open/close all folders
The protagonist of the story, a high school student who has just begun to learn sorcery after moving into an old mansion where a witch was rumored to live. At school, she is the student council president.To see more of Aoko's tropes, see her entry under Tsukihime.
- Action Girl: She's a competent badass girl who can eat her enemies for breakfast with, or without her powers. If she can't beam spam her way to victory, then she can just rely on her own hand to hand combat skills instead.
- Alliterative Name: Aoko Aozaki.
- Almighty Janitor: Her skills as a magus are low, her magic circuits aren't impressive at all compared to Alice and Touko's, and she is, as of Mahoyo's time, an inept mage compared to the two. However, she is flexible when it comes to utilizing her abilities to their fullest potential. And that's not counting Blue yet...
- Badass Adorable: She is absolutely adorable when she smiles and goofs off when her guard's down, but she can still pack a punch in combat when needed, or you know, when angered.
- Big Eater: Much to Alice's displeasure, Aoko's appetite is big, and she'd usually finish the food she and Alice are supposed to eat together first before even getting home when ordering take out!
- Boobs of Steel: Has a really large rack for a seventeen-year old. She's also a very competent Action Girl, with or without magic.
- Brainy Brunette: As inept as she is at being a magus, she's still the Student Council President after all.
- Brutal Honesty: Sees no point in sugarcoating words.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Touko's Cain. Their Sibling Rivalry got real bad and really ugly over the years and the hatred is strong between the two Aozaki sisters.
- Celibate Heroine: If you've played Tsukihime and Melty Blood beforehand, then you should already know that this trope is a Foregone Conclusion for her. That little incident with Ritsuka must've traumatized her a lot for her to stay away from any and all romantic endeavors at all costs. Doesn't stop the game from giving her Ship Tease with Soujuurou though.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: A master of this, next to the Death Glare. It usually pops out whenever she's about to either playfully mock or mercilessly tease someone, a.k.a., Tobimaru. Usually merges with Smug Smiler.
- Childhood Friends: With Tobimaru Tsukiji. Their relationship is close enough for the others to think that they've got this Childhood Friend Romance thing going on, much to both of their chagrins. Also with Alice Kuonji who has been acquainted with their family for a while. Mind you, she openly admits that she would kill them both as a magus at certain points.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: To Soujuurou. She has her job cut out for her...
- Deadpan Snarker: Sometimes. Mostly with regards to Soujuurou.
- Death Glare: She's a master of giving these out and most of her sprites have her usually wearing this expression.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Of the hot-blooded variety.
- Determinator: Her stubbornness and her inability to give up or lose in a fight are features Aoko excels at completely.
- The Dreaded: Among her schoolmates at school. She's so feared that when she entered Soujuurou's normally boisterous class to check up on him, all of the students present there immediately went quiet and returned to each of their proper seats.
- Dude Magnet: In her first year, Aoko attracted virtually every boy in the school to the point they were waging fights against each other to eat with her. This stopped when her personality became evident. Heck, even Nasu himself says that Aoko is a high maintenance girlfriend!
- Enraged by Idiocy: Is pricklier than normal whenever she's around Shizuki. Contributes to most of the game's hilarious moments with her exasperated facial expressions from time to time.
- Expy: While Aoko's character was conceptualized way before Fate/stay night, her incarnation in Mahou Tsukai No Yoru (which was released years after that) shares multiple similarities with Rin Tohsaka.
- Fiery Red Head: Wouldn't be Aoko if she weren't this. Her temper is shorter in this VN too.
- Genki Girl: She's actually pretty cheerful and childishly curious underneath that stern facade she loves putting up all the time.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Activating Blue makes her naturally blue eyes glow brighter from the power overflowing in her body.
- Good Is Not Nice: She is definitely a good and kind person underneath that tsun exterior of hers, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the way she acts and speaks sometimes.
- Grumpy Bear: Especially at the beginning before Character Development kicked in.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: A lot of things can set her off. She cooled down gradually over time, but this trait of hers is still present in extra materials.
- Hate at First Sight: Says that she felt displeasure upon meeting Soujuurou for the first time, in contrast to Soujuurou's Love at First Sight with her. Turns out this is more irrational hatred than anything on her part.
