Characters: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Trinity
Tropes associated with the the Throne Meisters / Team Trinity / Trinity siblings:
open/close all folders
Trinity as a whole
- Abusive Parent: The siblings were screwed by their "father" (AKA FUCKING RIBBONS) after he was done using them.
- Artificial Human: Confirmed in a manga derivative when the siblings are mentioned as being created by Ribbons Allmark. They don't seem to quite be full Innovades, but Nena shows some signs when she manages to get into Veda the same way Tiera does.
- Badass Family: Of course! You could also include their "father", the series' Big Bad.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Johan is Brains, Nena is Beauty, and Michael is Brawn.
- Cool Spaceship: The Trinity mothership.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: The siblings genuinely love each other.
- Half-Human Hybrid: The novelizations indicate that the siblings have Innovator DNA. And Ribbons could technically be considered their father.
- It Runs in the Family: The siblings were test tube babies raised in labs and born only to be Tykebomb Gundam pilots.
- Lack of Empathy: While Johann doesn't get off on bloodshed like his siblings, he doesn't give a damn about innocent lives either.
- Light Is Not Good
- Power Trio
- Raised In Labs
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Their last name, but in the case of Michael...
- Sibling Team
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: They introduce themselves as allies to Celestial Being. They don't directly betray them, however—it's just that Setsuna decides that they're a source of conflict, so they turn against him in kind.
- Token Trio
- Tragic Villain: They're psychotic because they were raised in a lab to be so, and their whole existence is meant to bring down Celestial Being's public image and be discarded once they had done so.
- Two Guys and a Girl
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness
The oldest member of the Trinity siblings and the leader of the Gundam Throne Meisters. He is the pilot of the Gundam Throne Eins. After the GN-X's were used to hunt them down, he helped his siblings escape from danger. Unfortunately, he and his brother Michael couldn't escape the danger known as Ali Al-Saachez
Voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi
(Japanese) and Michael Daingerfield (English)
- Aloof Big Brother: In contrast to Michael's homicidal protective tendencies towards Nena, Johan barely reacts when Setsuna punches her.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Beauty Mark
- BFG: The Throne Eins'.
- Cold Sniper
- Dark Is Evil: He pilots The Throne Eins Gundam, which has a dark color scheme.
- Death Is Dramatic: Ali even lampshaded this.
- Evil Genius Bruiser
- Fan Nickname: Captain Hotpants.
- Gray Eyes
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Just who the hell do you think he is? He's not an adult, he's a MAN!
- Humans Are White
- Killed Off for Real
- Man in White
- Mr. Exposition
- Mr. Fanservice: The girls seems to love his shorts.
- Oh Crap: Courtesy of Ali.
- Only Sane Man: At least compared to his siblings.
- Promotion to Parent: Since they were lab-created, the siblings don't have any parental figures. As the most mature, Johan is basically their shephard.
- Sacrificial Lion
- Sensual Spandex
- The Sociopath: Possibly. While he's less crazy and evil than his siblings, he shows no real care or empathy toward anyone but them. Example: Nena blows up a wedding, murdering hundreds of people! His response? He shrugs it off and says Nena ought to be more careful with her Gundam.
- The Stoic: He shows no pleasure in carrying out their brutal missions, just efficiency.
- Stuffed In The Fridge
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Put more emphasis on dark.
- Team Dad: His role in Team Trinity.
- You Gotta Have Myrtle Hair
The middle child of the Trinity siblings and the pilot of Gundam Throne Zwei. Micheal is the most violent of the Trinity's. He's eager to start a fight, constantly rude
, and unapologetic in hurting people. While he is very prone to extreme violence, he also show strong loyalty to his brother and jealous with murderous intent whenever Nena likes any men
Michael and his siblings began mass scale attacks around the globe's military bases with total annihilation tactics. Their earlier attacks went without a hitch until the arrival of the GN-X's, which stopped their interventions. Eventually their secret base on Earth was discovered and forced to flee. While on the run, Ali Al-Saachez somehow located the Trinity siblings and offered assistance due to his sponsor. As soon as Johann inquired about Laguna Harvey, he quickly shot and killed Micheal instantly via shot to the heart
Voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
(Japanese) and Andrew Toth
The youngest of the Trinity siblings and pilot of Gundam Throne Drei. Nena is first introduced as a cutesy character
and has a tendency to make V signs. She saves Setsuna's life and later kisses him
, but he violently pushes her away. You get to see shades of her unstable side when she threatens Setsuna not to make her mad shortly after. The last straw, however, is when she passes over a wedding in Spain. They're having fun while she's off saving the world. So she kills 'em all
(though one Louise Halevy escapes). Karma catches up to her soon enough, as Ali Al-Saachez shoots one of her brothers, then steals his Gundam and kills the other in combat. She only escapes thanks to the intervention of Setsuna and the appearance of Trans-Am
In the end, she escapes on her own and becomes Wang Liu-Mei's Ninja Maid
, but grows discontent when she sides with the current employers of Ali-Al Sacheez
, the Innovators. This finally came to a head several months later as she tried on two occasions to kill Wang and her bodyguard - only for a crazed Louise to get her revenge afterward
Voiced by Rie Kugimiya
(Japanese) and Nicole Bouma
- Bait the Dog
- Bare Your Midriff: In the first season.
