Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9 | Chapter 10 | Chapter 11 | Chapter 12 | Chapter 13
Chapter 14 | Chapter 15 | Chapter 16 | Chapter 17 | Chapter 18 | Chapter 19 | Chapter 20 | Chapter 21 | Chapter 22 | Chapter 23 | Chapter 24 | Chapter 25 | Chapter 26 | Chapter 27 | Chapter 28 | Chapter 29 | Chapter 30 | Chapter 31 | Chapter 32 | Chapter 33 | Chapter 34 | Chapter 35
For the recap index, go here.
The Riverdale High variety show is coming up and after suffering stage fright, Archie asks Val for help with his song, leading to them both in deep water with Josie and Veronica respectively. Meanwhile Betty and Jughead reach out to Polly and learn more on her history with Jason.
- Absentee Actor: Cheryl and her snark are dearly missed this episode. Possibly justified, in that she's likely still in mourning over Jason's funeral.
- Batman Gambit: A simple one. At breakfast, Jughead asks to use the bathroom, and Betty offers to show him. Betty's mom, sensing something is up, takes him instead. This gives Betty an opening to root through her mother's purse while she's gone.
- Big Damn Kiss: Betty and Jughead. Also Archie and Valerie, showing that she series is really moving away from just the Betty/Archie/Veronica love triangle.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Hermione forges her daughter's signature on Fred Andrew's contract for the Riverdale Real Estate bid, after Veronica refuses to sign it herself.
- A Day In The Lime Light: Josie, and to a lesser extent the Pussycats background is explored.
- Destroy the Evidence: The car that Betty and Jughead found is gone up in flames by the time Sheriff Keller gets there.
- Funny Background Event: Kevin dancing like a goofball offstage behind Josie and the Pussycats' performance.
- Held Gaze: Jughead and Betty, especially noticeable before their Big Damn Kiss.
- Locked Away in a Monastery: The asylum that Polly was sent off to seems to double as a convent.
- Mythology Gag:
- Veronica summarizes the agonizing indecisiveness of Archie to fans for over 75 years.
- "That was Josie and The Pussycats! Long tails, and Ears for hats..."
- The Runaway: Polly breaks out of the mental facility.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Josie fears Val may end up doing this.
- Sexy Walk: The Strut the New Pussycats, (Josie, Melody and Veronica) do down the hall stops the entire student body in their tracks.
- Stage Mom: Mayor McCoy is heavily invested in "Josie and the Pussycats," and her daughter's success, referring to it as "Our plan!"
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: Josie desperately craves her famous jazz musician father's approval. He leaves in the middle of her song, which even Josie's mom thought was beyond the pale.
- What the Hell, Hero?: After Veronica gets excited about doing a duet with Archie for the show, she is completely enraged to find that Archie's replaced her with Valerie.
- Your Cheating Heart: Veronica catches her mom kissing Archie's dad. When she questions if her mother is planning on leaving Hiram after he gets out of prison, Hermione denies the accusation, leading to Veronica getting more pissed at her mother's infidelity.