A Turn-Based RPG based on the independent webseries, Terrain of Magical Expertise: The Game! is the logical conclusion to a series set within a game world. Set entirely in its own Canon, the TOME Video Game features different versions of characters from the web show, as well as a "White-Hat Hacker" Canon Foreigner Player Character that eventually joins them. The game itself appears to be based on most Turn-Based RPGs, what with its Elemental RockPaperScissors system and the like; and at this point very little is known about it other than that. A Kickstarter for the game can be found here.
Spoilers below for both Web Series! You have been warned.
This work provides examples of:
- Action Commands: In the same vein as the Trope Namer, the effectiveness of attacks and abilities can be enhanced by timed button presses.
- Adaptational Villainy: Kinda. We don't know quite to what extent, but Archy is part of Rockoon's hacker gang.
- Alternate Continuity: From the web series before it. One notable difference is there will be no Science Fiction element in the game's story (meaning no Artificial Intelligence that can translate human thoughts into code and vice versa), instead focusing more on the eponymous MMORPG itself.
- Gender Flip: A good number of guys from the previous continuity have been changed into girls, including Rulerruby (Rubirules) and Sniperyda (Sniperwheel). Additionally, Gamecrazed is now more explicitly female, as opposed to disguising herself as male for most of the show.note
- Nice Girl: Gamesoft comes across as this in the demo despite not having much screentime.
- Token Heroic Orc: The White Hat. A Hacker who uses their skills to benefit other players by keeping more malicious hackers at bay rather than wreak havoc. The synopsis states they're not the only one either.