Characters: Cavalier of the Abyss
This is the Character Sheet
for Cavalier of the Abyss
, the sequel to Immortal Regis
. Needs more love.
A mysterious undead boy seeking revenge on Nex for the destruction of his village. He heavily implied to be Nex and Serin's long-lost son, although given the evidence surrounding another character being Nex and Serin's child as well, nothing is confirmed.
- Archnemesis Dad: He's potentially the son of the Regis.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: When Yuan is mortally wounded by her own mother, Oski goads Xix into confessing his feelings for her.
- Childhood Friends: With Siana. Complete with a Childhood Friend Romance in that Xix swore to become strong for Siana's sake. Sadly it was not meant to be.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Administers one to Caladbog!Ouroboros after letting Skoll take over.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Siana's death and the destruction of home village are this for him.
- Establishing Character Moment: Takes Yuan hostage and assaults her, but when Nex tries to cut her in half to get to him, Xix takes the blade.
- Fatal Flaw: His obsession with revenge towards Nex. He's been struggling to overcome this with Yuan's help.
- Forceful Kiss: Kisses Yuan against her will, then bites her tongue to drain blood from her when they first meet.
- Friend to All Children: Saves Miya despite her being Nex's daughter. Being around children in general seems to bring out Xix's good side.
- Hellish Pupils: Possibly due to Skoll's presence inside him.
- Green Eyes
- I Hate You Regis Dad
- Incest Subtext: With Siana, who was his Childhood Friend Romance and possibly his hidden sister.
- It's All My Fault: His reaction to Siana's own tale of her death.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Is quick to attack regardless of the consequences, especially if Nex is involved, though he is getting better at holding back.
- Luminescent Blush: When he sees Yuan dressed up later on.
- Missing Mom: Serin may be his mother.
- Oblivious to Love: Thinks the reason his heart skips a beat when he sees Yuan dressed up is because of a medical condition. Lampshaded by Oski and Ouroboros.
- One-Winged Angel: Being separated from his heart for too long awakens the demonic wolf sealed within him by Oski.
- Pet the Dog: Tries to save Miya despite her being the daughter of his enemy.
- Power Perversion Potential: Accidentally uses Taeguk to rip open Viryuna's shirt.
- Pragmatic Hero: Starts off willing to do whatever it took to get his revenge on Nex, but slowly mellows over time.
- Revenge: His primary motivation is to avenge the death of Siana and the destruction of his hometown.
- Royal Blood: Xix's blood released the seal in Thanatos, something only those of blood relation to Nex are able to do.
- Whether or not it was his blood or the blood of the one who possessed the heart that he devoured upon his raising as an undead remains to be seen.
- Scary Teeth: Has fangs.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: Is the can of Skoll, a wolf-like demon.
- Secret Art: The Taeguk.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: With Yuan. Understandably since Yuan's father is very much an Overprotective Dad.
- Supporting Protagonist: Word of God says Nex is still the main character, but the story is centered more around Xix.
- Triang Relations: Was in a Type 4 as a child with himself as B, Siana as C, and a girl named Linne as A. He's in a Type 10 in the present with Yuan as A, himself as B, and Siana (or at least his devotion to her memory) as C, and a Type 6 with Viryuna as A, himself as B, and Yuan as C.
- The Undead: Siana is the necromancer who raised him from the dead, and it is only in rare cases an undead can survive without their necromancer's blood. Since Xix literally stole Siana's heart, it seems likely this is how he survives. Oski seems to know and hints towards this in earlier chapters.
- I Died Because Of You: Siana of all people hits him with this, sending him into a Heroic BSOD.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: The destruction of his village and Siana's death broke him badly, though there are traces of his old self left.
- When He Smiles: It's quite sweet.
- The Worf Effect: Despite advancing leaps and bounds in his Taeguk training, he's easily defeated by Prince Ninurta.
