This page is for characters introduced in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
only. For characters in other games or films in the game continuity, go to their respective debut media.
open/close all folders
Colonel Sergei Vladimir
"All for Umbrella!"
A former Soviet colonel, Sergei Vladimir is Umbrella's chief of security, and following the company's collapse, its acting CEO. As Spencer's right-hand man, Sergei is privy to most of the company's secrets, and specializes in keeping them that way. Characterized by his Undying Loyalty
, he has a strong rivalry with the treacherous
Albert Wesker. He is the main antagonist of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
- Badass Longcoat: His greatcoat is very badass.
- Big Bad: Of Umbrella Chronicles (unless you wanna give that role to Wesker).
- Cleanup Crew: Controls the Umbrella Security Service and Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, who both specialise in cleaning up/hiding the evidence of Umbrella's screw-ups.
- Colonel Badass
- Dirty Commies: If his constantly addressing you as "Comrade" is any tipoff.
- He was a former Soviet military officer. Obviously, the collapse of the Soviet Union left him without a job until Spencer hired him.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Spencer's still nominally in control of the organisation, but Sergei is the one who is actually running the show.
- Empowered Badass Normal: He was elite Russian military long before he became Umbrella's first Tyrant.
- Eviler than Thou: With Wesker, to see who will control Umbrella's future.
- Final Boss: Of Umbrella Chronicles, following his mutation into some sort of hideous Tyrant.
- Foil: To Wesker. They're both mutant gunmen entrusted to do Ozwell Spencer's bidding, but Sergei remains The Dragon to Wesker's Chronic Backstabbing Disorder-afflicted Wild Card. He'd be Wesker's Evil Counterpart if the latter weren't already a Villain Protagonist.
- Former Regime Personnel: Recruited by Umbrella following the collapse of the USSR.
- Genius Bruiser: Sergei's far from stupid; in fact, the entire T.A.L.O.S. design was his idea.
- Handicapped Badass: Blind in one eye, due to action in Afghanistan. It doesn't slow him down much.
- The Heavy: In Umbrella Chronicles, where almost every major event is determined by his actions. More broadly, he fills this role to Ozwell Spencer. Spencer's the mastermind, but his age and crippling leave him reliant on Sergei to do just about everything for him. Actually justified; see Undying Loyalty below.
- Large Ham: As bad as Wesker. Leads to Ham-to-Ham Combat.
- Laughing Mad: After he mutates while fighting Wesker.
- Licking the Blade: Repeatedly cuts himself with his double-edged knife, before licking up the blood.
- Lightning Bruiser: In the same vein as Wesker.
- The Man Behind the Man: To many of the events in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, as well as much of Umbrella Chronicles.
- Obviously Evil: So, the huge Russian guy in the greatcoat with the booming voice is evil, huh? Who'd'a thunk it?
- One-Winged Angel: Loses control and transforms into an utterly hideous Tyrant during his confrontation with Wesker.
- Psycho Prototype: You know those Tyrant BOW? Well, they were made from his template, meaning that he's the first Tyrant. And boy, is he insane.
- Psycho Supporter: Sergei is, like most Umbrella personnel, highly unstable. His loyalty towards Spencer stems from this.
- That, as well as basically his even being granted a job after he lost his from the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- Renegade Russian: The note towards Silver Fox indicated that he planned to revive the Soviet Union.
- The Rival: To Wesker.
- Sociopathic Soldier
- Super Soldier: He's actually the prototype to the Tyrant enemies. You can pretty much guess what that means...
- The Spymaster: Almost all of Umbrella's behind the scenes actions are run by this man.
- Undying Loyalty: To Umbrella as a whole, and Spencer in particular. It stems from their giving him a place after the collapse of his homeland.
- The Unfought: From an in-game perspective. The player gets to face him as Wesker, but the heroes never do.
The Red Queen
A highly advanced and self-aware computer system designed to protect and oversee Umbrella assets.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Though she never gets a chance, her objectives are to protect Umbrella assets, protect Umbrella officers, and a third she doesn't get a chance to say, in that order. All she gets to do on-screen is lock Wesker out of the system.
- Canon Immigrant: Until her appearance in this game, she was exclusively a film-verse character.
- Master Computer
- Names Given to Computers: Ostensibly a type VI, though "Red Queen" is possibly a shout-out to the Red Queen Hypothesis note .
- Ret Canon: Though Umbrella Chronicles plays a bit loose with canon.