Funny: Dingo Pictures
open/close all folders
- The characters saying "damn" and "hell," despite being in cartoons made for kids.
- The (over)use of "Rubbish!"
- According to Dingo Pictures' official website, they can offer help with animation and have licensing to rights for video-on-demand and DVD distribution. Just think about this for a moment.
- It's no secret that Dingo Pictures makes their films on a really tight budget. What made this funny is whenever they try to animate more complex scenes with their limitations, they pulled a lot of shortcuts which made those moments unintentionally hilarious. Some of these examples include characters skipping over rocks, falling down a pit, or riding on a magic carpet.
- At many points in the movies you can see how characters and objects are cut off at the sides of the monitor. Also, often you can see parts of another background behind the actual background.
- Often, the narrator tells things that don't happen onscreen. Maybe they did that so that they could avoid the animation.
- You would also notice that in the dubs, the spoken lines don't sync up with the animation at all. Why is that? It's because they're recording their lines as they're watching the film live. This is hinted in some films where the voice actors either stutter or interrupted each other. Funnily enough, this doesn't happen in the original German version.
- Also, in various films that were dubbed into English, there are some characters that was obviously voiced by a woman. It's not like the voice actor did it so well you couldn't tell, you can easily pick up that it's a woman who voiced her lines in a deeper pitch.
- The opening song:
- The guy who bobs his head from left to right.
- The monkey's (lack of) dance moves. It just stomps in place while swinging its arms.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: If you look in the background during the crowd shots with the old man, you can actually see Aladin is one of those who is listening!
- The song Soraya sings when she first appears sounds pretty corny.
- It doesn't just sound corny, the German lyrics are just laughable bad and unimaginative
- Like every other song in this movie, by the way.
- At one point in "Aladin" one of the character's speaker stops mid-sentence to turn the page noisily. He then continues as if nothing happened.
- All voice actors in "Aladin" are actually just horrible. They just read their sentences without any emotions and their English is dreadful as well. It sounds more like a bad school project than like an actual movie.
- "I didn't know you knew so much nice poopholes."
- How Anastasia’s name is pronounced: Anna-STAH-see-ah, instead of the common Anna-stay-see-ah.
- It is actually the German way to pronounce "Anastasia". Why they still pronounced it German in the dubbed version remains a mystery.
Animal Soccer World
- "Big Round of applause for unbelievable porn!"
- The rocker-geese. Some of them even have rivets on their teats. And this is supposed to be a movie for children.
- At one point in the movie, two bears start talking to each other, and after the conversation, one of them blurts out "MmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm" for no reason whatsoever.
- "What's this, ladies and gentlemen- GAY ARSE ANARCHY!"
- The glory that is Ambulance Duck.
- Cree decides to break Tio’s egg open with a hammer.
- Tio’s egg hatching sounds like someone ripping paper apart.
- Tio’s Dad shouting, “Look here, everyone! It’s a boy, and a really big one!”
- How Tio gets his name:
Tio’s Mom: If he was a girl, I would’ve named her Tia.Tio’s Dad: But, guessing that he’s a boy, his name is Tio!
- Tio's parents are shown to be unoriginal at best, and it gets worse when they have a second son that they call Tio II.
- Tio II's existence in general, as it implies that Tio's parents gave up looking for Tio and had another baby to act as a replacement for Tio.
- The duck who serves as narrator has some of the most unusual poses when she narrates. At one point, she’s laying on her back with her legs parted.
- Her voice certainly doesn't help things.
- The voice of Tio's father is also hilarious. He always sounds pissed off.
- Kree's constant snarky remarks at the other characters.
- When Tio falls from a rock while trying to learn to fly and lies unconscious on the ground, Cree taps hardly on Tio's head trying to wake him up. It sounds as if he is tapping on an upside down plastic pot.
- "Why in the name of...Tyrannosaurus Rex does it work for you but not for me?"
- "Tio's trying to learn to fly, that's what made him cry."
- "Shut up, Peek! You're a freak!"
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- The nuns who find the infant Quasimodo. They stare for a few seconds before screaming.
- "He could still feel the vibration of the bells and that was enough to make him happy."
- "Why don't you get lost you locust from Egypt?"
- "You is the pope of fools!"
Lion and the King & Son of the Lion King
- "Your father the Black Panther is your father?"
- "The diamonds, My God!"
- "Hmmm, I don't know. I think we should be enemies."
- "Robin! Mew Mew! Are you dead?"
- "Shut up, Dundee."
- Mrs. MacDonald’s car goes only two miles per hour.
- “Lucy and Lionel were glad because Mrs. MacDonald had a conveeerrrtible, so they didn’t nnnnotice the great heat too much...”
- “I can’t find my damn hairbrush!”
- Lucy and Charlie go off with a rabbit to find turnips, and happily feast on carrots.
- There is a Best Western Hotel that Mrs. MacDonald drives by.
- Mrs. MacDonald tells Lucy not to cause any "troubles."
- Again, the songs are just horrible bad.
- In a scene with Mr Crunchbone you can see how a living insect crawls over the upper right corner of the screen. To manage that in an animated movie, they had to film the movie with a separate camera from another screen. Good job!
- When an Indian gets shot, they forgot to dub Pocahontas, so she is still shouting "NEIN, NEIN" in German.
- The movie title is misspelled on some covers, for example on the Swedish ones, where they wrote Pochahontas.
- The Flash Tub parodies of the movies seen here done by Something Awful user Shmorky: Woody's Race, Titanic and Pokemon.
- The quotes take the cake as well
- "Hey Woody!"
- "You will marry a very wich wich Norwegian!"
- "You are so bad you should play for Latvia!" "Go fuck yourself!"
- "I guess you could say, 'There's a little skeleton inside all of us.'"
- The quotes take the cake as well
- For the people who can speak Swedish: The film reviews by the Swedish YouTube channel Monte Fjanton of Dingo Pictures' movies Goldie, Wabuu, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas and Animal Soccer are hilarious.