Characters: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
For the Mortal Kombat characters appearing in this crossover, check the sheets for Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II.
open/close all folders
DC CharactersHere we're going to list the tropes that only/mostly apply to the game. For the other tropes, check their sheets.
- "Listen, I don't know what happened. I just... felt this rage... It overwhelmed me, I couldn't stop myself."— To Batman in Chapter 2 of the DC sideVoiced by: Taliesin Jaffe
- A Day in the Limelight: The Flash is the protagonist of chapter 1 of the DC side.
- Badass: Fastest man alive and all that.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: He's almost the only character in the game who can rack up to 14 hits in a single combo. Oh, and his "Flashy Beatdown" Heroic Brutality involves him not only using this, but also Rapid Fire Bicycle Kicks.
- Neck Lift: Uses it on Kano when the Rage takes him over.
- Psychic Link: With Liu Kang in his arcade ending.
- Spam Attack
- Super Speed: As several specials. His "Whirlwind Slam" Heroic Brutality involves creating a tornado with it to levitate his opponent.
- Kano has some difficulties trying to use his Eye Beams on him in the first chapter of the DC side.
- "Your world is invading mine, affecting everything and everyone in it. Don't think you can take me so easily."— To Sub-Zero in the fourth chapter of the MK side.Voiced by: David Gazzana
- Badass Normal: Batman defeats all sorts of foes with a combination of martial arts and advanced technology.
- Bat out of Hell: His "Bat Swarm" Heroic Brutality involves him attaching a sonic device to attract bats to his opponent.
- Chest Insignia: The Bat logo.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Cool Car: The Batmobile, which is used in cutscenes.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker
- I Sense a Disturbance in the Force: He detects more "energy anomalies similar to that of Scorpion's frequency" in the heart of Gotham.
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: His Batarang. There are special variants such as bomb ones.
- Stun Gun: Used on Flash to calm him while he was in rage-mode.Flash: I thought you were the master of hand-to-hand combat.(Cue stun gun)Batman: I am.
- Teleport Spam: One of his normals.
- Voiced by: Tara Platt
- Voiced by: Josh Phillips
- Badass: Hal Jordan is acknowledged as one of the DC Universe's most powerful superheroes, able to fight Superman and Wonder Woman to a draw.
- Barrier Warrior: He can summon a barrier with his ring as one of his specials.
- Brought To You By The Symbol OZ
- Chainsaw Good: His ring creates a saw as the finishing part in the Freefall Kombat.
- Drop the Hammer: One of his specials, and his "Hammer Smash" Heroic Brutality.
- Green Lantern Ring: The source of his specials, including his two Heroic Brutalities.
- Voiced by: Kevin Delaney
- Difficult but Awesome: His "Achilles Bolt" has a delay before it can connect. When it does, it sends the opponent flying to the extreme of the screen.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: He uses lightning as a grab (The "Power of Zeus") and it's also involved in his "Ground Slam" Heroic Brutality.
- Look What I Can Do Now: In his ending, he receives the powers of the Elder Gods.
- Secret Test of Character: In his chapter, he's dragged to the Netherrealm by Shang Tsung, then has to fight against Scorpion, Baraka, and Shang Tsung himself. After he succeeds:Captain Marvel: ''I've had enough of your games, Shang Tsung. I've beaten you and your demons. Now before the combat rage takes over again, Send. Me. Back.Shang Tsung: As you wish.
- Shock and Awe
- Teleport Spam: His "Solomon Escape".
- Theme Naming: All of his six moves are named after the gods/legendary heroes that empower him. (Solomon Escape, Strength of Hercules, Atlas Clap, Power Of Zeus, Achilles Bolt and Mercury Bear Hug)
- Unexpected Character
- — To Deathstroke in the fifth chapter of the DC side.Voiced by: Richard Epcar
- Badass Normal: The Joker also temporarily gets to be an Empowered Badass Normal. Read Took a Level in Badass below for details.
- "Bang!" Flag Gun: He pulls this first in his "Gunshot" fatality, then subverts it by firing a real gun.
- Blood Knight
- Deadpan Snarker
- Electric Joybuzzer: One of his attacks.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Improbable Weapon User
- Large Ham
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Stuff Blowing Up: His Surprise Bomb special.
- Took a Level in Badass: Thanks to the whole power fluctancy product of the mere existence of Dark Kahn, he's now able to fight people like Superman on equal footing.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- "I never take sides. I choose the lesser of two evils."— To Catwoman in the fourth chapter of the DC side.Voiced by: Joe Thomas
- Badass Normal: Lex Luthor has Powered Armor, however, to make up for the lack of superpowers.
- Bald of Evil
- Brought To You By The Letter L: On the chestplate of his armor.
- Armor Makes The Lex Luthor
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Expy: His gameplay style is reminiscent of Sektor.
- Homing Projectile: One of his specials involve shooting a missile upwards and said missile locking on his opponent.
- Macross Missile Massacre
- Mighty Glacier
- Moveset Clone: He fights very much like Jax, with some differences, of course.
- Playing with Fire: One of his specials involves a flamethrower.
- Powered Armor
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: His "Missile Attack" Fatality involves the enemy being devastated by a Macross Missile Massacre.
- Voiced by: Christopher Corey Smith
- Badass: He's Superman, after all.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": His Chest Insignia.
- Eye Beams
- Ground Pound: The eponymous "Ground Pound" Heroic Brutality.
- The Narrator: He's in charge of the narration in the beginning of the DC side of the story.
- Superheroes Wear Capes
- Super Strength
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork:Okay, Lex, I'll trust you... for now.
- Weaksauce Weakness: In addition to his well-known weakness to Kryptonite, he also has a weakness to magic. Since a part of the fusion of both universes is fueled by magic (originated from the MK side), this serves as a Hand Wave as to why Badass Normals can fight him on equal footing.
- To be fair, Superman's weakness to magic is moderately documented in canon sources, yet easy to forget because foes that use it on him are few and far in-between.
- "No one cages this kitty!"— To Sonya in the second chapter of the MK side.Voiced by: PJ Mattson
- Absolute Cleavage
- Badass Normal
- Deadpan Snarker
- Femme Fatale
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Lampshaded by Flash in the first chapter of the DC side.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Sensual Spandex
- Spy Catsuit
- Whip It Good: Also involved in her "Neck Breaker" Fatality.
- Wolverine Claws: Aside of being part of several of her attacks, Catwoman uses them in her "Claw Attack" fatality.
- Voiced by: Patrick Seitz
- "Through Mortal Kombat, I will conquer all!"— In the "Beginnings" comicbookVoiced by: Perry Brown and Patrick Seitz
- Big Bad
- Composite Character: Has Shao Kahn and Darkseid's powers. It's also reflected on who's voicing him, as Patrick Seitz (the voice of Deathstroke and Scorpion) is also the voice of Shao Kahn.
- Guttural Growler
- Hate Plague: Spread by his mere existence to increase his power and serves as the main justification of why both universes' characters are beating the crap out of each other.
- Humanoid Abomination
- Large Ham
- Literally Shattered Lives: When you defeat him.
- Original Generation
- Power Echoes
- Power Glows
- SNK Boss
- Spikes of Villainy