open/close all folders
Voiced by: Gary Anthony Williams
- Audience Surrogate: Inverted; while he is often the one of the group to asks the most questions, they're always ones the audience already knows the answer to.
- Butt-Monkey: Gets a lot of crap from the other two robots, and is ultimately the one to get stuck with the cat, but takes most of it in stride.
- Cyber Cyclops: Subverted; the audience first sees him with one eye, but he gains one using the core of his supposed ancestor.
- Flipping the Bird: Does so in response to the Black Robot asking him to smile for a picture.
- Grumpy Bear: Easily the robot with the least interest in exploring the apocalypse of the three.
- Identical Grandson: Implied to be this to a game console called X-BOT. Heck, he even uses the core for his left eye.
- The Leader: Or at least the closest thing to one among the group.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: He says the most curse words out of the trio.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Inverted; he looks nothing like the previous version of the XBOT.
Voiced by: Josh Brener
- Adorkable: His fascination with mundane human things such as a basketball or a cat come off as this.
- Comically Missing the Point: Rarely if ever actually understands the purpose behind common, everyday items.
- The Ditz: Easily the least intelligent of the three robots.
- Genki Guy: Endlessly upbeat and positive throughout the episode.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: His explanations for how things worked are often entirely wrong, to a point of hilarity.
- Nice Guy: Hes probably the nicest of the trio as he tries to watch his mouth and he tries to help X-BOT 4000 feel better about the cat incident.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Provides a majority of the humor of the short.
- Talking with Signs: Occasionally, he'll project something other than a smiley face on his screen such as "WTF" in response to the Black Robot's monologue.
- TV Head Robot: Instead of a physical face, K-VRC has a screen on which he projects a cute smiley face.
The Black Robot
Voiced by: N/A
- Camera Fiend: Almost constantly takes pictures of everything around her.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has a text-to-speech program, so a few snarks are expected.
- Dead Person Conversation: Regularly converses with the dead bodies she comes across.
- Expy: She seems to be one of Siri, with the same voice programming and wikipedic knowledge.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Easily the most aggressive and rude of the three, but still gets along really well with the other two.
- Only Sane Woman: The only one of the three to know basically anything on how humans actually worked, and even then, she isn't much better.
- The Smart Girl: At least when compared to the other two.
- Smurfette Principle: Downplayed, as there are only three of them in the group.
- Starfish Robots: Unlike her compatriots, who are bipedal and humanoid in design, Black Robot's design is entirely form follows function, with a somewhat modular pyramid body, one sensor approximating an eye (that can move up and down her body) and a single, multi-purpose arm.
Voiced by: Chris Parnell
- Cats Are Mean: Decides at the end of the short to keep the robots hostage until it sees fit.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Comes across as nothing more than your standard housecat. Turns out it's a whole lot more intelligent, and dangerous, than first believed.
- Killer Rabbit: Considering it and it's species seemingly slaughtered an entire species despite their cute appearance...
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: I mean...Just look at it.
- Small, Annoying Creature: At least the robots see it as one.
- Talking Animal: Though we don't learn about it until the end of the short.
- Team Pet: Quickly becomes one for the three robots...Not really because they like it, but simply because they're scared of getting rid of it.
- Butt-Monkey: Not only has it been completely wiped out from existence, but it also seems to have in the process become a subject of basically only ridicule from the living robots and cats.
- Corpse Land: Dead bodies are regularly found just about everywhere...Which the robots don't even react to.
- Crapsack World: To say it seems to have gone to shit is a bit of an understatement.
- Driven to Suicide: One of the bodies they come across seems to have hung themselves.
- Humans Are Morons: What else would you call a species that invents weapons designed to wipe themselves out as quickly as possible?
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Or at least, that's the Cat's explanation for why they went extinct.