Mary Kate and Ashley IN ACTION! was a short-lived Saturday Morning Cartoon series produced by DiC Entertainment that aired on ABC. Coming off of the big Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen craze throughout the nineties, the girls voiced a pair of twin sisters named Misty (for Mary-Kate) and Amber (for Ashley), a pair of undercover teen superspies that go around the world solving crimes and mysteries mostly relating to things in the fashion world, going to cities such as Rome, Paris and London (where they went in their own DTV-movies before).
The show was canceled after just one season (consisting of only 26-episodes) due to poor ratings.
Tropes used by the series:
- Animated Adaptation
- Affably Evil: Renee ties the girls with ribbons and not handcuffs because handcuffs look terrible to her, even if they could had prevented the girls from escaping. She is about Looks after all.
- Anime Hair: Rodney Choy.
- Catch-Phrase: "Let's go save the world...again!"
- Celebrity Toons: One of the last ones to come out of a celebrity craze.
- The Cruella: Renee La Rouge.
- The Dragon: Sylvie.
- Enemy Mine: "Bad Hair Day."
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Renee La Rouge and Sylvie.
- Femme Fatale: Renee La Rouge.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Ivan Quintero.
- Green Eyes: Renee La Rouge has these.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Even though Misty and Amber look identical, there are some ways to tell them apart —
- Misty's hair was considerably straighter while Amber's hair was a lot wavier.
- Much like how they were portrayed in their DTV-film series, Misty seemed to be a little more tomboyish while Amber seemed to be more of a Girly Girl.
- Kid Detective
- Magic Skirt
- Modesty Towel: Renee in "In A Lather."
- Overt Operative: They're Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, obviously.
- Robot Dog: Quincy's technically a robot.
- Saturday Morning Cartoon: Aired on ABC's Disney's Saturday morning.
- Shout-Out: In "Bad Hair Day", the Olsen twins' hair resemble a Super Saiyan.
- Teen Superspy: They're teenagers and they're secret agents.
- They Fight Crime!: The Olsen twins and a talking dog. They fight crime.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Rodney Choy.