Characters: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Innovades
Tropes associated with The Innovators/Innovades:
open/close all folders
The Innovators/ Innovades as a whole
- Ambiguous Gender: All of them are highly androgynous, and while it is confirmed that they have physical sexes, it can be difficult to tell which they are.
- Artificial Human: Created by Veda to serve as its instruments.
- Nurse Jenny: Innovades who have the same "base-pattern" usually look alike.
Initially appearing as a mysterious and seemingly minor character, he had maybe seven lines and a smirk in season one while he was employed by Alejandro Corner to help him take over the world and whatnot. Then during Episode 25, he phoned Alejandro to let him know something important: namely, that all this time Alejandro was his
pawn, and everything was according to his
plan, not Alejandro's.
In season two, Ribbons's role is... considerably expanded. In fact, he's now the series' Big Bad
and sees himself as a kindly angel who is leading most of humanity to the stars. The rest of them get to die. He's also quite the master of awkward conversation.
Voiced by Tōru Furuya
(Japanese) and Michael Adamtwaite
- Abusive Parent: To the Trinity Siblings. First, he screwed his "children" to Ali Al-Saachez after using them. In Episode 21 of season 2, He baits Nena to Louise in order for the latter to exact her revenge.
- A God Am I and Dark Messiah: He literally claims to be "God" in the final episode, cementing his egotism.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: He's gotten fond of this in the second season; Liu-Mei and Regene can attest to the armour-piercing factor. Regene wasn't floored, however, despite losing glasses. Either Ribbons was going easy or he needs to work out more.
- Attack Drones: The Reborns Cannon/Gundam has GN Fangs.
- Audience Participation: A lot of people like to yell "FUCKING RIBBONS" whenever he appears post-Reveal.
- Badass: He's able to hold his own against Setsuna despite using inferior mechs and being some number of years out of action.
- Badass Back: Not him but his mobile suit, the Reborns Gundam. It can kick ass no matter what side one approach it from.
- Big Bad: Primarily during the second season, but retroactively for the first as well.
- Boom, Headshot: Subverted if he reuploaded his conscience to another body, or averted, if the one shot by Regene is indeed a clone.
- Broken Pedestal: To Setsuna, as he was the pilot of the Gundam that saved/inspired Setsuna as a child.
- The Chessmaster
- Cloning Gambit: He manages to clone a massive amount of Innovators (Bring and Divine). Beforehand, it was played straight as a Batman Gambit against Regene.
- Death by Irony: He was killed by the very boy he saved, inside the very Mobile Suit he used to save him. And said boy is also the one who inspired him to be plans and ruined it just when he was on the cusp of completion.
- Death Is Cheap: Was killed at least twice. As apparently all other Innovades, he has a valid backup copy of his memory inside Veda. The reanimation was just a matter of downloading a conscience into a new clone body.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He usually say these to people before killing them, or having them killed. In order, the people he gave this speech to are Alejandro Corner, Nena Trinity, Regene Regetta and Tieria Erde.
- Subverted in Tieria's case as he not only hijacks Veda back, but delivers his own reason you suck speech right back at Ribbons whilst he's battling Setsuna.
- Shadow Dictator: In the second season.
- Spell My Name with an "S": After romanizing his name as "Livonze" or other variants for several episodes, many fans were quite surprised to learn that the official spelling really was Ribbons!
- Transforming Mecha: His second to last MS, the Reborns Gundam/Cannon.
- Treacherous Advisor: To Alejandro. Yet again.
- The Rival: After Setsuna gets his attention. Ironic since they only interact twice and don't even meet until halfway through season two
- Villain Decay: Ribbons is a Magnificent Bastard in season 1, and is a Smug Snake in season 2, with one hell of an idiotic plan involving Kamikaze robots.
- Villainous Breakdown: Setsuna causes him to experience twice; first by defeating Revive and showing that he was stronger than Ribbons. Second when he turns Ribbons almost certain victory around and shatters his link to Veda ruining decades of planning in two minutes.
