The player controls Bobbeh the magical shark and his boy companion (unnamed) in an Underwater Boss Battle fight to the death against their mortal enemy, the Giant King Crab, in the final-est climactic-est ultimate-est final battle to ever come at the end of anything. The eponymous crab pulls out every stop in this fight, attacking with lasers, swordfish, electrified spikes, helmeted jellyfish, fast-growing coral, and increasingly overelaborate attack sequences, each one sillier than the last. It is, quite simply, a parody of the bombastic, flashy, theatrical Final Boss battles in many recent videogames.
Has nothing to do with this.
In the blue coooorner (Bobbeh & boy tropes):
- Boss Arena Recovery: The "shoot me" fish.
- Excuse Plot: Bobbeh and his friend are fighting the King Crab to prove that sharks aren't evil; Crabs are.
- Eye Beams: Bobbeh uses these infrequently.
- Family-Friendly Firearms: The boy's main weapon is a laser gun.
- Fluffy the Terrible: A magical, eyebeam-shooting shark named... Bobbeh.
- Hammer Space: to an extent. Come on, where DO you store all those rockets and torpedoes?
- Macross Missile Massacre: As long as you have rockets, Bobbeh and boy will be shooting them at an alarming rate. Torpedoes are much more infrequent.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Inverted. Apparently the magical shark is the dominant partner in their relationship.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: Or more exactly, Not Evil Just Hungry.
- Shout-Out: Bobbeh shoots Frickin' Laser Beams from his head.
- Sweat Drop: The boy makes these while the Giant King Crab makes his entrance.
And, in the red coooorner (Giant King Crab tropes):
- Chainsaw Good: His final special (after which he loops back to the first one if still not dead) uses two rows of chainsaw teeth with occasional conveniently placed gaps.
- Crosshair Aware: His eye beam
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: one special summons a swarm of squids in helmets.
- Faceless Eye: His eye transformation.
- Flunky Boss: the Crab has random electric eels coming to shock you occasionally. He also doubles as a Mook Maker himself since a few of his specials summon diverse mooks, and the only attack he will use multiple times in the battle is the summoning of an small walking robot with a separate healthbar which tries to shoot you with plasma bolts.
- Hammer Space: even worse than Bobbeh and his boy in that sense. Is there anything he doesn't have stored within his body?
- Humongous Mecha: The AT-AT he summons at the start.
- Invincible Minor Minion: The electric eels he sends out.
- Instant Bandages: When he dies.
- Kaizo Trap: When you kill the Crab, you are immobilized for his ending cutscene, but you do NOT receive invulnerability. Thus, if you kill the Crab but leave one of his walker robot minions alone, you will keep standing in one spot as the Crab begins his monologue and the walker stands right underneath you, blasting you with plasma beams and eventually killing you. This fact has been discovered empirically. You can die during the ending cutscene. I Wanna Be the Guy much?
- Lightning Gun: Averted with his lightning herse... then played perfectly straight with his electric Wave Motion Gun later on. Justified, since the battle takes place in water.
- Luck-Based Mission: Some of his attacks can become this coupled with the random electic eel appearing. Standing in a spot waiting for his electric herse or the coral attack to end? Electric eel comes, no space to dodge, you're dead. Spinning around for your life during the Pearl move? Electric eel comes, no possibility to dodge, you're dead. Trapped between the chainsaw blades? Electric eel comes, no space to dodge, you're dead.
- Musical Assassin: His second special.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Or so he claims upon defeat.
- Nothing but Skulls: Adorn his crown.
- Perplexing Pearl Production: One of his attacks is splitting his body in half lengthwise and opening up like a clamshell to reveal a pearl inside of him. It shoots reflected light beams at you.
- Power Crystal: Alternatively, Power Pearl.
- Psycho Electric Eel: He sends out these.
- Pull a Rabbit out of My Hat: One of the ways he summons mooks.
- Reflecting Laser: The machine gun's orbs. Fortunately, the pattern is always the same, so safe spots can be found.