The Terrain of Magical Expertise video game is an upcoming Role-Playing Game adaptation of the webseries of the same name. Featuring a Turn-Based Combat system inspired by the likes of Super Mario RPG, it is the logical conclusion to a series set within a game world, although it is not an MMORPG like the game in the web series was.
Set entirely in its own Canon, the TOME Video Game features different versions of characters from the web show, as well as a "White-Hat Hacker" Canon Foreigner Player Character that eventually joins them. It was successfully funded on Kickstarter in October 2017, and has been undergoing development ever since.
Spoilers below for both Web Series! You have been warned.
This work provides examples of:
- Action Commands: In the same vein as the Trope Namer, the effectiveness of attacks and abilities in the demo can be enhanced by timed button presses.
- Baleful Polymorph: In the demo the Nature alignment grants its champions the ability to temporarily turn their foes into weak and practically harmless flowers.
- Blow You Away: In the demo, the Nature alignment has a good range of air spells.
- Elemental RockPaperScissors: Much like the series, the demo has four elemental factions with the following interactions: mystical and icy Crystal extinguishes the demonic fires of the Infernal, but is often resisted by Technical beings that disbelief silly mysticism: Technical is in turn vulnerable to the power of Nature and barely scratches such enemies with their attacks; Nature is easily burned by the Infernal Flames. The player can also be Neutral, and avoid both the bonuses and the shortcomings of either alignment.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: The demo's Brawler characters specialize in bare-handed combat.
- Hand Blast: Flamegirl's Sun Gun and Sun Shotgun skills are animated in the demo as her pointing a finger at the enemy to fire a fireball (multiple fireballs for the Sun Shotgun) from it.
- Harmless Freezing: The demo explains that the ice magic of the Crystal-aligned characters can freeze their opponents solid for several turns.
- Playing with Fire: The Infernal alignment is all about flame attacks in the demo, like the so-called Corona Cut.
- Shock and Awe: The demo's Technical characters have electrical attack abilities.
- Slime Girl: In the demo, Morphological character type are inorganic humanoid constructs consisting mostly of slime, so all the female characters of this type amount to this.
- Token Heroic Orc: The White Hat. Their background in the demo is that of a Hacker who uses their skills to benefit other players by keeping more malicious hackers at bay rather than wreak havoc. The synopsis states they're not the only one either.