inFAMOUS | inFAMOUS 2 (Festival of Blood) | Second Son (First Light)
The VampiresAn army of bloodsucking monsters who secretly live in the underground catacombs beneath New Marais. They kidnap Cole in order to use him for a blood ritual to resurrect their deceased leader, Bloody Mary. Upon Mary's return from death, she leads her vampires on a killing spree across New Marais, preying upon its oblivious citizens while they celebrate Pyre Night.
- Boss in Mook Clothing: The Firstborn vampires are giant bat-like monsters who serve as mini-bosses, though most of the time they won't fight Cole unless he provokes them. Also whenever an unhidden Firstborn is near a group of civilians, it will quickly bite them and turn them into zombie-like vampire minions who will try to fistfight Cole or even bite him.
- Dark Action Girl: Harpies are female vampires who fight Cole by jumping and clinging to walls, while shooting guns at him.
- Holy Burns Evil: They have an aversion to crosses. Father Ignatius' Barbed Cross weapon, which was blessed by the Pope, can instantly kill any normal vampire, can take down Firstborns in just a few hits, and is also one of Bloody Mary's few weaknesses.
- Looks Like Orlok: The Fiends, Harpies, and Firstborns all look rather demonic and inhuman; though Mary, Cole, and any freshly-turned civilians simply look like humans with pale skin.
- Our Vampires Are Different: These guys have most of the typical vampire traits you'd expect; they're undead demonic creatures who consume blood, convert humans into more of their kind, can turn into bats and fly; and have fatal weaknesses to crosses, stakes, fire, and sunlight. However, Cole and Zeke speculate that vampires may actually be a sub-type of conduits who have blood-based abilities. However, it doesn't explain their more supernatural qualities, like their aversion to holy objects.
- Transhuman Treachery: Vampires are Always Chaotic Evil, and almost every person whom Mary turns into one become her mind controlled slaves with no free will of their own. Cole is able to (mostly) resist Mary's control over him, and actively fights back against her forces; however if he doesn't kill her before sunrise, he will become her slave permanently. And even then, Cole is unable to resist his thirst for blood, so he's forced to prey on innocent people until he can remove his curse.
- Villain Teleportation: All of the vampires (except for the infected citizens who got bitten by Firstborns) can quickly move around by changing into a shadowy flock of bats and flying/teleporting from place to place. Cole himself can fly around the city as long as his blood meter is filled up.
- Viral Transformation: Obviously, the vampires increase their numbers by turning humans into more of them. However, it seems that humans will only transform if a vampire quickly bites them or only partially drains their blood (like what Mary did to Cole, or what the Firstborns do with the civilians they attack); if a person is completely drained dry, they simply drop dead (whenever Cole or most vampires feed on people, they never turn).
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The Firstborns have the ability to disguise themselves as random civilians to blend in on the streets. Cole can detect them with his Vampire Sense and instantly kill them by staking them in the back, however any other attack will simply cause them to revert to their true forms and start fighting him.
The newly-resurrected leader of the New Marais vampires, Bloody Mary is the main villain of Festival of Blood, and directly responsible for transforming Cole into a vampire. Taking advantage of Pyre Night to allow her coven to feed on the locals without repercussions, she's also hoping to mold Cole into her slave by the next sunrise...
- A God Am I: She proclaims that humans should be grateful for the "purpose" they provide whenever she drains or converts them, and directly compares herself to God at one point.
- Back from the Dead: She was burned to death by Father Ignatius in the 19th century, however her corpse is brought back to (un)life when her fellow vampires give Mary some of Cole's potent conduit blood to consume, causing her to fully regenerate.
- Big Bad: She's the main villain and Final Boss of Festival of Blood.
- Burn the Witch!: After being captured by Father Ignatius during the backstory, she was burned at the stake.
- Despair Event Horizon: Arguably the worst of her villainy began around the time Marco was killed.
- Embarrassing Nickname: She tells Cole that she actually hates being called "Bloody Mary".
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Marco, the vampire who turned her and her partner in carnage. His death provoked genuine grief in Mary — and then resulted in her ascending to new heights of villainy.
- Evil Brit: She apparently came to America only after spending a few decades traveling across Europe and killing people over there.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: She cannot understand why Cole wants to kill her, after she gave him the "gift" of being a vampire, and soon will become her eternal slave.
- Evil Mentor: She serves as one to Cole and other recently-transformed vampires, eagerly explaining to them how their new vampire abilities work.
- Evil Redhead: Her hair is red, which matches her great thirst for blood.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Her backstory reveals that, prior to becoming a vampire, she was a gentle governess who adored children. Unfortunately, she caught smallpox from one of them and fell fatally ill. A secretly vampiric admirer named Marco turned her into a vampire on her deathbed, and they swept across Europe like a plague together.
- Fully-Embraced Fiend: She believes being a vampire is absolutely awesome, and only sees humans as being food.
- Kick the Dog: Her teachings reveal that she's engaged in a lot of this over her long life. Mary has absolutely no qualms about eating innocent people, and enjoys playing sadistic games with her victims (like turning people into vampires and then siccing them on their own family members).
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Other teachings reveal that she enjoyed doing this as well. She once turned a boat full of slaves into vampires, and then set them on the slaver shipping them. Another time, she accepted sacrifices of ten people a day from one man in exchange for his continued life; he eventually came up short by three, whereupon she killed his wife and two daughters to make up the difference, and allowed him to live one day longer to "enjoy" his part of the bargain.
- Kill It with Fire: How she was killed the first time. Thanks to Zeke and some white phosphorus, this is also how she dies in the ending of the game.
- Naked on Revival: She transitions from shriveled corpse to womanly curves upon draining Cole's blood, and does not gain clothes during the change (but finds herself a gown some point after).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Seemingly common to most vampires (including Cole), but hers are especially noticeable because she has few other monstrous characteristics.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: During the backstory, Mary waged one of these against Father Ignatius for killing Marco. Then after her resurrection in the present day, she plans to get revenge on New Marais for her death centuries ago, by planting white phosphorus firebombs to burn the whole city to the ground, and then picking off the survivors or turning them into more vampires.
- Unholy Matrimony: Herself and Marco, before he was staked by Father Ignatius.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: She was once a gentle, kind governess who adored children. Nowadays, shes pretty much the exact opposite.
- Vampire Monarch: She's the queen of a vampire coven in New Marais.
- Villain Teleportation: In a cloud of bats and red smoke, as a standard vampire power.
- Villainous Crush: She has some shades of this towards Cole. Then again, she could just be trying to mess with him.
- We Can Rule Together: Around the time Cole becomes too powerful for her to easily stop, she begins making offers along these lines; given that Cole had to spend the previous eight hours listening to her gloat over how she was going to dress him up in a pea coat once she had control over his mind, he declines.
- Would Hurt a Child: She makes no age-based distinctions for her victims, and has happily killed or turned numerous children. One of her stories even recounts how she preyed upon all the young parishioners of a priest. Rather ironic, given that taking care of children was her job as a human.
Father IgnatiusThe priest responsible for killing Bloody Mary after her first rampage. Though he's only seen in flashbacks, he becomes vital to defeating the vampires — the only weapon powerful enough to destroy Mary once and for all is his legendary Barbed Cross.
- The Atoner: After failing to save Mary from being transformed into a vampire on her deathbed, Ignatius dedicated himself to killing Marco and turning Mary back into a human. Unfortunately, because he failed to do so on Mary's first night as a vampire, he only ended up turning her into an even bigger menace than before, forcing Ignatius to atone for that, too.
- Badass Mustache: Even Zeke notices it.
- Badass Normal: He wasn't a conduit or any kind of superhuman, but he was good at slaying vampires.
- Badass Preacher: He was inspired by his faith to hunt down those demonic blood-suckers.
- Meaningful Name: "Ignatius". Ignition. Fire. And he's honored on Pyre Night.
- Posthumous Character: He's been dead for well over a century or two.
- Tired of Running: On the receiving end of Mary's Roaring Rampage of Revenge for decades, Ignatius finally stopped running from her in New Marais, where he turned the tables on her with the Barbed Cross and an enormous mob of angry citizens wielding Torches and Pitchforks.
A girl whom Zeke tries to seduce at a bar. When she rejects his attempt at flirting, he instead tries to impress her with a story (that he made up on the spot) about Cole turning into a vampire (thus narrating the whole plot of Festival of Blood).
- Did Not Get the Girl: Unsurprisingly, Zeke still failed to hook up with her in the end. In fact, the story he told only made Cole seem much more attractive to her.
- Face-Revealing Turn: As she walks out of the bar with Cole, Cat turns her face back to Zeke, baring her vampiric fangs at him.
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a skimpy shirt which shows off her cleavage and midriff. It's no wonder why she drew Zeke's attention.