- Hidden Depths: Though most (if not all) of the students in her school fear her for her stern, fiery personality and violent temper, she's also known among them as the type of person who'd (willingly or not) take care of others and is said to be doing a really good job at that. This is one of the earliest hints that she's a lot nicer than she appears to be.
- Hot-Blooded: In contrast to her more reserved sister and her own stoic best friend.
- I Gave My Word: She keeps both the letter and spirit of her word. If she makes a promise, she will keep it.
- Inadequate Inheritor: At least, this is how her sister Touko views her, since her skills in magecraft and number of magic circuits are considerably low compared to her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is totally brash, rude, and a bit of a jerk towards nearly everyone, but shows that she does care for her friends from time to time.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: She's a rookie magus who kicks ass with both her magus powers and martial arts skills.
- Like an Old Married Couple: With Tobimaru. They bicker and take jabs and hurl insults at each other most of the time, but they're also close enough for them to act more natural toward each other.
- Meaningful Name: Aoko means "blue child". Her magic consists of blasting things with blue bullets or blue beams and her runes are all blue. There's also the name of the the Fifth Magic, Blue. In the future, she's known by the title of "Magic Gunner Blue" or "Miss Blue". It should be noted however that Aoko's not too fond of her name, if her telling Shiki to call her anything but Aoko is anything.
- Modesty Shorts: Wears some underneath her skirtnote . Helps that she's a Kick Chick too.
- Not a Morning Person: A trait she shares with three other Type-Moon characters: Rin, Shiki, and Homura.
- Oh, Crap!: Her reaction when she accidentally destroyed one of Alice's Ploys. in Chapter 5. And on the same chapter, this is also her reaction when she sees a gigantic Monster Clown getting ready to chomp on her and Soujuurou from above.
- Perpetual Frowner: Not really, but she constantly gives everyone a Death Glare whenever she's in a bad mood...which is most of the time. Alice calls her out on this.Alice: "Your gaze is too harsh for normal people, Aoko. You should try to be a little more lenient."
- Playboy Bunny: She gets to wear one in one scene. She's...not exactly happy about it.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: When she uses the Fifth Magic, Blue.
- Power Glows: When using Blue for the first time, her entire body starts glowing.
- Pride: Her pride is one of her defining features.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Alice's blue.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Towards Touko after she brutally kills Soujuurou in front of her. This is what lets her use Blue for the first time.
- Student Council President: Her role in the school.
- Super Mode: When using Blue for the first time to accelerate her own time and to give her the power boost needed to beat Touko, Aoko gets a complete Power Makeover that turns her normally brunette hair bright red, makes her blue eyes glow completely bright, and to top it all off, gets a complete wardrobe change that switches her school uniform to that of a partially ripped white, sleeveless shirt that shows her midriff and a pair of jeans. Oh, and she gets some fingerless gloves to go with the outfit too.
- Super Strength: Her kicks are powerful enough to break trees.
- Story-Breaker Power: Blue, as one of the five great Magics from the Nasuverse, allows Aoko to manipulate time to her liking, like how she managed to accelerate her own powers by accessing her ten-years later self's abilities, or when she displaced Soujuurou's death to the far future to revive him. However, the exact nature of Blue is still relatively unknown and what Aoko has shown so far was only the tip of the iceberg.
- Time Master: As part of Blue's power package. She uses this to displace Shizuki's death and to fling it to a distant future.
- Tsundere: A very heavy tsun or harsh type towards nearly everyone she knows thanks to her pride, hotheadedness, and overall grouchiness. Unlike most examples though, it's less of a facade to hide something from anyone and more of her just being genuinely, and harshly frank in general. Uncovering her dere or sweet side however, proves that she can be a very kind and caring person underneath no matter how much she'd want to deny it.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Is stated to be average in terms of her skill in magecraft, but her bullets and energy blasts are powerful and are in a state of pure, raw energy. She also possesses the Fifth Magic, Blue, one of the five great True Magics in the Nasuverse.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With both Tobimaru and Alice, her childhood friends.
- When She Smiles: She's really cute when she's being at her most sincere when smiling.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her winter outfit. Also, her school uniform.
