- Resident EvilIntroducing
- Resident Evil 2Introducing
- Resident Evil 3: NemesisIntroducing
- Resident Evil Gun Survivor Introducing
- Resident Evil – Code: VeronicaIntroducing
- Resident Evil 0Introducing
- Resident Evil OutbreakIntroducing
- Resident Evil 4Introducing
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella ChroniclesIntroducing
- Resident Evil: DegenerationIntroducing
- Resident Evil 5Introducing
- Resident Evil: The Darkside ChroniclesIntroducing
- Resident Evil: RevelationsIntroducing
- Resident Evil 6Introducing
- Resident Evil: DamnationIntroducing
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Introducing
- Resident Evil: The Marhawa Desire
- Resident Evil 7: biohazard
- Resident Evil: Vendetta
open/close all folders
Umbrella Security Service
- Bad Ass Crew: Holding their own against hundreds of Umbrella's finest bioweapons for ten hours straight while receiving no casualties whatsoever is nothing short of remarkable.
- Evil Counterpart: To their Echo 6 counterparts.
- Faceless Goons: All the squad members have some form of face concealment.
- Gas Mask Mooks: Usually by way of respirator masks; which is justified by the fact that the T-Virus can go airborne under certain conditions.
- Hired Guns
- Multinational Team: Lupo is French, Vector is Japanese, Four-eyes is Japanese-American, Bertha is German, Beltway is Puerto-rican and Spectre is Russian.
- Villain Protagonist: Operation Raccoon City's marketing centered around them, with press detailed around them. Although you can make them pull a Heel–Face Turn at the end.
- The Psycho Rangers: To Echo 6. Each of the members has a specialty that is mirrored by a member of Echo 6 in a less sociopathic way.
- "Who do we kill next?"Role: Recon
- The Apprentice: To HUNK
- *Click* Hello: Pulls on off in the Triple Impact Trailer.
- In the Hood
- Invisibility Cloak: His signature ability. Does not work on B.O.W's, though.
- Knife Nut
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Unlike his team members, his true name is never given, only his call sign. He probably got the idea from his mentor.
Vladimir Bodrovski callsign: SPECTRE
- "I can see... everything..."Role: Surveillance
- Cold Sniper
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Abilities include threat scanning, biothermal vision (ability to pick out human and other targets from crowds), and sonar vision alongside passive item and enemy proximity detection.
- No Party Like a Donner Party: Implied in this little tidbit from Mission 2:Vector: "Ugh... Looks like they were eating each other..."Spectre: "Try surviving Soviet winter. Maybe you won't be so quick to judge."
- Sinister Surveillance
- Verbal Tic: Speaks with frequent mid-sentence...pauses. Even when they don't make...much sense. Matter of fact, he talks so slowly that in the ending where Leon is saved, mission control begins talking over him before Spectre's done talking.
Hector Hivers callsign: BELTWAY
- "This was supposed to be fun!"Role: Demolition
Michaela Schneider callsign: BERTHA
- "This will only hurt a moment!"Role: Medic
Christine Yamata callsign: FOUR EYES
- "This is all so fascinating..."Role: Field Scientist
- Asian and Nerdy
- The Beast Master: Can control BOWs with her special abilities for a short amount of time.
- The Corrupter: Induce Infection has a chance to infect humans, including Player Characters, and turn them into Crimson Heads on your side.
- For Science!
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: It's mentioned that due to her extreme interest in science as a child, she never developed the social skills to operate successfully later in life.
- Lack of Empathy
- Non-Indicative Name: She calls herself FOUR EYES, but is one of the team members without any goggles.
- Peek-a-Bangs: A mild case of Improbable Hair Style when you can wade through zombies and explosions for hours on end and still have great hair.
- Playing with Syringes
- Science Villain Protagonist: As mentioned above, her skillset revolves around Playing with Syringes; and she is set to spawn with SAW-type weapons if your character doesn't.
Karena Les Proux callsign: LUPO
- "We take our chances."Role: Assault
- An Axe to Grind
- Mama Bear: to both the team and her own children. She's even called "Wolf Mother". In her backstory, she was married to an abusive husband, and put up with it until he turned his abuse on one of their children, after which she snapped and killed him with her bare hands.
- Meaningful Name: her name means "wolf" in Italian.
- Name's the Same: Through what is almost certainly a complete coincidence, Lupo shares her nickname with a BSAA field agent from Wildstorm's relatively obscure 2008 Resident Evil six-issue limited series.
- Punch Clock Villain: Holds no particular loyalty to Umbrella, and only fights for them to support her family.
- Team Mom
- Token Good Teammate: At least, less mentally unstable than the other USS soldiers.
- "Government forces have already entered the area. Do not let them secure evidence!"
- Ax-Crazy: He is incredibly mentally unstable and a hair trigger away from cracking completely.
- Big Bad: Wolfpack is essentially a team of Co-Dragons, this nasty piece of shit is the main, true bad guy of the game.
- Bad Boss: Up to an including abandoning the Wolfpack to die.
- Evil Brit: Judging from his accent.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: All it takes is one failed order for them to go from instructive and authoritarian to Ax-Crazy.
- Mission Control
- The Sociopath: Cruel, malicious, has a disturbing Lack of Empathy, and quite low functioning considering that he doesn't even bother with trying to be Affably Evil or even Faux Affably Evil. His You Have Failed Me on the team also lets in on the fact that he sees them as tools to be discarded on a whim if they fail to live up to perfect standards.
- You Have Failed Me
Government Spec Ops / Echo 6
- Action Survivor: You wouldn't know it to look at them, but a lot of their training is in domestic situations (Dee-Ay and to some extent Harley being exempted), and it's unclear just how much field and combat experience Party Girl, Shona, and Tweed have. As a whole, they're a little less hardened than the USS strike team.
