Characters: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Misc
open/close all folders
Celestial Being's founder, he lived over 200 years before the beginning of the series. He established the theoretical basis of the combined orbital elevator and photovoltaic energy system, the construction and defense of which he foresaw to employ humanoid machines not unlike mobile suits. In a long term plan
to rid the world of armed conflict and ready humanity into the next phase of its evolution, he founded the private paramilitary organization Celestial Being. It is this plan that becomes the driving force for both the first and second series. His body is held in cryogenic stasis within Veda, intending to awaken when the world is rid of conflict. However, soon after this discovery near the end of the first series, Alejandro Corner kills him in order to take over the plan, however his death releases a system trap that activates the Trans-Am System and releases the full potential of the four Gundams.
Voiced by Chikao Ohtsuka
(Japanese) and Michael Kopsa
- Crazy-Prepared: It seems like he predicts almost everything that happens. And he set up Veda to deal with anything he didn't predict, just in case.
- Expy: Let's see, a supposedly long dead scientist comes up with a centuries-long plan involving a secret foundation, manipulating events to suit the plan, and leaves recordings of himself to the public long after his time. Oh snap, HE'S HARI SELDON!
- He's also a Char Clone in the sense that his views and ambitions to create a better world are very reminiscent of the Red Comet. Unlike Char however, his methods and ambitions are not only far less destructive but also considerably more long term.
- Genre Savvy: And holy shit, HOW!
- The Omniscient: It's a little scary just how much of the plot he apparently predicted, although how much of that was him and how much was Veda playing Speed Chess is unclear.
- The Plan: Whenever Celestial Being talks about "the Plan", it's his they're talking about.
- Gambit Roulette: He knew there was no way to predict everything that would happen in 200 years, hence the existence of Veda.
- Thanatos Gambit: He didn't plan on dying, but if something went wrong and he did, he had contingencies in place.
- Posthumous Character: First subverted, then played straight.
Originally an observer for Celestial Being, it is later revealed that he has.. other plans
. He and his trusty
sidekick Ribbons proceeded to hack Veda and kill Aeolia Schienberg, only to activate the Gundams' Trans-Am system. Then he too goes to action in the Alvatore mobile armor and eventually fights Setsuna in the end of season one. He loses the battle, his ambition and his life and dies with the bitter truth that he was nothing but an Unwitting Pawn
Voiced by Yasunori Matsumoto
(Japanese) and Andrew Kavadas
- Badass Gay: He's pretty badass, and while his orientation is never explicitly made clear, his behavior around Ribbons heavily implies he's gay.
- Big Bad Wannabe: "But this was my plan!" "That attitude is precisely what makes you such a small man."
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: His Mobile Armor/Suit the Alvatore/Alvaron.
- Bling of War: His car, gun and pilot suit are all gold.
- The Scapegoat: The Movie reveals that the A-LAWS and the Government Conspiracy from season 2 were blamed on him after the fact (despite him having died five years previously). This was done because the Federation couldn't reveal information about Ribbons Almarck and VEDA to the general public.
Wang Liu Mei
A beautiful Chinese celebrity who became the head of her house at the tender age of 15. She works as a secret agent, leaking information to Celestial Being, but she also seems to have her own agenda. She wanted the world to change, no matter what cost. Thus behind the scenes, she interacted with... EVERYONE. Good guys, bad guys, she contacted them all. Even after the formation of The Federation
, she didn't consider the world changed and continued to do her secret agent stitch. Has a Battle Butler
named Hong Long, who is also her elder brother.
It's unclear which side she goes into. She recently picked up the discarded Nena Trinity and made her her Ninja Maid
, then she interacted with both Celestial Being AND Ribbons and the Innovators. Her goal is revealed to ascend into a greater being, one of the way is to turn herself into the Innovators in order to look down on other beings.
Voiced by Kei Shindou
(Japanese) and Maryke Hendrikse
- Fan Nickname: China Tits, or less affectionately, China Bitch.
- Freudian Excuse: She became the head of her family and had to bear the burden she didn't want because Hong Long is such a Satellite Character who doesn't have what it takes to lead the family, which leads her to be the Smug Snake she is now.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In her first appearance she takes a drink from a glass that is quite phallic...Actually Christina and Feldt also drink from such containers later in the season.
- Girlish Pigtails: In season 1.
- It's All About Me: "So what if I'm prolonging a war that's causing thousands of innocent victims all around the world and if I'm manipulating other people? As long as it will change the world to suit me, I don't care about the rest."
- Her constant side switching is based on who will benefit her rather than any loyalty. Celestial Being is going to change the world. She'll back them. Ribbons can make her a superior being? She helps Alaws. Ribbons points out that he won't make her a superior being because she's selfish and he personally can't stand her. She starts sending CB info again to spite Ribbons.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her constantly-changing wardrobe is her main appeal to fanboys.
- Oh, Crap: She had one, when Nena reveals herself to be her traitor and is about to blow her up.
Hong Long is a loyal servant to Wang Liu Mei and the Wang family. While a Celestial Being agent, he has no true loyalties to the organization except to Liu Mei. Even though he's the older brother, he contently accepted the role as Liu Mei's personal assistant and body guard. He's often at Liu Mei's side and vigilant over her safety above his own.
Voiced by Kenji Takahashi (Japanese) and Samuel Vincent
- Love Martyr: Towards his sister. She treats him like shit because she had to take up his responsibilities as leader, yet he remains completely devoted to her out of guilt.
- Meaningful Name: Look up.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Well, blood is thicker than water they say.
- Taking the Bullet: Shields Liu Mei from Nena.
- Talking to Himself: Averted. In all versions, Hong Long shares a voice actor with another character, yet he and that character never met or speak with each other.
The quantum supercomputer that is the closest thing Celestial Being as a whole has to a leader since Schenberg's no longer around. It was built by Shenberg himself and programmed to carry out his goal of ridding the world of conflict through Celestial Being. It is the only thing that knows the full plan, and it directs the other members of Celestial Being to carry out what needs to be done. Its location is secret, even to the organization itself, who only communicate with it through special terminals.
- Artificial Intelligence: Seems to not be the case, actually: Veda is simply an extremely advanced computer and doesn't possess a will of its own.
- The Chessmaster: It is essentially planning against everyone in the world who isn't in Celestial Being. It's not above using people outside the organization in its schemes as well, but its ability to do that is a lot more limited.
- Keystone Army: All of Celestial Being's weapons are directly connected to Veda. It can withdraw its support and shut them down at any point it chooses. The Gundam Meisters get around this by installing their own OS in their Gundams when Veda is captured by Ribbons.
- Magical Computer: Flawlessly photoshopping global news feeds in real time?
- Master Computer: It has absolute control over the spaceship Celestial Being. Even when the ship is occupied by Earth Federation forces in The Movie, Veda is doing things behind their backs while still cooperating with them.
- Meaningful Name: "Veda" is the Hindi word for "knowledge".
- The Omniscient: It monitors the socio-political status of the entire human race, and its plans take that information into account when it decides what Celestial Being's next move should be.
- Powers That Be: Veda is the only thing that knows the full scope of Aeolia's plans, so it is pretty much the de facto leader of Celestial Being. The organization can disobey its orders if they wish, but of course, it has contingencies for that...
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Veda is smart enough to allow for deviations from the original plan due to unforeseen circumstances. So long as Shenberg's plan is fulfilled in spirit, and the world is rid of conflict, Veda can make adjustments as needed.