Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9 | Chapter 10 | Chapter 11 | Chapter 12 | Chapter 13
Chapter 14 | Chapter 15 | Chapter 16 | Chapter 17 | Chapter 18 | Chapter 19 | Chapter 20 | Chapter 21 | Chapter 22 | Chapter 23 | Chapter 24 | Chapter 25 | Chapter 26 | Chapter 27 | Chapter 28 | Chapter 29 | Chapter 30 | Chapter 31 | Chapter 32 | Chapter 33 | Chapter 34 | Chapter 35
For the recap index, go here.
When Jughead learns that FP is getting released from prison, he and Betty organize a welcome home party with the Serpents to ease him back into his former life. Meanwhile, Archie and Veronica reach a crossroad in their relationship, but are forced to push their issues aside after Jughead and Betty ask them to take over the Black Hood investigation.
- Adult Fear:
- Alice sees her underage daughter stripping on-stage for the serpents. A lot like she used to do before she clawed her way over from the wrong side of the tracks.
- FP sees his son slipping farther and farther into the criminal lifestyle he wanted Jughead to get away from.
- All for Nothing: Betty strips herself in front of the Serpents in order to join Jughead. But after FP rejoins the gang, thanks to Jughead, he pushed her away so he wouldn't ruin her life too.
- Beat: When FP tries to convince Alice to come to his retirement partyAlice: Hal would never come!FP: Then leave him. [Beat] At home.
- Bodyguard Crush: Veronica's parents are intrested in invoking some inversion of this. Archie is already Veroninca's boyfriend, and they'd like to see himHermione: Also, your father and I have talked, and... we wouldn't mind seeing more of Archie. He's brawny, and devoted to you.
- Disappointed in You: FP to Jughead, after he found out he made a deal with Penny Peabody that he specifically warned him about.
- Hypocritical Humor: Cheryl gives Archie and Veronica flak for making out in the halls, while she herself is wearing shorts which are short enough that a bit of her butt is visible.
- The "I Love You" Stigma: When Archie says he loves Veronica, she finds that she can't say it back. She also realizes her parents never said they love each other either.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Jughead ruined his dad's chance to leave the Serpents because he made a deal with Penny, forcing FP to rejoin the Serpents.
- Red Herring: As mentioned in the previous episode, the Riverdale Reaper is believed to be the Black Hood. Then they believe it's the janitor (see The Reveal). Both turned out false, because the Reaper was just a conman passing through town and was killed, and the janitor didn't have green eyes.
- The Reveal: The janitor is the third child of the family murdered by the Riverdale Reaper.
- Ship Tease: The first between FP and Alice, between the "sexually frustrated" conversation and the hints of their shared past.
- Shout-Out: The scene where FP kisses Jughead and tells him "You broke my heart" echoes a similar scene between Michael and Fredo in The Godfather Part II.
- The Un-Reveal: The two men who killed the Riverdale Reaper.