- For instance, Party Girl is clearly flagging by the end of the campaign and everyone wants to get out of dodge; in-game dialogue will have them fearful and confused at a few points, and they have little to no idea what to do with the zombie apocalypse. That said, the hail of bullets you're likely pumping out renders this trope all but invisible.
- Distaff Counterpart: It seems that their sniper, heavy weapons person, and stealth expert are female, and their leader, medic, and scientist are male; this is the opposite for the USS team.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Unlike the USS Squad, nobody on the Spec Ops team is wearing face masks or helmets.
- Miles to Go Before I Sleep: Echo Six wants out after finally evacuating Leon, Claire, and Sherry. Unfortunately, Command needs them for further missions and reluctantly orders them to stay behind to continue fighting in Raccoon City.
Crispin Jettingham callsign: DEE-AY
- "Working as a team... that's the only way out of here."Role: Assault
- The Ace: He's been a soldier so long, he has experience with just about any weapon and the know-how to handle any combat situation.
- The Captain: He acts as one, though its unclear what his actual rank is.
- Child Soldiers: Or so it is implied.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a small one below his right eye.
- The Leader: Levelheaded variation.
- Nerves of Steel: Due to the sheer amount of experience in combat that he has. The Spec Ops trailer shows that blown to hell, though.
- Oh, Crap!: He has two great ones in the Triple Impact teaser trailer.
- Straight Gay: You wouldn't know it from anything that happens in the game, but according to his creator, his callsign stands for "Don't Ask."
- Super Soldier: All his abilities sort of veer in that direction, including one by that very name.
- Word of Gay
Erez Morris callsign: HARLEY
- "I don't get paid enough for this."Role: Medic
- Badass Biker: His background
- The Big Guy
- Character Development: Harley found his calling as a healer rather than a fighter during the Gulf War, and gained with it no small amount of compassion.
- Cool Shades: Wears them backwards, for some odd reason.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was about to be sent to jail before he joined the army.
- The Medic
- Combat Medic: Just as likely to throw-down.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his experience with violence, the army brought forth a facility for medicine and for helping others. To everyone's surprise, he eventually became a leader in those fields.
- No One Gets Left Behind: A philosophy he developed while in the Gulf War.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Comes with being a biker.
Lawrence Kimbala callsign: SHONA
- "Move quickly; they are vulnerable!"Role: Field Scientist
- Dark and Troubled Past: Looking at the amount of scars he has, and that he grew up in war-torn Zimbabwe.
- Eye Scream: His right eye is gray and likely blind, as a scar runs over it.
- Harmful to Minors: He was dealing with corpses since he was a kid.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: His head is covered in some notably long ones.
- Playing with Syringes
- Start of Darkness: It's unclear just where his morals lie, but while at Harvard, his interests changed from curing diseases to manipulating viruses.
- Token Evil Teammate: He's a little bit more amoral than the rest of Echo Six, being similar to Four-Eyes in character.
Marisa Ronson callsign: TWEED
- "Quiet... second only to the sound of a deafening explosion."''Role: Demolition
- Action Bomb: Some of her abilities make it a viable-ish strategy, devastatingly useful when cornered but very risky.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In her backstory, she dropped off the radar after a demo-job with SIS went pie-shaped before the US managed to coax her out of retirement.
- Secret Intelligence Service: According to background info, she's on loan from them.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: The reason for the above Screw This, I'm Outta Here!. She's more or less over it during the game, though.
- Small Girl, Big Gun
Carolyn Floyd callsign: WILLOW
- "Why are we twiddling with our guns? Let's go!"Role: Recon
- Injun Country: She grew up alone on a reservation, and learned combat and stealth there before she was ever in the military, which she joined straight out of high-school.
- Knife Nut: In the Triple Impact Trailer, she stabs the hell out of a Licker.
- Does Not Like Guns: Which started out when she threw aside a presumably perfectly functional assault rifle just to knife the thing to death.
- Actually, if you look carefully, the Licker snagged her rifle with its tongue and yanked it out of her hands. Although this is probably why she went for her knife rather than her pistol.
- The Perfectionist: Possibly as a result of growing up in harsh conditions, she is always keeping her skills sharp.
Sienna Fowler callsign: PARTY GIRL
- "Some party this turned out to be."Role: Surveillance
- Candid Camera Prank: Her specialty in her youth; she apparently threw wild parties for the upper-elite class and sold the footage to the highest bidders (it's unclear whether it was useful intelligence on those tapes or...something else). Regardless, she outsmarted some actual surveillance experts and was recruited afterwards.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Friendly Sniper: To counter Spectre, she's a lot more upbeat. It's even in her name.
- Fun Personified
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit features this, which is odd, considering the US Military doesn't allow that in real life.
- "There's more than just the common cold going around down there."
- Big Damn Heroes:Spec Ops Command: ECHO SIX: A Paracelsus Rail Gun is arriving in 3...2...1...
- Benevolent Boss: Compared to USS command, who's a cruel, malicious lunatic, he's quite affectionate towards his team and also helps them rather than spur them on with threats of death.
- Big Good: He's the main driving force behind the Spec Ops missions to rescue survivors caught in the infected zone that is now Raccoon City.
- Deep South: Judging from his accent
- Mission Control
- Reasonable Authority Figure: In stark contrast to USS command, Spec Ops mission control works with the team and is willing to bend mission objectives if it means saving a few lives.
- Southern-Fried Genius: He handles all the intel and is quick with the mission directives. All with a soothing southern accent.