The Crown Prince of Chaos, Ninurta is somewhat aloof but good-natured, and desires above all the approval of his father Nex, who he bears no resemblance to - leading to rumours that he is illegitimate. It turns out he actually may be the son of Iffrita and Mikhail Noah
, although he didn't know it until the events of the story revealed this to him and others. He is later captured by Siana and taken to the Clan of the Night. His status as Nex's son is also debatable despite earlier revelations, as Just seemed to be able to successfully use his blood for an inheritance ritual, he has not been infected by Caladbolg's curse when only Night Clan are immune, and that later on a girl who resembled his mother appears. Thus it is possible he is actually Nex's son after all
- An Ice Person: Uses Ice magic
- Arranged Marriage: With Yuan.It falls through despite both being very cordial with each other.
- Beta Couple: Ninurrta and Siana, try as he might to deny it he grows attracted to her free spirit.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When he snaps, he really lets loose.
- Boy Meets Girl: Foil to Xix's introduction. Whereas Xix abducts Yuan to plot Nex's assassination, Siana kidnaps Ninurrta to use as a hostage during her raid of Merkava castle.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Former glory of the ancient, appearance of the last scale-winged ancestor!"
- Comforting Comforter: Siana does this when Ninurrta breaks down crying over realizing Nex sent assassins after him.
- Dating Catwoman: Siana is his supposed enemy being from the Night Clan but he grows attracted to her over the course of the series as they form an alliance. He is confused about his feelings since he still holds some lingering ties to the Demon Clan.
- Despair Event Horizon: Crosses this when he finds out Nex is not his father and when Nex declared him a traitor.
- Face-Heel Turn: Joins the Clan of the Night following his exile. He lampshades it in an internal monologue invoking For Want of a Nail.
- Foil: Serves as one to Xix. Whereas Xix used to do the right thing for the 'wrong' reason (Saving Miya so he can use her as a hostage), Ninurta now finds himself doing the wrong things for the 'right' reasons (Betray his father to save his mother).
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards Xix. Initially for receiving Nex's attention within a short time period, which Ninurrta has tried to gain for years. Then on Siana's lingering attachment towards Xix, her unfortunate killer, because he desires her.
- Horned Humanoid: Inherited from his mother and his father... we think. It's complicated.
- Magic Knight: Specializes in Ice magic.
- Noble Fugitive: Is declared a traitor after running away from a public test to show he is Regis' actual son and subsequently appearing in the company of the Clan of Night attacker, Siana.
- Obliviousto Love: Ninurrta does not understand why he grows determined in seeking out Siana after she goes on a mission despite Caladborg's disapproval. Finally, realizes he loves her when he grows jealous of her affection towards Xix.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The Noah Clan's Secret Art allows him to partially transform into a dragon by reciting an invocation.
- The Rival: He and Xix are headed in this direction.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Joins the Clan of the Night after finding a father-figure in Caladbolg.
- The Unfavourite: To Nex.
- Warrior Prince: Considering his parents he is a surprisingly wise and noble one.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: All he wants is Nex's approval. Ultimately deconstructed.
The princess of the Serpent Clan and Ninurta's fiancée. She meets Xix when he attacks her caravan thinking it was Nex's, and despite the two being hostile towards each other they quickly become close friends and then some.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Xix was definitely the 'Bad Boy' to her at their first initial meeting and yet she couldn't keep him out of her thoughts even though she was meeting with her future husband. Since then, Xix has drastically turned from being a revenge-driven maniac to a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Lately, he's dropped most of the 'jerk' facade too, especially around Yuan.
- Arranged Marriage: With Ninurta, though it falls through after Xix and the Night Clan attack.
- Badass Princess: Daughter of Yongje Yeonoh, Head of the Serpent Clan and a powerful magician in her own right.
- Black Magician Girl: Actually one of the few powerful Mages left in Chaos.
- CPR (Clean, Pretty, Reliable): Gives this to Xix when he nearly drowns.
- Daddy's Girl: Her father is extremely overprotective of her, but she has a good relationship with him.
- Damsel in Distress: Starts out this way, courtesy of Xix.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Or at least her cousin Viryuna does.
- Forceful Kiss: Xix kisses Yuan against her will, then bites her tongue to drain blood from her when they first meet.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: With Xix. Miya frequently asks how intimate they are, but she and Xix maintain they're Just Friends and Can't Spit It Out to each other.
- Luminescent Blush: When she remembers how she met Xix, who was in 'bad boy' mode and pretty much sexually assaulted her. Although to his credit, he is ashamed of how he acted towards her.
- Morality Pet: Finds herself being this towards Xix.
- Rapunzel Hair: Along with Siana and Diffor has the longest hair of the female protagonists.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: According to her cousin Viryuna, this is Nex and other nobles' opinion of her after Ninurta appears to run off with the Night clan.
The supposed son of Nex and Serin, he is actually a human undead with a false personality commissioned by Navarus, Serin's father, in in a ploy to unseal his daughter. He was contracted to the snake demon Ouroboros by Oski in an effort to stop a rampaging Xix, and also takes sadistic pleasure in tormenting Ninoorut.
- Anti-Hero:For the time being. With the revelation that Xix may be Serin's son, Navarus has asked/ordered Just to keep him safe, though Just, or rather Ouroboros, has his own reasons for doing so.
- Ambiguously Gay: Some of his scenes with Ninurta are just... suggestive and a little bit creepy.
- Artificial Human: His body was created to resemble Nex as a child.
- Creepy Child: Comes with having a sadistic snake demon possess a soul-less body.
- Demonic Possession: "Just" is simply an alias Ouroboros assumed. The body itself was mindless.
- Enemy Mine: With Skoll's host Xix, who he says he hates so much that he doesn't want to kill him. Instead he sends Ninurta to do the job for him.
- Surprisingly, They make a pretty good team... at least during fights.
- Enemy Summoner: Can spawn demonic serpents, but is perfectly capable of kicking ass on his own.
- Evil Prince: His body was created to play the role of Nex and Serin's long lost son.
- Faux Affably Evil: Is constantly cheerful, but horrendously cruel and sadistic.
- Fatal Flaw: Gluttony and Greed, according to himself. Lust as well, considering his attitude towards Yuan and Siana.
- Hellish Pupils: He is often shown with slitted pupils, emphasizing the snake-demon within him.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: His attitude towards Siana after he captures her, complete with Lecherous Licking and tying her up with demonic snakes.
- Jerkass: He's very cheerful about being cruel towards others.
- Manipulative Bastard: WELL? What else would you expect from a snake demon?
- Oh, Crap: When a ticked off Nex confronts him, Ouroboros is noticeably afraid.
- Patricide: A trait of Oski's Evils, including Ouroboros, is to attempt to kill their creator. Thus far, Ouroboros has contented himself with torturing Oski's Meat Puppet at every opportunity.
- Poisonous Person: Produces a number of different venom with a variety of effects, including one that acts as a truth serum.
- Royal Brat: See Evil Prince.
- Scaled Up: When using his power.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Just's true name is Ouroboros, a snake demon that was sealed inside a mindless body made of Night Clan corpses.
- Softspoken Sadist: Is generally polite and softspoken, but gleefully sadistic.
- Smug Smiler: His most common facial expression, although it can cross into Psychotic Smirk.
- Smug Snake: Literally, as he's a snake demon inhabiting an artificial body and he's very arrogant.
- Token Evil Teammate: To Xix and Yuan.
- Troll: Just loves to screw with people - especially Ninurta, Xix, and Oski - for pure sadistic amusement.
- Underestimating Badassery: This is a problem for him. He underestimated a fragment of Caladbog and it nearly over took him. He taunts the Regis for the title of being the next heir by threatening to unleash the fragment of Caladbog he has. Nex immediately grabs his head faster than he could see, explains he can kill him as he sees fit, and gives him the key to Chaos that he wanted and saying he would announce him as his successor the next day, while stating he can only use the key if he allows. Nex just doesn't care about him because he can take him easily.
- Yandere: After being exposed to Caladbog, he falls in love with its overwhelming power and charisma and lets himself be taken over.
A sorcerer whose true motivation is unknown. He can project his mind into a crow
that he uses to follow Xix around, and is famous for creating Evils, powerful demons sealed in stone that can be contracted to people, giving them a Super-Powered Evil Side
- Admiring the Abomination: Over his own creations, no less.
- Astral Projection: One of his powers, which he uses to operate his Meat Puppet.
- Butt Monkey: His Meat Puppet is the constant target of verbal and physical abuse from both Xix and Just.
- Chessmaster Sidekick: He seems mostly harmless outside of one of his end goals being to see Calabolg's power released so that he can battle Nex and using things like Xix's contract and feelings to do it.
- Creepy Crows: His Meat Puppet is a crow with an eye patch.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: For all his foolish behavior he is still one of the more powerful and knowledgable players in the story, although he rarely shows it.
- Deal with the Devil: Loves doing this. He strictly abides by the rules of his contracts, although he never breaks a promise to his contractees - as when Xix begs him to save Yuan, Oski - despite having openly flirted with Yuan in the past - refuses due to it not being part of Xix's original contract and says that Xix would likely have to sacrifice his remaining life-force in a second contract to heal her.
- Exact Words: He explains that had Navarus asked him if he could find the child of Serin, he would have immediately pointed him to Xix, who he had known for a longer time due to the contract. Instead, Navarus asked him for a child that could pass as the child of Serin, and so he got Just.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears an eyepatch. Even his Meat Puppet wears one.
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It: He shamelessly ogles just about every female he comes across.
- Manipulative Bastard: He immediately recognizes that Siana's fake body has the magic stone Nirvana inside of it, but to prevent Xix and everyone else from noticing he presents Semek as proof he's Serin's son and has her father lead him to them while he tries to get it out. Just immediately sees through this and points out in private that he could easily restore the connection between Siana's fake body and real body if he wants and he's playing them all, but he won't tell anyone but it amuses him.
- Our Founder: Legend proclaims him as the progenitor of the Demon Clan.
- Red Baron: In legends he's known as the King of the Crows.
- Sissy Villain: For a powerful sorcerer he seems pretty weak compare others, and he gets the title of villain because it is revealed early on his goal is to enable the Night Clan to free Caladbolg's power in order to see another bout between Caladbolg and Nex.
- Smug Smiler: Is supremely overconfident both in his powers and his ability with women.
- Turned Against Their Masters: A trait of the monsters he creates.
- Vain Sorcerer: Is incredibly arrogant and vain.
Nex's first wife and
partner from Immortal Regis
, and a skilled Necromancer. She is currently imprisoned in an eternal nightmare for supposedly
betraying Nex, but not before giving birth to a child, who is revealed in one character's flashback to be Xix and in another flashback she mentions Siana being her daughter, leaving open questions who or how many she had before capture
- The Atoner: Sought to sacrifice herself to atone for turning accidentally Jae Hoon into Caladbolg.
- Dark Magical Girl: Subverted. While she does have the look and title, being a Necromancer from the House of Demon, she is one of the most selfless characters in the entire story. She's also regarded as being the strongest magician left in Chaos.
- Death by Irony: Narrowly avoids this courtesy of Iffrita, as Nex refused to execute her.
- Determinator: By virtue of being The Atoner, she actually became one of the five pillars that supported Chaos's very existence in the absence of Diffor's magic stone, which was being used by Jae Hyuk. Even her rival from another clan came to respect her sheer willpower and mental fortitude to withstand the enormous drain on both her magic and body for three years.
- Another was that while she was being used as a replacement for Diffor's magic stone, she was also having a portion of her blood drained every three days and sent to Jae-Hyuk since Undead technically need their master's blood to keep functioning.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Was sealed away in an eternal nightmare by Nex.
- Guilt Complex: During the flashback arc. She still carried massive guilt for bringing Jae-Hyuki's little brother to Chaos and inadvertently allowing him to be possessed by Calabolg. It's the reason why she volunteered to be the stand-in power source for one of Chaos's Pillars despite the inherent danger.
- Ojou: She is the daughter of the chief of the Demon Clan.
- Necromancer: She was the one who raised Jae-Hyuk from the dead way back in Immortal Regis.
- Rapunzel Hair: Along with Diffor and Yuan has the longest hair of the female characters in the series.
- Sealed Good in a Can: As part of Iffrita's attempted revenge gambit.
- Iffrita actually wanted her killed as a traitor, it was Jae-Hyuk who opted to seal her away.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Jae-Hyuk.
- They Do: Was happily married to Jae-Hyuk long enough to become pregnant.
- Triang Relations: Type 4 in the flashback arc, with both Diffor and Iffrita as A, Jae-Hyuk as B, and herself as C.
Nex's sword, which usually takes the form of a woman. She is very protective of him, and is the only person he trusts completely.
- Ancient Artifact: Is an ancient symbiotic shapeshifting weapon.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She usually takes the form of a young woman when not being wielded by Nex.
- Cargo Ship: In-universe, ships herself with Jae-Hyuk in the flashback arc.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: In the flashback arc. When the blood from Serin would arrive, she would send it away without Jae-Hyuk's knowledge.
- Cool Sword: Just check out the Weapon Tropes below:
- The Confidant: To Nex.
- Hopeless Suitor: Had a severe crush on Jae-Hyuk in the flashback arc.
- She still seems to have it as of chapter 99, when she tries to stop Nex from checking on Serin after he senses activity from her.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Tries to invoke this with Breast Expansion in the flashback arc, but fails.
- Intangible Woman: Can walk through walls and doors.
- Man Child: Acts immature at times.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Nex, a contrast to her relationship to him in the flashback arc.
- In chapter 99, she still seems to have romantic feelings for him, after trying to stop Nex from going to Serin's cell, when he had a legitimate reason to.
- Rapunzel Hair: Along with Siana and Yuan has the longest hair in the series.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Depore is the most popular variant.
- The Starscream: Is accused of being this when she passes information about Nex's weaknesses to Xix, although she claims that she is completely loyal to the Regis.
- It was more of a "get close and earn his trust" than an actual weakness.
- The Symbiote: Is bonded to Jae-Hyuk.
- Triang Relations: Type 4 in the flashback arc, with both herself and Iffrita as A, Jae-Hyuk as B, and Serin as C.
- Tsundere: Very much Type A in the flashback arc. She has evidently mellowed over the years, though.
- Weapon Tropes
Nex's daughter with Iffrita, Miya is a sickly child who needs doses of her father's blood to stay alive. She encounters Xix after having run away from the palace, and befriends him. Xix's efforts to rescue her when she was abducted by members of the Clan of the Night, coupled with the fact that his blood could heal her, convinced Nex to spare him. Out of all Nex's possible offspring, Miya is the only one he expresses genuine affection towards.
The princess of the Noah clan, second
wife of Nex, and mother of Ninurta and Miya. She first met Jae-Hyuk when he rescued her from falling while trying to retrieve her beloved, deceased mother's pendant and fell in love with him right away. Despite claiming to support Jae-Hyuk's love for Serin, she slept with her cousin Mikhail in order to bribe him to make it appear Serin betrayed Jae Hyuk and
married him herself. She cares little for her sickly daughter, but is obsessed with getting Nex to name Ninurta as his successor. Following Ninurta's abduction Nex places her under house arrest and later plans to have her executed.
Xix's childhood friend and possible sister, and definitely Necromancer,
who was killed by Nex's troops. She found Caladbolg injured after a fight with Nex and nursed him back to health. Caladbolg's presence infected the surrounding landscape and tainted a girl from her village named Linne, resulting in Nex ordering the massacre of her entire village. She reappears as a member of the Clan of the Night, attacking the capital and abducting Prince Ninurta on accident. She calls Caladbolg her uncle and is utterly dedicated to him, to the point of blindly charging into enemy territory, where she is captured and tortured by Ouroboros.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Was shunned by all of the other children except Xix.
- Back from the Dead: Was resurrected/saved by Caladbog.
- Blood Knight: Loves a good fight.
- Body Backup Drive: Siana's real body is contained in a cryogenic tank in the basement of Caladbolg's apartment complex.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: With Xix.
- Damsel in Distress: Is captured by Ouroboros following a failed solo invasion of the Serpent Kingdom.
- Evil Former Friend: To Xix, who she now hates.
- Fire and Ice Love Triangle: Let's see Xix is a fiery rebel who fights his way out of situations while Ninurrta is an aloof prince who literally uses ice powers. Although Ninurrta is starting to show more emotions as he spends more time with Siana. Siana is the girl they both desire but her feelings are ambiguous as she cares for both of them in different ways.
- Forgotten Friend, New Foe: To Xix.
- The Gentleman or the Scoundrel: her two love interests.
- Friendly Enemy: To Ninurta before his Face-Heel Turn.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a huge X-shaped one on her chest, presumably from when Xix tore out her heart.
- Hypocritical Humor: Accuses Ninurta of being reckless.
- Her Boyfriend's Jacket: Ninurrta is not her boyfriend but he is the closest thing to it presently. After rescuing her from Just, Ninurrta lends her his sports jacket which she continues to wear even after their heartbreaking separation.
- Incest Subtext: Her relationship with Caladbolg, which has even been questioned by Ninurta when it appears Caladbolg treats her as more than just a subordinate. Plus, the relationships with Ninurta, Just and Xix, considering the whole potential of blood or adoption relations there.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Goes running off to destroy the Serpent's fragment of Caladbolg's seal despite Caladbolg himself telling her not to.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To Xix back at their hometown and later to Ninurta.
- Missing Mom: Her mother was stated to have died in childbirth, one of the reasons she was shunned by her hometown.
- Her mother is revealed to be Serin in Chapter 66.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When Yuan's mother acts on her conflicted feelings towards Xix by trying to kill him and hitting Yuan instead, Siana is horrified and convinces Ninoorta to postpone saving his mother to heal her... which backfires again when Yuan's mother attacks them again.
- Necromancer: She remembered the spell Serin recited the night she left the child with the woman who would become her grandmother.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Her nursing Caladbolg back to health led to the death of everyone from her village.
- Her summoning of Yuan's mother to navigate Caladbolg's seal to reach Ninurta's mother before her execution caused her to be Empathic Weapon who acting on her conflicted feelings toward Xix tried to kill him and instead mortally wounded Yuan instead.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Towards Caladbolg and Ninurta.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no clue about Ninurrta's feelings towards her though she does toy with his affections. She is under the impression he is her brother and his feelings are actually familiar and not romantic.
- Tomato in the Mirror: As a child, she discovers she is a member of the Clan of the Night when Caladbolg doesn't taint her.
- Raised by Grandparents: Raised by her sickly grandmother.
- She Is All Grown Up: Her real body is certainly more... developed than her spare body, though not to the extent of other female characters.
- Stripperiffic: Wears a hoodie, a black bra, and short shorts in the present.
- The Undead: Was mortally wounded by Nex's soldiers and killed by Xix.
- What the Hell, Hero??: Does this twice. First to Xix at their reunion on why he killed her. Later to Ninurrta when he stabs her in the heart. Neither incidences were done willingly as unfortunate incidences caused the guys' to harm her. Siana sure does get stabbed through the heart a lot by love interests, hmm?.
