Wrestle: Space League: When an intergalactic champion wrestling coach comes calling, the ambitious, 12-year-old wrestling-fanatic, Frog Legs, is ready for action. Further emboldened by learning of his familys deep roots in the Galaktik Wrestling Federation, he embarks on a crash course training regimen and commences a long, bruise-riddled journey to defeat champions from all planets, with the goal of becoming the best wrestler in the galaxy.
- Miss Rose: A magical spy and her partner... in London!
- Lady Butterfly: A butterfly-themed superheroine and her dragon-themed partner, Lady Dragon, enter the fray.
- Rosie: A series of shorts. Always dressed in black, Rosie casts a sardonic and offbeat eye on the world around her. And shes never at a loss for words. Her world is confined to her house and its surroundings, where she regularly meets her neighbor, Olive, who she takes a malignant pleasure in driving up the wall. Whenever she feels the need, Rosie brings in her imaginary friend Blackie, an easy-going green sheep. A good friend, he is the only person she confides in because Blackie has the advantage of never being able to tell anyone else her secrets.
- Adventure Park: An animated film. Once there was a magical park where kids of all ages could take all of its fantastical rides, they could run the Serengeti with the Great Beasts, ride the haunted rails of a Wild-West Ghost Train, explore Lost Atlantis, shrink to the size of a Hard Candy, and journey to the heart of a Black Hole...all in a single, magical day! But after an accident, the doors to Adventure Park slammed shut forever. Now, three friends must embark on a daring adventure of their own: returning to the long-abandoned fantasy park to save their missing friend. Rumor says the park is haunted by its late designer - Silicon Valley billionaire Dalton Grabow - and that the marvels of the park run rampant through its decaying streets, turning the former dream place into a living, breathing nightmare...
- Abominable: An animated film. At the behest of an eccentric billionaire, a struggling cryptozoologist named John Marx joins a team of esteemed specialists - their skills ranging from biology to mountaineering to traverse the Himalayas in search of the elusive "Abominable Snowman." But everyone gets more than they bargained for when John's 7-year-old daughter, Shannon, secretly tags along. Exiled from the team, this unlikely father-daughter duo must now set out on their own - with the help of an adventurous local guide - to track down the Yeti themselves.
- Peter Hawk: A show under the ZAG Adventures brand.
- Kosmic Dancer: (possibly scratched) Ipoh and Mia are French teenagers. The great love for the dance of the two is the same. And, only the best dancer in the world can become the "Kosmic Dancer"!
- Transylmaniak: (possibly scratched) Our hero Drack, half human and half vampire, is confronted with more problems than your average teenager: during the day he must study at school and at night he must fight his neighbor Ray, who is a member of the Bureau for the Interception of Creatures. Drack must learn how to master his vampire powers to protect his family from being discovered and arrested by the BIC.
- Legendary Books: (possibly scratched) Four heroic kids with the powers of legends in their hands battle historys greatest myths for the fate of the modern world! In modern day Alexandria, a group of energetic kids are about to discover that the fantasy books theyve been reading and loving arent fantasies at all. Powered by mysterious devices called occulos these four heroes in the making are about to take their place alongside the most legendary stories ever told.
- Sweet Power: (possibly scratched) The heroes have magical vitamin powers to combat the Glucido baddies and thwart their diabolical plans to get rich by hypnotizing children by making them addicted to sugar and sweets.
- Miraculous Ladybug OVA: (Confirmed in 2016)
- Legendz: (set for 2020) A live-action show.
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug: A comic book series following Marinette's adventures in China, meeting her heritage, and as Ladybug, meeting Chinese superheroes along the way.
- Miraculous: Tales of Chat Noir: A comic book series following Adrien's adventures in America, from cities ranging from New York City to Los Angeles, also running into other superheroes along the way as Chat Noir.
- Tales of Miraculous: A comic book series about the previous Miraculous holders before Marinette and Adrien became Ladybug and Chat Noir.
- Miraculous manga adaptation
Tropes associated with Zagtoon and their work:
- Animesque: Most especially Miraculous Ladybug, which takes cues from Magical Girl anime in its romance and transformation scenes.
- Creator Thumbprint: CGI Animesque kid characters with Saturday morning morals and comedy like that of Power Rangers? Check and mate.
- Mega Crossover:
- Ladybug in New York City is a Miraculous Ladybug special slated to have Ladybug meet the Ghostforce and Pixie Girl in New York City.
- Shared Universe: "The Quantic Universe", with the more superhero/action shows being branded as "ZAG Heroez", the more comedic ones (like Kobushi, Popples, Rosie, Denver & Cliff) being "ZAG Toons", the more princess/girl-oriented non-action shows being "ZAG Princesses", and animated films that involve action as "ZAG Adventures". So far, there are plans for a Miraculous Ladybug special that crosses over with Ghostforce and Pixie Girl, called "Ladybug in New York City".