One of the most (in)famous Ask a Pony blogs on tumblr. Written and drawn by Jitterbug Jive, Discorded Whooves follows the adventures of everyone's favorite Time Lord-turned-pony, the Doctor, after having been discorded, leaving him a sarcastic, womanizing, alcoholic, physically abusive asshole. At least at first.
As well as Ask Discord Whooves itself, the story has since grown to include many other blogs (of varying quality) told from alternate POVs that intersect with the main story, as well as several Alternate Universe blogs.
- Ask the Time Master - A blog starring this universe's Master, which also provides a lot of backstory and worldbuilding for the pony universe.
- Ask Lovestruck Derpy - A prequel about Derpy and the Doctor's adventures together before their encounter with Discord.
- Torchwood V - A blog starring this universe's Torchwood team and Captain Jack, following on from after the Doctor shot him.
- Ask Miss Twilight Sparkle - A somewhat grimdark blog starring this universe's Twilight Sparkle, who is also the discorded Doctor's lover.
- Ask Minuette - A blog starring a mysterious mare from the Doctor's past (hasn't had a real update in over a year).
- Ask Dalek Sha - A blog starring a strange dalek who shows up in the Discorded Whooves universe from time to time.
- Doctor Rorschach - A blog for the Doctor's therapist, who also has sessions with Derpy and the Master.
- The Perry Doctor - A blog starring "Perry", originally a Joke Character from an April Fools' post that was revealed to be All Just a Dream, but who now exists as a living entity in the dream world. Has since crossed over into the Zerum universe.
- Order Zerum - A very NSFW Alternate Universe blog, showing what would've happened if the Doctor had tried to resist the discording more.
- Ask Master of Zerum - An also NSFW blog starring the Zerum universe's version of Discord.
- Ask the Puppets - A text blog set in the Zerum universe starring Discord's other slaves (Also has not updated in a long time).
- Bedeviled Derpy - An alternate universe blog where Derpy gets discorded instead of the Doctor.
Characters from Discorded Whooves have also appeared in several crossover blogs, including:
- The Vocational Death Cruise - In which the Doctor and the Master were both among the invitees.
- Docs in a Box - A crossover between various Doctor Whooves blogs which includes both Dissy and Perry.
- Not the Doctors - A villainous version of Docs in a Box starring ponified Doctor Who villains, which includes both the Master and the Valeyard from the Discorded Whooves universe.
- Maddening Chaos - A blog set sometime after Docs in a Box starring just Dissy and Mad Doctor Whooves by themselves, dwelling on their long and idyllic relationship.
Not listed here is a Valeyard and Octavia blog set in the main universe, which the mod has requested readers not to link to to keep it "secret".
This tumblr contains examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Despite being a complete Jerkass whose antics include beating Derpy to a pulp (which sent her to the hospital), sleeping with her nurse and her best friend just to spite her, and possibly being an alcoholic, Discord Whooves has both Miss Twilight Sparkle and Laura the Zony in love with him. And they're both aware of his actions. Though to be fair, this probably has more to do with the mods of both blogs being friends in real life with Discord Whoove's mod.
- Armor-Piercing Question: How Discord ultimately defeated the Doctor and caused him to become Discorded:Discord: So after all of this, I only have one question for you: Doctor 'Who?'
Doctor: I... I don't know.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: A constant theme.
- The Chess Master: Discord gives off this vibe.
- Crapsack World: Equestria is really down in the dumps. Rather than just a single day of chaos, Discord's release in this universe resulted in a cataclysmic war that left thousands dead, the land blasted and barren, and the Princesses completely unable to do anything about it due to the war having severely weakened them.
- Continuity Porn: Oh you have no idea.
- Up to Eleven when Jack shows up.
- Crossover: The blog itself is a crossover between Doctor Who and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. As stated above, there's a massive Intercontinuity Crossover spanning multiple blogs. Outside of that, however, there's the crossover between Discorded Whooves, Miss Twilight Sparkle, and Pregnant Scootaloo.
- Dirty Cop: Arguably Warden, see Knight Templar below.
