open/close all folders
Introduced in the Movies and specials
- Action Girl: Grows into one. She took down a robot and fought Gallaxhar.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Susan is 49-feet-11-inches tall.
- The Chick
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Justified by the Magic Meteor that gave her powers shifting her hair from brown to white.
- Cute Giant: Susan may be giant, but she's still an adorable woman.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Giant Woman
- The Heroine: The movie revolves around Susan embracing her monster status.
- The Leader: Of Team Monster in the series.
- Locked into Strangeness: Her hair was originally brown but after getting hit by a Magic Meteor her hair turns white.
- Mystical White Hair: As a result of getting hit by a Magic Meteor.
- Nice Girl: Susan is a kind and caring woman.
- Picked Last: She had been picked last for dodge ball a lot when she was younger, training dummies were even picked before her.
- Power Glows: Her skin glows blue as she is about to grow; her fiance literally says this to her.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Susan was in love with Derek, when she thought he was a devoted and loving man. However, she ended up crushed when his true personality showed, and promptly got her revenge.
- Size Shifter: In the series, Susan gains the ability to go from monster-size huge to normal human size at will.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To her mother, especially before her transformation — Susan is basically a younger version of her mother.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the team's token girl, albeit their leader.
- Super Strength: One of the advantages of being a 49ft 11in giant imbued with quantonium/hyperion energy is strength enough to easily smash through stone, steel, alien metals, and even energy barriers.
- Took a Level in Badass: Susan learns to embrace herself as a "monster".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Turkey Tetrazzini. Everyone else thinks it's too disgusting to look at, let alone eat. Even B.O.B..
Dr. Cockroach Ph. D
Voiced by: Hugh Laurie (Film and Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space), James Horan (Night of the Living Carrots), Chris O'Dowd (TV series)Dr. Herbert Cockroach Ph.D (sometimes referred to by the others as Doc) is a brilliant but mad scientist who, in an experiment to imbue himself with the abilities of a cockroach, ending up with a giant cockroach's head and some cockroach personality, but gained the ability to climb up walls and high resistance to physical damage.
- Amazon Chaser: He is noticeably smitten with Susan after she defeats the giant alien robot. Given his size and species this has a certain element of squick.
- Evil Laugh: He may be a hero, but he still does plenty of these.
- Extreme Omnivore: Justified since he's a human transformed into a cockroach.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Half-Human Hybrid: His Origin Story (a parody of 1958 The Fly) is that he's a human who accidentally fused himself with a cockroach.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: His usual attire.
- Made of Iron: As it was the point of his experiment, he's now every bit as indestructible as a cockroach.
- Mad Scientist: His whole shtick.
- Nice Guy: Charming and gentlemanly.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Link's Manly Man.
- The Smart Guy
- Trademark Favorite Food: His favorite foods are Garbage and Swirlypops.
The Missing Link aka Link
Voiced by: Will Arnett (Film and Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space), David Kaye (Night of the Living Carrots), Diedrich Bader (TV series)The Missing Link is a 20,000-year-old fish-ape hybrid who was found frozen and thawed out, only to escape and wreak havoc at his old lagoon habitat. Usually referred to as Link, he behaves as a macho jock most of the time, but is out of shape.
- Badass Decay: In-Universe. the Missing Link apparently once held his own against the navy, the national guard and some baywatchers. Until he beats up about thirty clones in hand-to-tentacle combat, that's very hard to believe.
- Boisterous Bruiser: In the movie, he starts as a boastful Miles Gloriosus who cultivates this image, but doesn't live up to his own hype... until it's time to rescue Susan.
- Butt Monkey: The writers like to mess with him a bit.
- Catchphrase: "You don't want to tussle with all this muscle".
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fish Person
- Harmless Freezing: Its in his backstory.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Sqweep in the TV series, with Sqweep being 700+ years old (but mentally still a child) and Link being millions of years old (biologically at least, considering he was frozen in ice for centuries before unfreezing).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He can be pretty full of himself. No matter what though, he does care for his friends.
- The Lancer
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to Dr. Cockroach's Sensitive Guy.
- Team Mom: He has surprising shades of this.
- Translator Buddy: To Insectosaurus.
Voiced by: Seth Rogen (Film), Eric Edelstein (TV series)B.O.B. (Benzoate Ostylezene Bicarbonate) is an indestructible gelatinous mass created when a genetically-altered tomato was injected with a chemically-altered ranch dessert topping, the resulting goo gaining some form of consciousness.
- Blob Monster
- Extreme Omnivore
- Fun with Acronyms: His name stands for Bensoate Ostylezene Bicarbonate.
- Ink-Suit Actor: He has Seth Rogen's eye and mouth shape.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Which explains his prominence in the TV series.
- Rubber Man: Being an indestructible blob, he can absorb any physical attack and bounce it right back. In the movie, at least.
Voiced by: Conrad VernonInsectosaurus (often referred to as "Insecto") is formerly a 1 inch (25 mm) grub transformed by nuclear radiation into a 350 foot (110 m) monster with the ability to shoot silk out of his nose, similar referencing that he is a giant monster silkworm.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Easily distracted by bright light.
- The Big Guy
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Doesn't appear in the TV series, with no explanation given for his absence.
- Giant Flyer: Becomes this after becoming Butterflysaurus.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Link serves as his Translator Buddy.
- Team Pet
General W.R. Monger
Voiced by: Kiefer Sutherland (Film), Kevin Michael Richardson (TV series)General Warren R. Monger is a military leader who runs a top secret facility where monsters are kept. It is his plan to fight the invading aliens with the imprisoned monsters.
