Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Chapter 9 | Chapter 10 | Chapter 11 | Chapter 12 | Chapter 13
Chapter 14 | Chapter 15 | Chapter 16 | Chapter 17 | Chapter 18 | Chapter 19 | Chapter 20 | Chapter 21 | Chapter 22 | Chapter 23 | Chapter 24 | Chapter 25 | Chapter 26 | Chapter 27 | Chapter 28 | Chapter 29 | Chapter 30 | Chapter 31 | Chapter 32 | Chapter 33 | Chapter 34 | Chapter 35
For the recap index, go here.
After an incident at Riverdale High leaves the town on edge, Archie leads the charge to uncover the culprit. Meanwhile, the reveal of a devastating secret leads to a violent showdown between Chic, Jughead, Betty and Alice. Elsewhere, Veronica takes matters into her own hands when someone from her past comes to town seeking revenge. Finally, Hermoine and Cheryl conspire to take down Sheriff Keller.
- Beware the Nice Ones:
- In one of the darkest examples of this trope, Betty sics the Black Hood on Chic after learning that he killed her brother.
- Also before that, Jughead resorts to beating on Chic. While it is for a different reason, it is also too similar to how Nick St. Clair tortures Archie.
- Broken Pedestal: Subverted with Archie, who isn't angry with Hiram for leaving him to die. Veronica, however, is very angry.
- Continuity Nod: Many mentions from the previous episodes this season:
- Nick drugging Cheryl with a roofie.
- Mr. Svenson forcing Betty to bury Archie alive.
- Alice covering up for Chic murdering a man in the living room.
- The Sisters of Quiet Mercy's illegal gay reeducation camp.
- Downer Beginning: The episode opens with Midge's funeral.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Nick blackmails Veronica to spend a night with him in exchange for a kidnapped Archie's freedom. She's one step ahead of him, and gives Nick a roofie. Further, after he'd blackmailed her to give a million for Archie's ransom, she captures Nick and blackmails his family to pay for their son's return. They follow through.
- Internal Reveal: Hal is shocked that Alice told him that she covered up for Chic murdering a man in their house.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Nick St. Clair gets roofied by Veronica, and kidnapped/ransomed.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Alice is devastated to learn that the boy who showed up at her house once was her own son, but she turned him away, ultimately leading to his death.
- The Reveal: Chic isn't Alice's biological son. Her biological son had turned up, but she turned him away, and he was then killed by Chic. Moreover, FP was the father.
- Wham Shot: Three times this episode.
- After receiving her call from the Black Hood, Betty agrees to sell Chic to him. While approaching him, she takes out the gun she'd taken from the impostor Miss Grundy back in the first season.
- The Black Hood himself shows up, proving that he's been alive this whole time.
- Finally, the ending, along with some dialogue from Alice, heavily suggests that Hal is the Black Hood.
- Your Days Are Numbered: After Midge's funeral, Cheryl approaches Sheriff Keller to tell him that his days of failing Riverdale are numbered.