- Best Served Cold: After killing Wang, she swallowed her pride and decided to side with the Innovators in order to survive so she could have her revenge when they least expected it. Her plan never took off. The problem is, her daddy, FUCKING RIBBONS, always expected and prepared for all kinds of opposition. He sends Louise along with Mister Bushido, who dealt with Setsuna, to kill her.
- Blood from the Mouth: Happens when Louise cuts her in half/impales her with her Regnant's claw.
- Broken Bird: Season 2. Albeit of the "psychotic, violent, unstable" variety.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Her sole interaction with Louise, aside from the two trading Moral Myopias, is Louise telling her that she killed her family and her basically replying "Wait, when and where did this happen!?" Obviously, Nena never really thought back on that incident after it happened.
- Cute and Psycho
- Cute Bruiser: Is one of the prettiest girls in the cast and pilots a huge Gundam.
- Dark Chick
- Demoted to Extra: Happens to her in Season Two. Also made clear when she's the only character to still use an unmodified Season One unit.
- The Dog Bites Back: Wang Liu Mei treats her with open disdain and uses her as a servant. Nena pays her back by killing her.
- Double Standard: Okay, the hatred for her is not unfounded. But there are male charas who are far worse, yet they're ADORED. Yes, Ali, we're talking about YOU. And how dare her fans think otherwise.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She couldn't give a damn about the suffering of anyone else, but she deeply loves her brothers and is absolutely devastated when Ali Al-Saachez kills them.
- Evil Laugh: Childishly Evil Laugh.
- Evil Red Heads: Not 100% evil as she is childish, Raised In Labs and not knowing what the outside world is like.
- Expy: Of Meyrin, who herself is this to Flay. What's funny is Nena and Meyrin have the same English voice actress. She and her brothers could also be seen as expies of Phantom Pain members Auel Neider, Sting Oakley and Stella Louiser.
- Faux Dark Action Girl: She certainly can't harm those who actually fight back; her only victims are either helpless or stationary things. Then again, when her mech is designed for stealth, support and information gathering, not attack power.
- Feisty Girl: The kid will not give up EVER. Even when she's dying.
- Fiery Redhead
- Fille Fatale: She's around 16, and comes on to Setsuna pretty strongly when they meet.
- Genki Girl: An evil one.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Half the Man He Used to Be
- Heroes Want Redheads: Inverted. Nena is the one who wants The Hero.
- Heel Face Door Slam: The door didn't slam, it fell.
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: Nena got her own family murdered in front of her eyes by Ali Al-Saachez. If that wasn't enough, Louise Halevy later killed Nena, for her revenge.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Her treatment and later murder of Liu Mei. Not enough to make up for the wedding incident, but still pretty damn awesome.
- Laser-Guided Karma: She bombed a wedding just because she was bored and tired. The only survivor of the incident kills her four years later.
- Male Gaze
- Moral Myopia: She hates Ali and everyone associated with him for killing her brothers, yet seeing nothing wrong with (and even enjoying) killing an entire family of people simply because she didn't like the idea of other people having a good time when she wasn't.
- Ninja Maid: In 2nd season, to a degree.
- Oh Crap: She had one, when Louise is about to impale her/cut her in half.
- Playing Against Type: In all versions no less.
- Psychopathic Womanchild: As a result of being Raised In Labs as a Tykebomb.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers it as she kills Wang.
- Revenge: Really thrives for this in the second season.
- Sensual Spandex: First Season outfit.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: To Celestial Being in season 1. To Wang Liu Mei in season 2.
- The Sociopath
- So Last Season: While everyone is upgrading their mechas, she still keeps her old fashioned Throne Drei and thinks it'll be good enough, though Louise proves her wrong. It should be noted, however, that there was no way she could have gotten another MS in her situation.
- This is yet another reason she winds up dying, as Louise only is able to KNOW Nena is her family's murderer because of her flying the same old Throne Drei.
- Third-Person Person
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Her and Liu Mei.
- Trigger Happy
- V Sign: She is prone of doing this almost all the time when she's in a good mood. She stops doing it for awhile after Ali killed her brothers, but in the second season, she did it again after screwing Wang's plan in a form of Take That.
- What Could Have Been: Arche Gundam Drei, a combo of Throne Drei and Arche, designed specifically to kill Ali-Al Saachez in his Gundam Arche. Nena would've gotten it from Regene Regetta if she works for the Innovator, but before that could happen, Ribbons sent out Louise to kill Nena...
- Woman in White: In the first season.
- Yandere: Other than that brief lapse, she always fawned over Setsuna until he "dumped" her after the battle of Memento Mori.
- Youthful Freckles
- Zettai Ryouiki: Well, her eldest brother Johann is called Captain Hotpants...