Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9 | Chapter 10 | Chapter 11 | Chapter 12 | Chapter 13
Chapter 14 | Chapter 15 | Chapter 16 | Chapter 17 | Chapter 18 | Chapter 19 | Chapter 20 | Chapter 21 | Chapter 22 | Chapter 23 | Chapter 24 | Chapter 25 | Chapter 26 | Chapter 27 | Chapter 28 | Chapter 29 | Chapter 30 | Chapter 31 | Chapter 32 | Chapter 33 | Chapter 34 | Chapter 35
For the recap index, go here.
Title From: "The Tell-Tale Heart" (1843 short story)
- Conflicting Loyalties: Veronica may be on board with some of her parents' actions, but she has no interest in helping them destroy Mayor McCoy. So, she teams up with the latter to get her out of from under her parents' thumb.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Played with, while the drug dealer might be an unpleasant man due to his occupation, Betty argues that he's still a person who has family and friends. However, when she tries to call his contact saying that she's found his phone, they all hung up. The drug dealer has a girlfriend who suspected he was cheating on her.
- Everyone Has Standards: Cheryl is not on board with her mother sleeping with Hal, so she tells him to go home or else she'll tell his family. Later, she tells Betty the truth anyway.
- Internal Reveal: Veronica tells Mayor McCoy that she knows about her affair with the Sheriff.
- Betty tells Jughead and FP about the body she and Alice covered up.
- Played with Archie, as he finally tells Hiram about the FBI agent. However, that was all a test from Hermione.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Jughead refuses Hiram's deal, F.P. remarks, "See you in the funny papers."
- Mistaken for Cheating: Betty got a call from presumably the drug dealer's girlfriend. She thinks Betty is the "slut" he was seeing, then tells her he's dead to her now.
- Paranoia Fuel: Betty, after she and her mother covered up the body. She's worried someone will find out or someone will come looking for the drug dealer.
- Removed from the Picture: Chic cuts Hal from a family photo.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Cheryl saw Betty being sick and distressed at the bathroom, so Cheryl assumed it's about her family situation due to Hal cheating on Alice with Penelope. But in reality, Betty is still disturbed by how Alice covered up for murdering a drug dealer in the Cooper's house.
- Secret Test of Character: Agent Adams turns out to be fake. He works for Hermione and was sent to test if Archie could be trusted to take the Lodges' side even under pressure from the Feds.
- Wham Episode: Betty and Alice cover up Chic's murder, with help from FP and Jughead. However, Betty is now suspicious of Chic. Also, Cheryl learns of Hal's relationship with Penelope and tells Betty about it. Veronica helps to protect Sierra from her parents. Finally, Archie stays loyal to the Lodges, only to learn that he was set up by Hermione.
- Wham Shot: Andre tells Archie that he's taking him to see the boss. Archie thinks he's going to see Hiram. Instead, he meets with Hermione, who was behind Agent Adams the whole time.