A natural born witch, the daughter of the elder son of the wealthy Kuonji family and a witch he fell in love with, who lives alone in a mansion. She is emotionally detached and self-abusive, thus she does not form relationships easily, but gradually comes to accept Aoko as a friend. She has been acquainted with the Aozaki family for over ten years and serves as Aoko's partner and teacher.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She is emotionally distant towards people and comes off as a cold person in her introduction. The black hair is a bonus.
- Berserk Button: Destroying any of her Ploys is a bad idea, accident or no, and she's described as being more hotheaded than even Aoko when this happens, though her face won't show it that much.
- But Not Too Foreign: Is half-British and half-Japanese.
- Childhood Friends: With both Aozaki sisters, especially Aoko.
- The Comically Serious: She can put on a gigantic, cartoonish penguin costume with a completely straight face.
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually at Aoko's expense.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Is icy, stoic, and borderline emotionless at first glance, but once Soujuurou helps her defrost, she shows that she can be a really sweet girl when she wants to be. She's still reserved about it though.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Her brand of magic incorporates themes directly associated with fairy tales.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She is a half witch born from a pure-blooded witch mother, and a human father.
- The Heretic: The Meinster witches are considered heretics among mages.
- The Mentor: Serves as one to Aoko to help her train in magecraft.
- Multi-Ethnic Name: Her whole name reflects her ethnicity as a half-Japanese, half-British girl. Interestingly, her first name "Alice" is written in Kanji and not in Katakana like most would expect it to be written as.
- Ojou: Her large mansion is a hint already, but it was mentioned that her father was a rich businessman and Alice inherited all the wealth he had. There's also the fact that she studies in Reien Girls' Academy, a school mentioned in Kara no Kyoukai to be an academe that houses girls from rich families.
- Parental Abandonment: Both of her parents were already dead before the start of the story which would explain why she's the sole resident of her house before Aoko and later Shizuki came to reside with her.
- The Quiet One: She makes an effort only to speak when she has to.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Aoko's red.
- The Rival: Aoko sees her as one. It seems to be mutual on Alice's part too.
- Sore Loser: She admits as much in the aftermath of losing to Aoko.
- Squishy Wizard: Remove her powerful magic abilities from her and Alice is completely vulnerable. Contrast Aoko who is a Kung-Fu Wizard.
- The Stoic: Her normal demeanor.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Her default appearance will always be icily stoic, but she has shown that she deeply appreciates and cares for Aoko and Soujuurou in her own way.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Aoko. They constantly try to kill each other on an occasional basis and then have regular conversations like best friends have almost immediately after as if this were a regular thing.
- What Is This Feeling?: Has uncertain feelings towards Shizuki Soujuurou.
A young man from a rural location who is still adjusting to living in the city and as a normal high school student. He is quiet and reserved, but warm-hearted and stable in contrast to Aoko and Alice. He winds up living at the Kuonji mansion as well, despite Alice's attempts to drive him away by ignoring him, and Alice develops uncertain feelings toward him.
- Adorkable: His naivety towards city life, his ditzy personality, plus his genuine kindness towards everyone makes him this.
- Alliterative Name: Soujuurou Shizuki.
- Badass Normal: By virtue of being a snake assassin just like Kuzuki from Fate/stay night. Also, according to Nasu, Soujuurou is the strongest male Type-Moon MC (at least, before he descended the mountains, after which he gradually weakened), stronger than even the likes of Shiki Tohno and Shirou Emiya, both of whom are no slouches themselves.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Remember, he brought down a monstrous werewolf more than half his size by himself with an emotionless expression on his face.
- Blank Slate: What he was before descending the mountains he originated from. His interactions with his friends slowly filled him.
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Soujuurou literally breaks his arm punching Lugh.
- Child Soldier: Soujuurou came from the same organization as Souichirou, from Fate/stay night
- Cloudcuckoolander: Thanks to being raised in the mountains for all his life without contact with any form of modernity until recently, he's this.
- Comically Missing the Point: Sarcastic comments and insults are something he's immune to thanks to this trope. Just ask Aoko.
- Country Mouse: He's a young man who spent most of his life in a secluded mountain village and is completely naive and inexperienced with city life.