- Villain Team-Up: With Grace O' Connor in Super Robot Wars Z2
- Visionary Villain: He does genuinely believe in Aeolia's plan... he just interprets that he should be the ruler of all mankind to bring it about.
- Walking Spoiler: As with most Innovades.
- Where It All Began: His final mobile suit is O Gundam, the very first Gundam in the show and the first mobile suit Ribbons ever piloted. It's also a take back to the original gundam, since the RX-78-2 and O look exactly alike and Ribbons IS Amuro.
- Would Hit a Girl: He gives Wang Liu Mei the slap that she deserves and knocks out Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee in the epilogue of Scenario 44 of Super Robot Wars Z2 as per his agreement with Grace O' Connor.
A person who looks exactly like Tieria Erde, Regene made his first appearance in the season 1 finale accompanying Louise in an elevator. In season 2, he is seen working with Ribbons and the other Innovators. Although he works closely with Ribbons, the two do not always see eye to eye. As a result, Regene often acts of his own will to complete the plan Aeolia intended in his own way, from offering Tieria to join the Innovators to leaking Veda's location to Wang Liu Mei.
Voiced by Romi Park
(Japanese) and Nicole Oliver
- The Unfought: Regene's the only Innovator within the series who didn't fight in a mobile suit or mobile armor at all, despite being the former pilot of the GRM Gundam.
- The Voice: He and Tieria after their "physical death".
- We Can Rule Together: Implied through his conversation with Tieria when they first met behind Ribbons' back. Then they did. But it happened for the good.
Revive Revival is an Innovator who is the genetic twin of Anew Returner, and pilot of the Gadessa. Joined the A-Laws under the rank of captain, though with a special license like Mr. Bushido to act independent, Revive agrees to follow Kati Mannequin's battle strategies. Revive usually attempts to pinpoint the Ptolemaios II's location using quantum brainwaves and Anew.
Voiced by Mitsuki Saiga
(Japanese) and Jillian Michaels
- Evil Twin: Of Anew.
- Karmic Death: Had a part in his/her sister's "betrayal" and death. Her lover was the one who struck him down.
- Oh, Crap: When Lyle's about to kill him/her.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: Of Anew in the Japanese dub only. In the English dub, he is made a girl.
- Punny Name: He dies in the final episode entitled Rebirth.
Hiling Care is an Innovator and the genetic twin of Ribbons Almark. Joining Revive Revival with the A-Laws, Hiling is eager to battle with the Celestial Being and the Gundams. Hiling also frequently teases her comrades. Hiling pilots a Gadessa and later a Garazzo in several operations against the Ptolemaios II.
Voiced by Miyuki Kawasho (Japanese) and Brenna O'Brien (English)
- Comforting the Widow: Gender-swapped; Hiling oh-so-suggestively offers to "comfort" Divine after his brother Bring is killed, only for her advances to be swiftly shot down.
- The Mario: Have no problem fighting in a close-range mobile suit like the Garazzo, or a long-range one like the Gadessa.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: Of Ribbons.
Bring Stabity and Devine Nova
Bring Stabity is an Innovator who is assigned to the A-Laws in order to combat the Gundams. While Bring is able to overpower the 00 Gundam with the Garazzo in a display of force,he is later defeated during the A-Laws' assault on Celestial Beings's L3 base when the 00 Gundam and 0 Raiser support vehicle, join to form the 00 Raiser. Bring is killed during one of the assaults on the Ptolemaios II on Earth when Tieria Erde reveals the Seraphim Gundam for the first time.
Voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu
(Japanese) and Brian Drummond
Devine Nova is Bring Stabity's genetic twin and makes his first appearance piloting the prototype mobile armour Empress after Celestial Being successfully destroys Memento Mori. After forcing the Ptolemaios II back into Earth's atmosphere, he later takes part in an assault on the Ptolemaios II which nearly succeeds until a coup d'état forces the A-Laws to withdraw. Devine is killed while defending the second Memento Mori station by Setsuna F. Seiei and Saji Crossroad in the 00 Raiser.
Voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu
(Japanese) and Brian Dobson