Characters: Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
This page is for characters introduced in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles only. For characters in other games or films in the game continuity, go to their respective debut media.
- Resident EvilIntroducing
- Resident Evil 2Introducing
- Resident Evil 3: NemesisIntroducing
- Resident Evil Gun Survivor Introducing
- Resident Evil: Code: VeronicaIntroducing
- Resident Evil 0Introducing
- Resident Evil OutbreakIntroducing
- Resident Evil 4Introducing
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella ChroniclesIntroducing
- Resident Evil: DegenerationIntroducing
- Resident Evil 5Introducing
- Resident Evil: RevelationsIntroducing
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon CityIntroducing
- Resident Evil 6Introducing
- Resident Evil: DamnationIntroducing
open/close all folders
Voiced By: Ulises CuadroA drug lord running a small empire somewhere in the South American jungle. Hidalgo purchased a sample of the T-Veronica virus and unleashed several B.O.W.s on the surrounding villages, leading to Leon Kennedy and Jack Krauser getting sent in to investigate.
- Anti-Villain: He just wants to save his daughter, by harvesting the organs of kidnapped girls and implanting them in his daughter, which he pulls off with his tyrannical drug empire.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Javier merges with the Veronica plant growing in his garden and turns into a monster taller than his compound.
- Big Bad: Of Darkside Chronicles.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Javier started working with Umbrella because he hoped they would find a cure for his daughter's illness.
- Knight Templar Parent: To save Manuela's life, Javier infected his daughter with a virus that causes horrific mutations. To counteract the mutations, Javier harvested organs from girls and implanted them in Manuela.
- One-Winged Angel: See Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever.
- When Trees Attack
Voiced By: Amy Correa Bell
The daughter of the drug lord Javier Hidalgo. Kept alive by the T-Veronica virus, she is rescued by Leon and Krauser during the prequel story in Darkside Chronicles.
- Awesomeness Is Volatile: Too much blood loss, such as from tossing out bloody fireballs, and she'll incinerate herself.
- Achey Scars: Repeatedly throughout Darkside Chronicles, she clutches her arm in pain.
- Bad Powers, Good People: She's definitely good, but this series is notorious for having people who augment their bodies or gain special abilities as being evil.
- Beneficial Disease: The t-Veronica Virus cured her original illness and gave her fire powers, as long as she doesn't abuse them she'll be fine.
- Blessed with Suck: Sure, her powers are cool and effective... for ten minutes. Any more than that, and they'll kill her.
- Bloody Murder: Fire blood.
- Body Horror: Her right arm is necrotic. When unleashing her powers, it appears to be stripped down to the bone.
- Bodyguard Crush: She really does like Leon.
- Character Development: Becomes more proactive throughout The Darkside Chronicles. By the end, she comes to understand herself and her powers better, learning how to hold on to her soul and maintain control of herself by embracing both humanity and the pain that comes with it.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: She wears all white. She's naturally the '"pure" character in Darkside Chronicles.
- Damsel in Distress: She has the sense to break out and run for the heroes, though.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Throughout The Darkside Chronicles, we are shown numerous examples where virus infectees meet very messy ends. The end of The Darkside Chronicles says that Manuela coexists stably with the Veronica virus and is no longer terminally ill, very likely as a result of her personal growth.
- Eleventh Hour Ranger: She's been with you for a while, but she'll join the fight against the final boss with her powers. She'll do most of the damage too, if you let her.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Unleashes the powers granted to her by the Veronica virus right before the final boss fight. She's able to toss her blood out as large explosive fireballs, vastly speeding up the process of whittling down the final boss.
- Foil: To Alexia Ashford, especially as she is presented in The Darkside Chronicles. Both are Veronica virus infectees with similar powers, coexisting with the virus, but are at polar opposites on the morality globe.
- Freaky Is Cool: Krauser thinks so, at least.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- The Ingenue: She is soft-spoken as all get-out, but also intelligent and highly courageous. The naivety fades out as she comes to develop her own philosophy regarding the Veronica virus and its gifts, which certainly serves her better than everyone else who tried to use it for power.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Ill Girl: Originally.
- Leitmotif: She even sings it.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Right before the final boss, she decides to quit sitting back, finally allowing herself to use her zombie superpowers.
- Mafia Princess: Not the Mafia, but a criminal's daughter nonetheless.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: With regards to her father, Javier Hidalgo, a drug lord and bioterrorist.
- Playing with Fire
- Red Right Hand: The bandages on her arm are covering scarring that is from her infection with the T-Veronica Virus.
- Scars Are Forever: Averted in the bad ending. Just before she dies, her arm heals up.
- Sweet and Sour Grapes: The essence of her relationship with the T-Virus within her. If the pain of living sickly gets too much, she can just let go and become a monster—that's the very basis of the T-virus, as Darkside Chronicles shows again and again. It is withstanding pain and holding on to both the good and bad in life that allows her to live with the virus, and Krauser and Leon's faith in her gives her a reason to do so.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Somewhat discussed in Darkside Chronicles. Leon's only heard of psychos wanting the Veronica Virus or people horribly mutating if they were forced to contract it. He expresses shock that it was used as a treatment. Once he adjusts, though, he shoots down Krauser's idea that they should kill her before she becomes a threat.
- Woman in White: Runs around the entire game in a tattered white bloodstained mini dress.