- Badass Grandpa:In the film he states that he's been the monsters' warden "for 50 years".
- Expy: Of General Jack D. Ripper, George C. Scott's character in Dr. Strangelove.
- Jetpack: He often uses this as transportation.
- The Mentor
- Older Than He Looks: He looks good for 90.
- Punny Name: A play on "Warmonger".
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Even though he captured and imprisoned the monsters, he shows a great respect for them.
The Invisible Man
Mentioned in the film and had a brief cameo in "B.O.B.'s Big Break". He susposedly died before the events of the first film.
Voiced by: Stephen Colbert (Film), James Patrick Stuart (TV series)President Hathaway is the impulsive and dimwitted President of the United States.
- Bring My Brown Pants: "Boys, set the terror level to 'code brown', 'cause I need to change my pants!"
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: In one episode in the animated series, he felt that no one listens to him even though he is the president.note
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He is often called by his title.
- Man Child
- Our Presidents Are Different: He aspires toward President Action, but in reality he's closer to President Buffoon.
Voiced by: Rainn WilsonGallaxhar is an evil alien overlord who hopes to take over Earth and serves as the main antagonist of the film.
- Big Bad
- Evil Gloating: He's got Chronic Monologue Disorder something fierce!
- Evil Overlord: He may be a funny character, but he's also a legitimate threat. He did destroy his homeworld, after all.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Genocide from the Inside: He mentions that he wiped out his entire planet.
- Origin Story: He tells it to Susan as he's being cloned, but the cloning process keeps interrupting him (in a comic use of Plot-Based Voice Cancellation), so she (and we) only hear parts of it.
- Jerkass: Breaks off his engagement with Susan when she turned into a monster. She realized he cares more about his career than her, and angry that it only took becoming a monster to realize that.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: One reason he tries to reconcile with her at the end of the film is that he can get a network job in New York City if he gets an exclusive interview with her.
- Married to the Job: The reason Susan breaks up with him is that all he really cares about is becoming a famous weatherman. Indeed, even before she became a monster, he moved their honeymoon from Paris to Fresno so he could attend a job interview.
- Small Name, Big Ego
Introduced in the T.V. series
Voiced by: Jeff BennettCoverton is a psychokinetic alien who is the main antagonist of the TV series, he uses a floating chair for transportation.
- Charlie Brown Baldness: He has his alien species' equivalent of hair.
- Cool Chair: Has a hover chair to compensate for Earth's gravity. It also contain a variety of weapons.
- Mind over Matter: Possesses powerful telekinesis.
- The Mole: He's on Earth to prepare it for invasion, though he's not very good at keeping it secret, often blurting it out in frustration and having to backtrack.
- The Rival: To Susan as the leaders of their respective teams.
- Smug Snake
- Token Evil Teammate
Voiced by: Haley TjuSqweep is an adorable, intelligent alien child who has come to Earth because he/she needs to write a report on Earth's dominant species for school.
- Ambiguous Gender: Her gender is unknown, but a lot of fans believe she is female due to her taste in things and her voice.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Sqweep's species have a dangerous type of body waste disposal called Number 7 and need a special toilet to handle it.
- Color Coded Emotions: The tips of her antennae tend to glow when she expresses a strong emotion: Green for Happiness/Joy, Yellow for Fear/Anxiety, Red for Anger/Aggression, and Purple for Sadness/Confusion.
- Innocent Prodigy
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Link, Sqweep being 700+ years old (But mentally still a child)and Link being millions of years old (biologically at least, considering he was frozen in ice for centuries before unfreezing).
- Really 700 Years Old: As revealed in "The Friend Who Wasn't There", Sqweep is 768.
- Shorter Means Smarter: The smartest of Team Alien.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- The Rival: To Dr. Cockroach in intelligence.
Voiced by: Gillian JacobsSta'abi is a hotheaded female alien from a warrior/hunting culture.
- Alien Lunch: Sucks down small, tentacled alien creatures whole and alive, because eating cooked food is for Puny Earthlings. A mighty warrior such as herself requires a "live protein diet".Susan: You mean high protein?
Link: (nervously eyeing a pile of the squirming creatures) I don't think she does...
- Proud Warrior Race Gal
- Punny Name: Susan and Link often mispronounce it as "Stabby".
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Well, she has yellow skin. Still a hottie.
Voiced by: Fred TatascioreA rambunctious semi-sentient alien, Vornicarn hatched on Earth and briefly incubated inside Link's nose before emerging, rampaging around Area Fifty-Something until Sta'abi captured and tamed him to be her loyal hunting companion.
Voiced by: James UrbaniakGeneral Monger had the robot built during the cold-war to run the planet in the event of a nuclear holocaust, with said event having never come to past the robot was put into storage for nearly 70 years.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot
- Lawful Stupid: Cites rule violations but had no way to enforce them until hooking up with Coverton's chair.
- Logic Bomb: How it was defeated the first time. It fixed that problem the next time he appeared.
- Mind-Control Device: Gained these in his second appearance.
- Trope 2000
- Weaksauce Weakness: Was defeated another time by getting wet by Bob.
Voiced by: Amy SedarisDr. Cutter is a mad scientist who arrives at Area Fifty-Something, to upgrade the base's technology. However she reveals that she has a secret agenda to dissect Coverton's brain to learn the secrets to telekinesis.