- Driven to Suicide: Miss Twilight Sparkle nearly killed herself due to how hopeless the situation in Ponyville has become, but thankfully Dissy saved her and convinced her not to do any more attempts.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Ponyville, at least from Miss Twilight's perspective. Rainbow Dash was murdered and cannibalized by Pinkie Pie, who never stopped laughing psychotically after being found out, even as the gullotine came down on her head. Dash's death caused Fluttershy to suffer a mental breakdown resulting in her hanging herself. The only ones of the Mane Six left alive are Applejack, whose become an alcoholic sociopath, Rarity, whose become a sadomasochist, and Twilight herself, who has been so thoroughly broken by what she's gone through that she suffered from suicidal depression until Dissy entered her life.
- Fisher Kingdom: Deconstructed. While ponification is possible... it doesn't mean you can survive the process. ...unless you're a Time Lord.
- Foreshadowing: Everything, potentially. The mod apparently has the story laid out start to finish, and even the slightest reference can be this or Chekhov's Gun. More concretely, anyone following the secret blog knows that the string of Ponyville murders foreshadow The Reveal of the Valeyard.
- Gender Bender: Dissy once had a run-in with poison joke, causing him to turn into a mare for a period of time.
- Great Offscreen War: What Discord's release from his prison resulted in this world. Equestria is still struggling to recover.
- Hope Spot: A combination of Jack's appearance and Twilight being left with Pregnant Scootaloo's baby to care for. The Doctor manages to make good work in breaking his Discording. Then the Doctor meets Derpy again and Discord starts messing with the asks.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: After he sees Minuette outside of a hospital, he runs into the TARDIS and begins breaking down, culminating with him needing a bloody drink.
- Innocent Innuendo: During their trip to the PUniverse, Captain Jack spends some time flirting with a librarian, while Dissy pays a visit to that universe's Twilight. When Jack comes back to Twilight's library, he finds a closed sign affixed to the door, so he listens in. Inside, he hears Twilight shouting things like, "it's so long!" and "faster!" which cause him to pop a wingboner, when in reality, all that's happening is that Dissy's using the Time Lord perk of being able to read through a book by merely thumbing through the pages.
- Interface Screw: Discord's spell has recently begun altering and outright DESTROYING asks to ensure Dissy acts exactly as Discord wants him to.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Dissy is sarcastic, mean-spirited, and a womanizer. But he can't leave a child and baby to die.
- No wonder. His body is fighting against the discording, after all.
- Justfor Pun: Enforced on the Doctor once he enters the Punverse.
- Killed Off for Real: Amy and Rory.
- Knight Templar: Warden is obsessed with pinning everything that goes wrong in Ponyville on Dissy, even in cases where he can't possibly be the culprit. Its been hinted at that he was like this even before Dissy was Discorded.
- Mind Rape: Runs all over this blog.
- Morality Pet: Miss Twilight Sparkle and, more recently, Jack Harkness.
- Never My Fault: Part of the reason Dissy is such an asshole is because he believes everyone close to him, especially Ditzy, up and abandoned him when he needed them the most. Naturally, this attitude is due to Discord's spell.
- Oh, Crap!: Jack has this when the Dissy starts tapping out four drumbeats. Just like the Master.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: It's strongly implied that Sparkler and Dinky are clones of the Doctor, being the pony versions to Jenny.
- The Resenter: Ananta is not happy that Jack has become a resident, presumably due to his paradox-fueled immortality.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: Dinky saves her mother with some seriously powerful magic.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Sparkler who acts more like a young filly and Dinky who acts more like an adult mare.
- Take That!: Dissy did not like My Little Dashie. Also an Author Filibuster as it's Jitter's actual opinion of the fic.
- Wham Episode: There have been several, including:
- Dissy finally snapping and beating Ditzy to within an inch of her life.
- The appearance of Ananta, the personification of the TARDIS' soul.
- The sudden appearance of a Serial Killer who slashes unicorns' throats and steals their horns.
- The appearance of pony!Jack Harkness.
- The reveal of when this diverged from canon "Doctor Who".
- The Daleks show up, the Master makes a reappearance, and Jack gets Discorded.
- Followed by the Doctor becoming more Discorded than he originally was, shooting Jack, and shoving him out of the TARDIS.
- Wham Shot: In some ways, literally◊.
- Wretched Hive: This version of Ponyville is a violent, depressing, crime-infested hellhole. Mayor Mare has actually abdicated in disgrace due to how bad things have gotten.