Characters: Mahou Tsukai No Yoru
The characters of Mahou Tsukai No Yoru.
open/close all folders
Alice KuonjiA natural born witch, the daughter of the elder son of the wealthy Kuonji family and a witch he fell in love with, who lives alone in a mansion. She is emotionally detached and self-abusive, thus she does not form relationships easily, but gradually comes to accept Aoko as a friend. She has been acquainted with the Aozaki family for over ten years and serves as Aoko's partner and teacher.
Soujuurou ShizukiA young man from a rural location who is still adjusting to living in the city and as a normal high school student. He is quiet and reserved, but warm-hearted and stable in contrast to Aoko and Alice. He winds up living at the Kuonji mansion as well, despite Alice's attempts to drive him away by ignoring him, and Alice develops uncertain feelings toward him.
- Bad Ass
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Soujuurou literally breaks his arm punching Lugh.
- Child Soldier: Soujuurou came from the same organization as Souichirou, from Fate/stay night
- Country Mouse:
- Na´ve Newcomer: Because of this, he readily accepts the existence of magic as just another wonder of the city.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu??:Soujuurou takes down Lugh, a two thousand year old Nature Spirit whom not even Aoko could defeat, by punching him in the heart and hitting his back with an elbow blow, which freaks Lugh out due to it being a new experience and actually getting beaten in fisticuffs.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Soujuurou, courtesy of Touko. But he got better.
- Idiot Hero: Soujuurou. The guy is just plain clueless.
Tobimaru TsukijiThe popular vice-president of the Student Council, a classmate of Aoko who becomes Sojuro's best friend. He and Aoko when they were close friends as children, though they both deny having any feelings for one another. His family life is apparently complicated and he is known to casually smoke and spend nights out. Tobimaru happens to have unrequited feelings for Kojika Kumari.
Kojika KumariThe treasurer of the Student Council, a friend and classmate of Aoko who possesses a cool-mannered and realistic personality. She is very responsible as a result of being in charge of a household of brothers, but she dislikes how the men in her life look down on her. Though her father disapproves of her desire to attend college, Kojika still works hard to save money to attend anyways.
Housuke KinomiA classmate of Sojuro, Hosuke is a cheerful young man whose primary interests are the attractive girls in class and becoming rich someday. He often tries to organize the male students in class, though his cunning often fails and the girls wind up pitying him instead. He is also Sojuro's co-worker at their part-time job.
May Riddell ArchelotAn idol singer who has travelled around the world, May is also a mage with an eccentric personality. She is acquainted with Sojuro by unknown means and is known by the church. As a mage, her ability is considerable enough to cause trouble for Lugh.
Ritsuka SuseA member of the Mage's Association, though she has only been part of the organization for a year after leaving the Church. It is believed that Ritsuka is apprenticed to the Aozaki family to act as a watchdog, which is why Aoko is suspicious of Ritsuka's intentions.
Yuika SuseRitsuka's twin sister, a member of the church well-known in town as a pious nun. She possesses a genetic condition that results in heightened senses and is skilled in rougher acts as well.
Eiri FumizukaA member of the Church. Despite his gentle personality, his advice is often critical and harsh. He was once apprenticed to the Aozaki family and happens to be Touko's old lover. Because he was strong enough to kill a witch, Touko remains vigilant around him.
Lugh BeowulfThe antagonist of the story, an ageless nature spirit whose true form is a golden werewolf, though he appears as a fair-haired young boy. Other werewolves once revered him as the werewolf who would revive their race, but was ostracized and later sold to Touko Aozaki when it became apparent he was not a true werewolf.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Lugh's backstory.
- Animorphism: Lugh can take either the form of a pretty boy or a wolf.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Lugh No Sells a kick that could break a tree in half.
- Savage Wolves: Antagonistic wolf