- Covered with Scars: Looking underneath his sleeved clothes and bandanged neck reveals that his body is covered in multiple scratches and scars. This serves as Foreshadowing later in his confrontation with Lugh.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Him being a completely meek and very strange but friendly boy completely conceals the fact that he hails from the same organization as Kuzuki, making him a dangerous Snake assassin like him. So his victory over Lugh was a surprising sight for everyone to see.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He's brutally sliced in half by Touko while he was helping Aoko up. Ouch.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: He hands Lugh his very first defeat in the entirety of his ventures.
- Deuteragonist: The second most important character in the story next to Aoko. In fact, he has many chapters in the story that focus greatly on him.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?:Soujuurou takes down Lugh, a two thousand year old Nature Spirit whom not even Aoko could defeat, by punching him in the heart and hitting his back with an elbow blow, which freaks Lugh out due to it being a new experience and actually getting beaten in fisticuffs.
- Evil Counterpart: Inverted. He is Soichiro Kuzuki's good counterpart, having similar names, backgrounds, and the same initial emptiness before meeting people. The difference is, Soujuurou is a genuinely nice guy, is one of the protagonists, is willing to protect his friends, and is actually averse to killing while Kuzuki is a ruthless killer who has no problem getting rid of his own students for the sake of his lover, who freed him from the empty life he was living, and is an antagonist Shirou and Rin have to face in their story.
- Expy: He's what you get if you mix Shirou, Kuzuki, and Shiki in a pot.
- Fear Is the Appropriate Response: Meeting Touko at the Pachinko Parlor elicited him running from his job as far as his legs could take him in Chapter 3.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Soujuurou, courtesy of Touko. But he got better.
- He Knows Too Much: He witnesses what looked to be a murder in the park by Aoko while she was doing mage-stuff, leading to Aoko and later Alice trying to kill him. Both eventually decide to let it go.
- Idiot Hero: Soujuurou. The guy is just plain clueless.
- The Ingenue: Male example. Soujuurou is so completely innocent over things concerning modern human civilization that his curiosity over many things is endearingly childlike.
- Love at First Sight: Played With. Soujuurou said he liked Aoko the moment he saw her. Of course, afterwards the narration adds it was simple kindness he felt for her.
- Made of Iron: He takes a Gandr Curse and keeps going, despite the fact that the illness takes route.
- Magnetic Hero: His kindness and curious naivety won him over a lot of friends.
- Muggle Best Friend: Of sorts to Aoko and Alice.
- Naïve Newcomer: Because of this, he readily accepts the existence of magic as just another wonder of the city.
- Nice Guy: Very selfless, forgiving, and kind. To say that he won a boatload of friends thanks to this is an understatement. He even managed to win over the temperamental Aoko, the sharp-tongued Tobimaru, and the icy Alice.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Played with. The story loves pointing out that Soujuurou is a normal person with no special qualities whatsoever especially when you compare him to his friends. While it is true that he's just an average plain paper compared to the more colorful Aoko and Alice, as you go further into the plot, you'll find out that he's anything but regular.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: He's sealed in a bottle at the end of Chapter 5 by Aoko and Chapter 6 by Alice.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Believes that it's wrong to kill. It's this belief that prevents him from killing Lugh despite defeating him after he harmed Aoko and Alice. It's also because of this that he convinced Aoko to spare Touko's life after Aoko's Roaring Rampage of Revenge over his death at Touko's hands.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: He has multiple jobs, including one where he works at an amusement park.
Tobimaru TsukijiThe popular vice-president of the Student Council, a classmate of Aoko who becomes Sojuro's best friend. He and Aoko were close friends as children, though they both deny having any feelings for one another. His family life is apparently complicated and he is known to casually smoke and spend nights out. Tobimaru happens to have unrequited feelings for Kojika Kumari.
- Alliterative Name: Tobimaru Tsukiji.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Has feelings for Kojika, but she has, as of the moment, no interest in pursuing a romantic relationship thanks to her putting her own priorities in line first.
- Bishounen: He's a pretty attractive young lad with chiseled features.
- Butt Monkey: Downplayed. Aoko usually treats him like dirt as her vice student council president.
- Childhood Friends: With Aoko.
- Coattail-Riding Relative: To his own parents, mentioning that he can only do so while he's in school for another year, and he's getting his money's worth while he can.
- In-Series Nickname: He's given the nickname 'His Highness' because of his prince-like demeanor.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's the type of person who'll only make friends with you if you benefit him somehow and won't bother with you if you won't. He also won't have much of a problem hurling insults right in front of your face, and yet despite this and his claims that he's a misanthrope, Tobimaru still does his job well as the vice president, often turning away any unfortunate soul who dares try to ask Aoko out to prevent "casualties" from happening, and his friendships with both Aoko and Soujuurou are genuine.
- Like an Old Married Couple: With Aoko. They may bicker and insult each other most of the time, but apart from Alice, and later, Soujuurou, he's Aoko's second most trusted confidant and they practically hold very natural conversations with each other whenever they're alone.
- Odd Friendship: With Soujuurou. He mentions that the fact that Soujuurou is so honest is the reason he appreciates him (saying that a human that doesn't lie isn't a human), despite being a self-proclaimed misanthrope that only appreciates people he can use.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: His family basically runs the school, so while he's in it he has the run of things and uses the privileges to his advantage.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: He ends up telling Aoko that Soujuurou was the one who witnessed the murder, sparking the attempt on Souji.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Aoko, his childhood friend.
- Would Hit a Girl: He mentions once hitting Aoko, fully expecting to get knocked around for it, but she decided to Turn the Other Cheek. The truth is that she caught him before he could hit her and then left him beaten.
Kojika KumariThe treasurer of the Student Council, a friend and classmate of Aoko who possesses a cool-mannered and realistic personality. She is very responsible as a result of being in charge of a household of brothers, but she dislikes how the men in her life look down on her. Though her father disapproves of her desire to attend college, Kojika still works hard to save money to attend anyways.
- A Day in the Limelight: She's the focus character of the side story included in the visual novel, set after the main story's events.
- Alliterative Name: Kojika Kumari. See a pattern here?
- Ascended Extra: She's a supporting character in the main story, but she becomes the main character of the bonus story included in the VN.
- Family Versus Career: She goes against her father's wishes by working hard so she could go to college in spite of his disapproval of her doing so.
- Humans Are Bastards: If the story about the Passenger Pigeons she tells Soujuurou is anything, she may believe this.
- I Have Brothers: While she subverts most of the tropes associated with it, Kojika is the lone daughter of a family of brothers, and displays an assertive personality when getting what she wants in life, namely by going to college against her father's wishes.
- Perpetual Frowner: Nearly all of her character sprites have her frowning by default.
- Spirited Young Lady: Appears cool and passive on the outside, but is outspoken, clever, witty, bold, and independent, wishing to go to college to pursue a career against her father's disapproval of her doing so.
- Tomato in the Mirror: In the side story featuring her as the main character, she's (temporarily) one of Alice's ploys and the impostor the guests have to spot in order to win Alice's game in the mansion. Of course, after this, she goes right back to being a regular human again.
Housuke KinomiA classmate of Sojuurou, Hosuke is a cheerful young man whose primary interests are the attractive girls in class and becoming rich someday. He often tries to organize the male students in class, though his cunning often fails and the girls wind up pitying him instead. He is also Sojuro's co-worker at their part-time job.
- Butt Monkey: The guy gets absolutely no respect at all from anyone.
May Riddell ArchelotAn idol singer who has traveled around the world, May is also a mage with an eccentric personality. She is acquainted with Sojuurou by unknown means and is known by the church. As a mage, her ability is considerable enough to cause trouble for Lugh.
Ritsuka SuseA member of the Mage's Association, though she has only been part of the organization for a year after leaving the Church. It is believed that Ritsuka is apprenticed to the Aozaki family to act as a watchdog, which is why Aoko is suspicious of Ritsuka's intentions.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as one to the younger characters.
Yuika SuseRitsuka's twin sister, a member of the church well-known in town as a pious nun. She possesses a genetic condition that results in heightened senses and is skilled in rougher acts as well.
- Deadpan Snarker: For a nun, she's pretty venomous with her comments.Yuika: "Oh? Aoko is engaging in charity? The world must be coming to an end."
- Eyes Always Shut: Thanks to being blind.
- Volleying Insults: Engages in a stealthy one with Aoko in her introduction.
Eiri FumizukaA member of the Church. Despite his gentle personality, his advice is often critical and harsh. He was once apprenticed to the Aozaki family and happens to be Touko's old lover. Because he was strong enough to kill a witch, Touko remains vigilant around him.
