open/close all folders
- Action Girl
- Alliterative Name: Aoko Aozaki.
- Badass: Eats her enemies for breakfast with either her powers or her innate, superhuman feats of strength.
- Boobs of Steel: Has a really large rack for a sixteen-year old. She's also a very competent Action Girl, with or without magic.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Touko's Cain.
- Celibate Heroine: It's pretty much a Foregone Conclusion since her adult self doesn't end up with anybody in Tsukihime and in Melty Blood, but the moment that solidified her as someone with an antipathy towards romance would be when she discovers that the "guy" she'd been crushing on was actually Ritsuka in drag. This practically mortified her enough to stay away from any and all romantic endeavors. Doesn't stop the game from teasing her with Shizuki.
- Childhood Friends: With Tobimaru Tsukiji. Their relationship is close enough for the others to think that they've got this Childhood Friend Romance thing going on, much to both of their chagrins.
- Fiery Red Head: Wouldn't be Aoko if she weren't this.
- Hot-Blooded: In contrast to her more reserved sister and her own best friend.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is totally brash, rude, and a bit of a jerk towards nearly everyone, but shows that she does care for her friends from time to time.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: When she uses the Fifth Magic, Blue.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Alice's blue.
- Sibling Rivalry: With Touko, her older sister. Unlike most examples, this rivalry got real bad and really ugly over the years and the hatred is strong between the two Aozaki sisters.
- Student Council President
- Tsundere: A Type A towards nearly everyone, ESPECIALLY to Sojuurou.
- She outright punches him hard enough to knock him out after he began to unintentionally fluster her in one of the chapters.
Alice KuonjiA natural born witch, the daughter of the elder son of the wealthy Kuonji family and a witch he fell in love with, who lives alone in a mansion. She is emotionally detached and self-abusive, thus she does not form relationships easily, but gradually comes to accept Aoko as a friend. She has been acquainted with the Aozaki family for over ten years and serves as Aoko's partner and teacher.
Soujuurou ShizukiA young man from a rural location who is still adjusting to living in the city and as a normal high school student. He is quiet and reserved, but warm-hearted and stable in contrast to Aoko and Alice. He winds up living at the Kuonji mansion as well, despite Alice's attempts to drive him away by ignoring him, and Alice develops uncertain feelings toward him.
- Bad Ass
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Soujuurou literally breaks his arm punching Lugh.
- Child Soldier: Soujuurou came from the same organization as Souichirou, from Fate/stay night
- Country Mouse:
- Na´ve Newcomer: Because of this, he readily accepts the existence of magic as just another wonder of the city.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu??:Soujuurou takes down Lugh, a two thousand year old Nature Spirit whom not even Aoko could defeat, by punching him in the heart and hitting his back with an elbow blow, which freaks Lugh out due to it being a new experience and actually getting beaten in fisticuffs.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Soujuurou, courtesy of Touko. But he got better.
- Idiot Hero: Soujuurou. The guy is just plain clueless.
- Nice Guy: In the same vein as Shirou is toward Rin in the UBW route.
Tobimaru TsukijiThe popular vice-president of the Student Council, a classmate of Aoko who becomes Sojuro's best friend. He and Aoko when they were close friends as children, though they both deny having any feelings for one another. His family life is apparently complicated and he is known to casually smoke and spend nights out. Tobimaru happens to have unrequited feelings for Kojika Kumari.
Kojika KumariThe treasurer of the Student Council, a friend and classmate of Aoko who possesses a cool-mannered and realistic personality. She is very responsible as a result of being in charge of a household of brothers, but she dislikes how the men in her life look down on her. Though her father disapproves of her desire to attend college, Kojika still works hard to save money to attend anyways.
Housuke KinomiA classmate of Sojuro, Hosuke is a cheerful young man whose primary interests are the attractive girls in class and becoming rich someday. He often tries to organize the male students in class, though his cunning often fails and the girls wind up pitying him instead. He is also Sojuro's co-worker at their part-time job.
May Riddell ArchelotAn idol singer who has travelled around the world, May is also a mage with an eccentric personality. She is acquainted with Sojuro by unknown means and is known by the church. As a mage, her ability is considerable enough to cause trouble for Lugh.
Ritsuka SuseA member of the Mage's Association, though she has only been part of the organization for a year after leaving the Church. It is believed that Ritsuka is apprenticed to the Aozaki family to act as a watchdog, which is why Aoko is suspicious of Ritsuka's intentions.
Yuika SuseRitsuka's twin sister, a member of the church well-known in town as a pious nun. She possesses a genetic condition that results in heightened senses and is skilled in rougher acts as well.
Eiri FumizukaA member of the Church. Despite his gentle personality, his advice is often critical and harsh. He was once apprenticed to the Aozaki family and happens to be Touko's old lover. Because he was strong enough to kill a witch, Touko remains vigilant around him.
Lugh BeowulfThe antagonist of the story, an ageless nature spirit whose true form is a golden werewolf, though he appears as a fair-haired young boy. Other werewolves once revered him as the werewolf who would revive their race, but was ostracized and later sold to Touko Aozaki when it became apparent he was not a true werewolf.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Lugh's backstory.
- Animorphism: Lugh can take either the form of a pretty boy or a wolf.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Lugh No Sells a kick that could break a tree in half.
- Savage Wolves: Antagonistic wolf