Characters: Resident Evil 0
This page is for characters introduced in Resident Evil 0 only. For characters in other games or films in the game continuity, go to their respective debut media.
- Resident EvilIntroducing
- Resident Evil 2Introducing
- Resident Evil 3: NemesisIntroducing
- Resident Evil Gun Survivor Introducing
- Resident Evil: Code: VeronicaIntroducing
- Resident Evil OutbreakIntroducing
- Resident Evil 4Introducing
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella ChroniclesIntroducing
- Resident Evil: DegenerationIntroducing
- Resident Evil 5Introducing
- Resident Evil: The Darkside ChroniclesIntroducing
- Resident Evil: RevelationsIntroducing
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon CityIntroducing
- Resident Evil 6Introducing
- Resident Evil: DamnationIntroducing
open/close all folders
Voiced by David Webster (2002) and Steve Von Wormer (2007)
- "Listen, little girl, if you haven't noticed there's some pretty freaked out things on this train. And I, for one, wanna' get out of here. I don't think we stand a chance of doing it alone."
- Bad Ass
- Chained by Fashion: He wears handcuffs throughout the game, dangling off of one wrist. He manages to pick them off by the end of the game, and he discards them by tossing them off of a cliff.
- Death Faked for You: By Rebecca, at the end of the game.
- Hidden Depths: Despite how brutish he seems more often than not, he's remarkably good at playing the piano.
- Tip of the iceberg. When Rebecca finds him after he gets washed away, they come upon a pile of skeletons. Somehow Billy is aware that Marcus used them as test subjects for the Mother Virus. Someone knows a little more than they're letting on.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: One of the brawniest male characters, partnered up with the smallest adult female character.
- I Won't Say I'm Guilty: Granted, he's not.
- Inferred Holocaust: One possible reason he didn't show up in later games? The last you see of him is him walking into a forest infested with man-eating monsters, unarmed.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Billy is almost bizarrely aloof about his conviction, resigned to his fate, and cynically shoots down Rebecca when she tries to be optimistic about it. And yet...
- Knight in Sour Armor: ... The cynical, wrongfully convicted murderer has a powerful sense of justice. He's the one who convinces Rebecca to partner up with him and he's the one who refuses to go back on his word.
- Semper Fi: An ex-Marine.
- Tattooed Crook: Averted. He's the only convict among the series protagonists and has a very prominent tattoo, but Billy is a decent guy and not actually a criminal, and closer examination reveals that his tattoo reads, "Mother Love."
- The Nicknamer: To Rebecca.
- The Quiet One: Man of few words.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Hasn't been seen or heard from since Zero. The only continuity nod is in Resident Evil 2, where Rebecca reported him dead.
- Where she misspells his surname as "Koen"...
Dr. James Marcus
Voiced by Ian Downie (old) and Lyon Smith (young)
One of Umbrella's three founding members, he was murdered by Wesker and Birkin on Spencer's orders. He returns in Resident Evil Zero, where it's revealed that he is the one responsible for the Arklay Mountain and Mansion outbreaks.
- Achilles' Heel: Sunlight.
- Back from the Dead: Thanks to some T-Virus infected leeches.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In a way: he dies, but his plan to bring down Umbrella goes off without a hitch.
- Big Bad: Of Resident Evil 0.
- Bishounen: As his younger self.
- Body Horror: Good god, Marcus.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Though he was more concerned with R&D than Spencer or Ashford.
- Doomed by Canon
- Evil Old Folks: Pre-murder.
- Evilutionary Biologist
- The Heavy: For RE0, overlapping with his status as Big Bad.
- Humanoid Abomination
- I Am Legion
- Mad Scientist
- Older Than They Look: His reborn human form resembles Marcus at about twenty.
- One-Winged Angel: His Leech Queen form.
- Predecessor Villain: Could arguably be considered this for the entire series, since his actions lead directly to the Mansion and Raccoon City incidents.
- Revenge: His motivation is revenge on Spencer, Birkin, Wesker, and Umbrella as a whole.
- The Undead: Naturally.
- The Villain Makes The Plot: His actions after death lead to the original Resident Evil, and the entire series as a whole (which prompts Chris Redfield to leave for Europe after 6 months, Claire looking for him, Leon's involvement, etc)
- Voice of the Legion
- Weakened by the Light
- Weaksauce Weakness: Sunlight.
- Wicked Cultured: A talented opera singer.
- The Worm That Walks: Composed of thousands of leeches.