—Many, many characters in these cartoons
is a German low budget animation studio that has been in existence since the 1990s. Its movies are knockoffs of well known movies, many of them Disney. Unusually, when translated into English, its movies were sold as games, appearing on the PS1
despite the only game portion being puzzle sections. On the PS1
these were published by Midas, and on PS2
by Phoenix Games. The company does not appear to have made any movies for years, but its website is still in operation.Some traits of Dingo Pictures cartoons:
- Most of them have only two voice actors - one male and one female. In some cartoons, there's only 1 voice actor.
- Numerous characters often start laughing randomly and silently.
- Dingo Pictures cartoons are based on Disney or Pixar (or other famous) cartoons or public domain stories with which Disney has made adaptations.
- Most of the animal characters are recycled from cartoon to cartoon. Same to bases of human characters.
- They also recycle the backgrounds and background music a lot.
- The words "rubbish", "hell", and "damn" are very commonly used.
See also Video Brinquedo
and Spark Plug Entertainment
for their computer animation
counterparts.The Flash Tub
has parodied their style a number of times
Their works include:
Another "Hercules" cartoon (Legend of Herkules), not made by Dingo Pictures, was released by Phoenix Games, as were the works "Mighty Mulan", "Peter Pan", and "Cinderella".
These animations provide examples of: