Student Jae Hyuk had a normal life... Alright, so maybe it wasn't that normal. He was constantly poor, working four jobs to take care of his little brother, Jae Hoon, who was terminally sick. They were happy. Until one night walking home, he catches an unexpected sight of a beautiful girl battling a monster across the sky. That night was the night he died, 'protecting' Serin from getting killed. For reasons unknown, Serin brings him back to life as an undead and her slave. Of course, it's not that easy. In accordance to the rules of Chaos - Serin's world - Jae Hyuk cannot live in the human world any longer- or he will die, or accidentally suck the remaining life out of his brother.
But leaving Chaos isn't easy as it seems- especially when being a very weak undead human sets off a chain of events that could end the very world. Which ancient family will become the immortal regis, and what does Jae Hyuk have to do with it? Jae Hyuk cares for nothing except returning home to his little brother, and needs power to get back to Earth. So when he unseals a powerful sentient weapon 'Diffor'...
The Manhwa Cavalier of the Abyss
is the sequel to this series.
Unrelated to Regis Philbin or the other Regis
or the light novel series Chrome Shelled Regios
Needs wiki magic and expansion.
Immortal Regis provides examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Owen, when he follows Mistress Infinity into a warp gate. He ends up in a room filled with girls in lingerie. Epic nosebleed follows.
- Apocalypse How: Everyone fears that Jae Hyuk will bring this. It turns out that it won't be him, but his younger brother, Jae Hoon, who will. And does, to an extent. When Caladbolg possesses Ren, it seems that she will do this, too.
- Apocalypse Maiden: Ren.
- Anime Chinese Girl: Shao-Shao.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention harming Jae Hoon around Jae Hyuk. He will cut you down.
- BFS: Diffor in Sword Mode.
- Bishōnen: Resident Draco in Leather Pants, Yongje Bi-Hyung.
- The Chosen One: It was thought to be Latique, but it was really Ren. Noche and Jae Hyuk can also count.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Diffor, due to being a very loyal Empathic Weapon.
- Come with Me If You Want to Live: The first thing that Serin says to Jae Hoon after fatally wounding him: do you want to live? Once left behind, Earth doesn't reappear until the very end of the series.
- Cool Sword: Diffor, Caladbolg
- Cynicism Catalyst: Astarote, Serin's older sister that died before the events of this series she previously tried to wield Diffor's power but died in the attempt to control it.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Although there are some protagonists that are aligned with light, many are not (Demon Clan, anyone?).
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Professor Infinity a.k.a Muhan of the Serpent clan
- Demonic Possession: Semek temporarily does this to Serin when she's about to get killed by Sophia. Serin is not pleased. He does it again.
- The Dreaded: Undead King Noche
- Empathic Weapon: Diffor to a 'T', as well as Semek, when he appears. Calabolg is in a league of its own.
- Healing Factor: Jae Hyuk has this after becoming an undead, which has allowed him to survive various incidents. He notes this himself.
- Healing Hands: Hekarloth, Shao Shao, Infinity, Lein, Seon Yu, to name a few.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Hekarlot tries forcing Jae Hyuk into doing this by tying him down. He breaks out of it.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Or, rather, hero gets it when the sword chose him.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Jae Hyuk practically kills Serin when he finds out she brought Jae Hoon to chaos accidentally allowing him to be chosen to become Caladbolg.
- Purple Eyes: Ren
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: The various major clans seem to have this going on.
- Rose-Haired Girl: Ren
- Spell My Name with an S: Diffor suffers from this, the most common variations being Diffor(e), Depore (the most popular spelling), and De Pore. Word of God says it is Diffor.
- Hekarloth also has varying spellings to his name, including Hekarlot and Helkarlot.
- Stages of Monster Grief: Jae Hyuk goes through Denial and Defiance, and has reached Acceptance by the time of the sequel series.
- The Strategist: Bi-Hyung
- Unobtainium: Magic stones (with physical manifestations and personalities no less) that give their wielders great power are a critical plot point.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: This is what everyone thinks drove the Undead King Noche during his years as Regis and holder of both Diffor and Calabolg. This is the fate that many believe will ultimately befall Jae Hyuk due to being a human undead.
- Whip It Good: Sophia's weapon of choice. It can cut through pillars.
- Wizarding School: Jae Hyuk's initial introduction into the world of Chaos has him enrolling in such a place, although the plot later takes him beyond that setting.
- You Remind Me of Noche: Jae Hyuk gets compared to Noche a lot. It's actually one of the reasons why Diffor willingly contracted to Jae Hyuk in the first place.