Christopher Peter Meloni (born April 2, 1961 in Washington, DC) is an American actor. He is best known for his television roles as NYPD Detective Elliot Stabler on the NBC police drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and as inmate Chris Keller on the HBO prison drama Oz. Starting in 2021, he has reprised the role of Stabler for Law & Order: Organized Crime.
- Misery Loves Company
- 12 Monkeys
- Bound (1996)
- NYPD Blue
- Brooklyn South
- The Last Don
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Homicide: Life on the Street
- Runaway Bride
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Wet Hot American Summer
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
- Wonder Showzen
- Mad TV
- Green Lantern: First Flight
- True Blood
- Man of Steel
- Comedy Bang! Bang!
- The Handmaid's Tale
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
This actor and his roles provide examples of:
- Happily Married: He has been married to production designer Doris Sherman Williams since 1995 and has two children.
- Mr. Fanservice: Constantly subjected to Shirtless Scenes and Clothing Damage in SVU just to show his physique. He also goes full frontal in Oz. Quickly turns to Fan Disservice as he was actually peeing in a bucket.
- Playing Against Type: Anyone who has read his posts on Twitter or Facebook can tell you that the man is a self-admitted goofball who is always joking, in the same mold as Jim Carrey or Robin Williams. Which is obviously why he gets cast in so many roles as a menacing tough guy.
- Rated M for Manly
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: His background is in comedy. However, after Oz, followed by his eventual Star-Making Role in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, he had starred mainly in serious films/shows.