Lugh BeowulfThe antagonist of the story, an ageless nature spirit whose true form is a golden werewolf, though he appears as a fair-haired young boy. Other werewolves once revered him as the werewolf who would revive their race, but was ostracized and later sold to Touko Aozaki when it became apparent he was not a true werewolf.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Lugh's backstory.
- Animorphism: Lugh can take either the form of a pretty boy or a wolf.
- Anti-Magic: Lugh is a phantasmal beast who is completely immune to magic, making him the perfect weapon to fight against magi and other magical creatures.
- The Dragon: To Touko's Big Bad.
- Heel–Face Turn: After losing to Soujuurou and after Touko abandons him, Lugh decides to follow Soujuurou and the gang around as revealed in a side story set a year after the events of the main story.
- Invincible Villain: He went on numerous expeditions with Touko that involved him defeating an unknown number of enemies and other phantasmal beasts and had yet to be beaten once. Not even Aoko and Alice can beat him thanks to his invulnerability to magic. Soujuurou, however, finally ends his invincible streak.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Lugh No Sells a kick that could break a tree in half.
- Savage Wolves: Antagonistic wolf
- Super Mode: He can shift his wolf form into different builds, particularly, his final form is that of a muscular, gigantic golden werewolf whose strength is maximized to his peak compared to his other smaller wolf forms.
Touko AozakiAoko's older sister, regarded as a genius magus in the Aozaki family, who believed that their magical lineage was dying out. She and Aoko don't get along particularly well. Alice enjoys Touko's company because she is a person who can truly understand Alice, though Alice does little to stop the two from fighting.To see more of her tropes, see her folder in Kara no Kyoukai.
- Affably Evil: She's genuine friends with Alice and is nice in her own way to other people except for Aoko, who she loathes, but she is the Big Bad of the story.
- All Your Powers Combined: Steals the magic crests of numerous magi to give herself the power boost necessary to defeat Alice and Aoko.
- Being Watched: Touko somehow knew when Souji saw her in the camera and turned to face him.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of Mahou Tsukai No Yoru.
- Big Bad Friend: To Alice.
- Bi the Way: She's Eiri Fumizuka's old flame, and she also definitely didn't hesitate when she gave Alice that Big Damn Kiss.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Aoko's Abel. Let's just say she was pissed when her inferior, less talented, and completely untrained younger sister was given the family crest instead of her who had to work hard to even try to earn it.
- Chekhov's Gun: If you've read or watched Kara no Kyoukai before, then the puppet sent to attack Aoko in Chapter 5 should be the biggest hint that confirms that Touko is its creator and that she's been the one instigating the attacks against Aoko and Alice.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She appears as early as Chapter 3 playing with a slot machine in the casino Soujuurou worked part time in but doesn't appear again until later chapters where, ''tada!' it's revealed that she's the Big Bad and intruder Aoko and Alice have been trying to hunt down.
- Combat Pragmatist: She's a completely dirty fighter in her fights against Alice and Aoko thanks to bringing the undefeated Lugh along with her during her encounters with them.
- Evil Redhead: As a contrast to Aoko.
- The Glasses Come Off: Glasses on, she's the friendly older sister-type character who is playful and teasing towards you. Glasses off, and she's probably scheming your death in more ways than one.
- Meaningful Name: "Touko" means "orange child", a name that contrasts that of her sister's name's color motif.
- Meganeko: It's a staple of hers.
- Mythology Gag: Her appearance here in this game is a combination of her old prototype design and her updated redesign.
- Pet the Dog: While it was for pragmatic purposes, her taking Lugh under her wing before abandoning him following his loss to Soujuurou can be seen as this. Her sparing of Alice in their first encounter despite having the opportunity to kill her right then and there is also this.
- The Resenter: To say Touko was pissed when Aoko was the one who inherited the family crest and Blue instead of her who had been training a lifetime in magecraft for this is an understatement.
- Self-Made Orphan: More like "self-made granddaughter" since she murdered her and Aoko's grandfather after he passed on the family crest to Aoko instead of her. This is one of the reasons for Aoko's animosity towards her.
- Smoking Is Cool: Good lord she smokes like a chimney!