- You Don't Look Like You: When Xix has a flashback to Siana's death in the first chapter she has developed breasts, but during the flashback arc that shows exactly how she died she was flat as a board. Also applies to her current body, which has black hair, to her real body, which is much older in appearance and has white hair.
- Walking Spoiler: Just take a look at how many spoilers she has in this entry.
The Big Bad
and God of Chaos
. Has a long history with Nex, as his host body
is Nex's little brother from Immortal Regis
, Jae-Hoon. It is not clear how much power Caladbolg has over Jae-Hoon, as the personalities really do seem to have fused together. Leader of the Clan of the Night and uncle of Siana. From chapter 67 it appears that Jae-Hoon is the personality largely in control, and the corruption he brings to Chaos is a curse out of his control because it is Caladbolg underneath basically lashing out any way he can.
- A Father to His Men: In contrast to his brother, Caladbolg considers throwing all his plans out the window in order to rescue Siana. Granted, it could just be a ploy to get Ninurta to join the Clan of the Night. If so, it worked.
- Affably Evil: Seems to still be kind to those he is invested in for one reason or another, even during or after morally questionable acts.
- Becoming the Mask: Caladbolg seems to genuinely believe it is Jae-Hoon. Unfortunately, Nex does not share the same sentiments.
- Big Brother Worship: Does he ever moon over Nex.
- Cain: To Nex's Abel.
- The Corrupter: To Ninurta.
- The Corruption: His power taints everything he touches in Chaos. This is due to Caladbolg lashing out in whatever way he can when it appears Jae-Hoon is the personality largely in control. It makes him responsible for the destruction of Xix's hometown as his very presence mutated the landscape, alerting Nex to his presence in the area, and he accidentally corrupted a girl named Linne.
- Cute and Psycho: What tends to happen when you seal an evil god inside a child.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Back in the flashback and before the current events of the series.
- Founder of the Kingdom: Even if it is not completely true, Caladbolg is considered the first true ruler of Chaos and its God. Considering the majority of Chaos has been created from Caladbolg's efforts and is thus under his influence, he has the power to back such a myth up.
- He Is All Grown Up: And apparently quite wealthy.
- Incest Subtext: Considering how jealous he of Serin for Nex's affections... not to mention his relationship with Siana, which has even been questioned by Ninurta when it appears Caladbolg treats her as more than just a subordinate.
- Littlest Cancer Patient: Jae-Hoon in a nutshell before the end of Immortal Regis, complete with Incurable Cough of Death.
- Living Weapon: Like Diffor, Caladbolg is technically an extremely powerful, sentient weapon. However, its method of doing things include possessing a host, making them into the new King of Chaos with all these nifty new powers.
- Mind Rape: Shows Iffrita how her beloved mother died, causing her to Go Mad from the Revelation.
- Not So Omniscient After All: Caladbolg even says he is an incomplete God.
- Parental Abandonment: Jae-Hoon has a huge case of this, and the main reason why he is obsessed with his brother.
- Possession Burnout: It's mentioned that it should happen. However, it is thus far averted as years later there are still no signs of it happening.
- Sadistic Choice: Caladbolg tries to deliver one to Jae-Hyuk by making him choose between saving Serin and saving Chaos, but can't bring himself to kill his host's brother.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Caladbolg's powers include a ton of shape-shifting.
- Ridiculously Successful Future Self: First introduced as a child, then reappears later all grown up.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
- What the Hell, Hero?: Caladbog chews Nex out on his hypocrisy in slaughtering Xix and Siana's village just in order to meet him. Nex doesn't care.
- Yandere: For his brother and Siana.
Yuan's cousin, Viryuna attacks Xix and Just accusing them of abducting Yuan, and later targets Xix on the orders of her master after learning he can use Taeguk.