Mr. Burns has The Simpsons house-sit for him while he goes to the Mayo Clinic, and Homer uses Mr. Burns' mansion and wealth to hold a booze cruise for his buddies.
- The Alcoholic: Lenny tries to drink rubbing alcohol.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Homer calling out everyone in the credits over being richer than he is (including the voice actors, who aren't as rich as they should be, but still are richer than he'll ever be), except for Richard K. Chung ("Oh, he's poor.").
- Comically Missing the Point: When Burns is informed of his "Three Stooges Syndrome", Burns concludes that it must mean he's indestructible. However, the Doctor tries to tell him that even a slight breeze could kill him, but Burns walks away satisfied.
- Enemy Civil War: Mr. Burns suffers from a biological version of this. A doctor tells him he has every disease known to man, as well as new ones found inside him. However, they all get in each others' way, thereby preventing Burns from actually dying of anything.
- Exact Words: Cornelius Chapman is said to have taken a bullet for Huey Long, which he did only after Long had already been shot several times.
- Formal Full Array of Cutlery: While house-sitting for Mr. Burns, the family sits down to have sloppy-joes for dinner, and they end up using a bunch of different pieces of silverware—Marge notes that it's probably overly-elaborate for something as simple as sloppy-joes and admits that she knows what all but one of the forks are for. The only fork that Marge doesn't know is very long, but according to Homer, it's apparently a good butt-scratcher.
- Hypocritical Humor: When the ship is hijacked by pirates:Lenny: Some party, Homer.
Homer: Shut up, net-face.
Lenny: Hey, you're in the net, too.
Homer: I said, shut UP, net-face!
- Knife Fight:Homer: Look at those poor saps back on land with their "laws" and "ethics". They'll never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight. [Sure enough, two monkeys are fighting with knives while a cheering crowd watches]Moe: Thrust! Parry! Stab, stab, stab! [one of the monkeys screams] Ha-ha! He ain't pretty no more!
- Loophole Abuse: Homer would take Mr. Burns yacht to international waters just so Moe would be able to sell beer on a weekend before 2:00pm. Barney pointed out Moe could legally give beer. Moe doesn't budge.
- Misspelling Out Loud:Homer: Operator, get me Thailand. T, I... and so on.
- Off-Model: According to simpsonsarchive.com, Britney Spears was drawn more like Baby Spice from The Spice Girls, though her character design was meant to look like Spears from her "Baby One More Time" video.
- Older Than They Look: The search for Springfield's oldest resident reminded us of Ned Flanders' real age.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Mr. Burns has literally every disease known by mankind and some that were unknown until a doctor examined him. The doctor says the diseases are fighting among themselves.
- Pet the Dog: Mr. Burns isn't upset about losing his yacht, but he seems genuinely worried when he finds out about the injuries sustained by his ape.Mr. Burns: [horrified] Furious George! What have they done to your beautiful face?! [hugs the ape] There, there...Smithers, this monkey's going to need most of your skin.
- Riddle for the Ages: Exactly what laid God knows how many eggs in Smithers' brain.
- Self-Made Orphan: When Mr. Burns filled a form, he had to inform his parents' cause of death. He wrote "Got in my way".
- Shout-Out: The ape Mr. Burns is concerned over is named "Furious George," a reference to the Curious George book series.
- Take That!: When Homer moaned that he never got any award, Lisa reminded him of his Grammy, prompting him to say he meant an award worth winning. Then we're shown a disclaimer stating Homer's opinions don't necessarily reflect those of the network, who doesn't consider the Grammy an award at all.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: While Marge is cleaning Mr. Burns mansion, one of the rooms she tidies is his secret laboratory. She nonchalantly wipes dust away while ignoring the bizarre and horrific experiments around, including several jars containing clones of Burns and Smithers.