T.O.M.E (The Remake) provides examples of:
Episode 00 How about hearing the agonizing screams of Kirbopher/Zetto while he feels the sensation of getting his arm ripped off?
Yeah, that'll do it to ya.
- The entire episode, if we're being honest.
- The Reveal that Rubirules is the one who gave SOFTDI her body, considering what he does to her in the future.
- Alpha's saying how he really wants Nylocke and the others to like him. It helps establish Alpha is kind of friendless and lonely.
- Despite it being a heartwarming moment as well, Alpha saying he's never had friends like the Five-Man Band before. Kirb ruins the moment by calling him a loser, but it's still a sad one.
- Flamegirl and Kirbopher's brutally insulting each other nonstop to the point and Alpha's trying to stop them until he eventually screams "STOP IT EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP!" which shocks everyone. It only gets worse from there.
- The episode is called Dragon Drama. Of course there are tearjerker moments.
- To start off, we see Nylocke break character for the first time. He is so torn about his desire to help Kirb because it directly takes away the escapism he wants from his real life. To see Nylocke, the character who seemed to be the most outgoing character, become so distraught is too sad.
- Kirbopher findng out Alpha signed up for the Gemini Tournament without telling him and his reaction, as well as him failing to put up a facade that he was happy with the outcome.
- Alpha's despair over the events of Episode 05 and how badly it's affected him, and just how guilty he feels because of what happened.
- Kirbopher's giving up on the Gemini Tournament and just being completely despondent the whole time.
- How everyone's badmouthing Alpha because of the stuff that happened with the Forbidden Power, and after battling a bunch of players trying to make him use it, all he can do is angrily vent that he just wants to be done with the Forbidden Power for good.
- The Wham Line that reveals Alpha's real name to be Michael and how people outside of TOME view him as a weird anti-social nerd because he's a Shrinking Violet who stays home and plays video games. This heavily implies that he's heard them say this about him, yet also gives hope that Michael could have friends outside of TOME.
- Meanwhile, Flamegirl's begging him to wake up because he's unconcious from losing to Demon Zetto.
- "Well... Maybe this is about as good as it's going to get."
- Nearly all of Episode 14 after the fights with Odboll and Tigerlily. Those who have had a history with anxiety and stress due to neglect or a lack of acceptance will feel this one the most. Not only is Neomutant knocked out, but Nylocke is captured by Zetto and turned into a component for the near-complete antivirus program. While this worries both Alpha and Flamegirl, they manage to keep it together as it's just them now. They're assaulted by Kizuna and Zetto, and while Zetto is talking to Kizuna, Flamegirl screams in agony as she is presumably killed by the antivirus in her character consuming her completely. The antivirus energy goes into the Dragon Bug vaccine program and powers it up, and the first thing it does upon activating? It repeats Flamegirl's exact scream. Alpha's face reads pure terror. At this time the Forbidden Power is released and on the move, the Netkings unable to seal it away. The Dragon Bug flies into a portal taking it to Sanctuary but Alpha angrily grabs onto it and rides it there. Zetto switches back to Kirbopher and tries to take the Power down, now called Kajet. He puts up a good fight but is crushed in its grip in the end. When Alpha gets to Sanctuary, he hops off the Dragon Bug and one of the first things he sees is Kirbopher's lifeless body. Upon seeing this, he doesn't even say anything. With all his friends being gone, Alpha lets out a Skyward Scream. What drives this home is the look of sheer fear and dread on his face. The poor guy starts hyperventilating and sucking on air as memories of his friends flash through his head, him coming to the realization that they're gone and he's alone. As he screams his eyes roll back in his head and the camera pans up, ending the episode. You can hear his emotional pain through his scream. The loss of the people he cares about, the ones who accepted him for who he is, causes him to positively LOSE IT.