wrath n.The word "wrath" is often used in one of the following ways:
1. strong vengeful anger or indignation.
2. retributory punishment for an offense or a crime.
- As a synonym for anger; see Anger Tropes for all tropes related to anger in general.
- More specifically, extreme anger, around which the following Anger Tropes revolve:
- As a synonym for Revenge, when one responds to being wronged by returning the favor in kind.
- When used as a character flaw, this often takes the form of Revenge Before Reason, where a character pursues vengeance over more practical matters.
- The name of one of the Seven Deadly Sins.